Sick of OLLIE Bashing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sick of OLLIE Bashing

Reaction Score
Zero coaches in the history of the game make the tournament with that depleted of roster (and personnel). No coach in history can force players to make open shots, as our guys did time and time and time again. You have to face and accept that.
Oh bulls**t, I don't have to face winning in the first half by 10 points or more, and just sit through a precipitous slide to a loss in the 2nd half. Happened too many times this season. That's on the coach, pure and simple.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone "sick" of Ollie bashing can't be very sick. Bashing to me is cheap shots and unfair criticism. I've seen some bashing but mostly fair criticism.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Oh bulls**t, I don't have to face winning in the first half by 10 points or more, and just sit through a precipitous slide to a loss in the 2nd half. Happened too many times this season. That's on the coach, pure and simple.
I'll check if I still have the statistics on my home PC. But if you take Ollie's splits at halftime, whenever we're losing going into the break our record is atrociously poor.

An overwhelming majority of our wins come from first half leads. Of course this is expected, but I haven't done the work to compare with other coaches.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
You call this blog for passionate fans? It's a blog for nut bags who are irrational and have not a clue what they're talking about. Really it is.
I resemble that remark.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I don't like the Ollie bashing either.

I named my cat Ollie, and he's only 2 years old. KO must stay for the relevance of my cat's name.
You can always take the Laurel and Hardy angle.

Reaction Score
It isn't bashing when one questions what happened to a once proud program that is never ranked, never challenges for the regular season title in an average conference and has won one postseason game in 3 seasons. There just hasn't been any real success since 2014. I think it is fair to question the leadership of the program given the three year trend we have seen.

To those of you who still fully support KO, what have you seen over the past 3 seasons that causes you to be optimistic?

Reaction Score
I'll check if I still have the statistics on my home PC. But if you take Ollie's splits at halftime, whenever we're losing going into the break our record is atrociously poor.

An overwhelming majority of our wins come from first half leads. Of course this is expected, but I haven't done the work to compare with other coaches.
I didn't say leading by 10 at halftime, I said leading in the first half by 10. In most of those losses, our lead had dwindled to 2 or 3 by halftime or we actually were down by a point or two. Then once the 2nd half started that trend continued. Happened too many times this past season. Like I said when this happens, it's on the coach.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Huh? They're problem was starting out slow. They were behind at the half the whole season. They usually finished stronger than they started. And that is on the coaching, no doubt.

But frankly, you just don't lose 2 or your top 3 players and make the tournament. Unless you have a bench of AA like UK or Duke. I'm sure it's happened, but I could do that to almost any team in the country and it likely wouldn't occur.

Reaction Score
Bump. You were saying....

- 3 transfers
- top recruit decommit
- asst head coach fired
- strength coach fired

Ho hum, nothing to see here.

nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, to 'bash' Ollie about. he's got this program riiiight where he wants it.

can't wait until we go 16-12 and they call it a success as a rebuilding year.

"Guys didn't quit. Playing for the name on the front of the jersey. Fighting because all 8 of us love each other and the brotherhood. We fighting to get back to the top and this is step towards our path. It's the journey, not the result"

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Be honest, you named him after the team manager in Hoosiers...

Let's be fair now...that kid was a manager/player. He hit the two Wilt Chamberlain/Rick Barry-esque underhanded free throws to send his team to the Indiana state championship game.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
You can always take the Laurel and Hardy angle.

Yes, but wouldn't that require him to get another cat and name it Laurel?

Reaction Score
Bump. You were saying....

- 3 transfers
- top recruit decommit
- asst head coach fired
- strength coach fired

Ho hum, nothing to see here.

nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, to 'bash' Ollie about. he's got this program riiiight where he wants it.

can't wait until we go 16-12 and they call it a success as a rebuilding year.

"Guys didn't quit. Playing for the name on the front of the jersey. Fighting because all 8 of us love each other and the brotherhood. We fighting to get back to the top and this is step towards our path. It's the journey, not the result"
Everyone fails to see the good news today. Ollie to the NBA is dead and if he chooses to go........

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Yes, but wouldn't that require him to get another cat and name it Laurel?
More likely Stan but I'm good with either. You know what they say "don't throw the cat out with the player, another player, prized recruit, asst. coach, S & C coach and the bath water"

Reaction Score
I give Ollie another two years to show substantial progress. But we should remember that his hypothetical replacement would have one hell of a rebuilding job on his hands

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Damn, I forgot to add "and another player" to the old saying. Usually Old sayings don't change very much but I'm guessing this one will very soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom