Sick of OLLIE Bashing | The Boneyard

Sick of OLLIE Bashing

Reaction Score
We are a very lucky university to have Kevin Ollie as our head coach in basketball. Almost all, if not all UConn successes in athletics have come based upon the coaches being at UConn for many years. Marrone, Calhoun, Reid, Geno, Nancy (our field hockey coach -sorry lost her last name in the moment) Lenny T, Edsall 2, Penders etc...Kevin Ollie is a strong man, loves our University, is not responsible for us being in the AAC, and is a man of high character, work ethic and integrity. This current experience is just another hurdle he and we will overcome. Not all the names listed above were great from day one but the character and perseverance made them and us great.
Now is not the time to whine, its the time to support our men's BB program and Kevin Ollie even more. I truly believe he will respond and in the long run, and even in the short run all of us will be better off for having his and the teams back. Now you can go back to your regular scheduled bitching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Im the biggest Ollie defender. But honestly i cant fault anyone for taking some shots after what a nightmare the beginning of this wk was. They deserve some shots lol. Hell i wanted to takr some. Before chillious UConn's world felt like it was crashing haha

Reaction Score
If you're sick of Ollie bashing, you should probably avoid a blog devoted to providing passionate fans a voice to cheer during good times, and bash during the bad.

You wouldn't go to Canada in Jan if you hated the cold

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If you're sick of Ollie bashing, you should probably avoid a blog devoted to providing passionate fans a voice to cheer during good times, and bash during the bad.

I'm going to call the op and you the bash brothers.
You bash the coach, he bashes you.
I was thinking of calling you the vent brothers but vend does that make sense. You're venting, he's venting. All good.

Liked your analogy but a more appropriate one in this case would be you wouldn't go to the Amazonian rainforest in March if you hate the heat.

Reaction Score

You call this blog for passionate fans? It's a blog for nut bags who are irrational and have not a clue what they're talking about. Really it is.

Reaction Score
I'm asking because I'm new to the blog...

Am I allowed to critique Ollie and his (lack of) effectiveness recently while hoping he stays and turns this ship around?

Am I allowed to express frustration with the direction of the program and our administration while still watching every game and supporting our squad as hard as humanly possibly??

When you got ten toes in, you face your brothers, be open and honest with each other, and come out ready to let championships start chasing us again.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you define as "bashing" but I think it's fair to question some things the program has done and expect better results. I also think you have to define success over a longer period than just 1 season so I'm not going crazy about this past season, which obviously had issues beyond Ollie's control.

The next 2 seasons are critical though. The program can't continue to not deliver. Ollie is getting paid a lot of money to deliver winning teams (he's around the 10th highest paid coach in college basketball). It's a results oriented business. The team has to be better than what we've seen over the last 3 years (yes they made the tournament last year, but I think that team underachieved). Let's revisit this in 2 years and see where we're at.

Reaction Score
We are a very lucky university to have Kevin Ollie as our head coach in basketball. Almost all, if not all UConn successes in athletics have come based upon the coaches being at UConn for many years. Marrone, Calhoun, Reid, Geno, Nancy (our field hockey coach -sorry lost her last name in the moment) Lenny T, Edsall 2, Penders etc...Kevin Ollie is a strong man, loves our University, is not responsible for us being in the AAC, and is a man of high character, work ethic and integrity. This current experience is just another hurdle he and we will overcome. Not all the names listed above were great from day one but the character and perseverance made them and us great.
Now is not the time to whine, its the time to support our men's BB program and Kevin Ollie even more. I truly believe he will respond and in the long run, and even in the short run all of us will be better off for having his and the teams back. Now you can go back to your regular scheduled bitching.
Wow what a bleeding heart. Come back in two years and see if it is any better.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm going to call the op and you the bash brothers.
You bash the coach, he bashes you.
I was thinking of calling you the vent brothers but vend does that make sense. You're venting, he's venting. All good.

Liked your analogy but a more appropriate one in this case would be you wouldn't go to the Amazonian rainforest in March if you hate the heat.

Vend is the Estonian word for brother. You'd be calling them the Brother Brothers.

Reaction Score
You call this blog for passionate fans? It's a blog for nut bags who are irrational and have not a clue what they're talking about. Really it is.
No, it's a venue for people who can spew venom and hide with an anonymous online persona. Meet them in the real world and see what happens.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Hello Warde!!

Reaction Score
It is called being held accountable. Grow a pair.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm asking because I'm new to the blog...

Am I allowed to critique Ollie and his (lack of) effectiveness recently while hoping he stays and turns this ship around?

Am I allowed to express frustration with the direction of the program and our administration while still watching every game and supporting our squad as hard as humanly possibly??

When you got ten toes in, you face your brothers, be open and honest with each other, and come out ready to let championships start chasing us again.

All of that is a 'yes'.

But the problem is that it's usually followed by "Ollie is incompetent" and "he's not a good game coach so fire him" and "he can't develop players" (when he has). Avoid that kind of thing and you'll be sweet.

Express frustration by honestly critiquing. Not bashing.

Reaction Score
Don't see many questioning his ethics or determination or passion for the program. At the end of the day, people's opinions are meaningless when actual records exist. We are all rooting for him, but our optimism wanes each year and our concern grows when comparing results to the rest of the league, let alone comparing it to Uconn's former greatness. At this point, he has to succeed because if he doesn't in another year or two it becomes that much harder to bring this program back to national relevancy

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Don't see many questioning his ethics or determination or passion for the program. At the end of the day, people's opinions are meaningless when actual records exist. We are all rooting for him, but our optimism wanes each year and our concern grows when comparing results to the rest of the league, let alone comparing it to Uconn's former greatness. At this point, he has to succeed because if he doesn't in another year or two it becomes that much harder to bring this program back to national relevancy
This is a critique. What's it doing in a bashing thread?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom