Sick and tired | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sick and tired

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
More than likely they were trying to give Jalen a breather.

Ya, and he's gonna be the main attacker/scorer, so having a guard like Vital take (I said 2 before, sorry, maybe that's an exaggeration) 4-5 dribbles up the court, make a wing entry pass to Purv, who would then do roughly the same and get the ball to Adams, where he'd attack on a high pick n' roll, is NOT unreasonable nor bad coaching.

The thought was that because Vital made an all-time bonehead error in that situation, Ollie was wrong for having him do that.

I can't get with that logic. He's a freshman who clearly has the ability to play at this level, and in this game was one of the 5 in the important minutes. There's nothing wrong with Ollie running the play that way. It's way too hindsight and unfair. It's just not valid, to me.

Reaction Score
Nah I watched it about 10 times in slow mo, it was Def off adams

Anyone who says it was definitely off anyone is lying. Tough call either way from what I saw and the call on the court was tough to reverse no matter which way it went, that was the problem.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am sick tired of Kevin Ollie and bad coaching during games. We had no business losing this game. Christian Vital is brutal and cost us the game. This 2016 recruiting class is not impressing me in the slightest.

Yes, I really feel Gilbert and Larrier have both regressed...a LOT. And Durham doesn't show any mobility and isn't sharp enough skill-wise compared to other guys of his supposed caliber. It's shameful really.

Reaction Score
The play of the game was the foul on the Tulsa player underneath Tulsa's basket after a Tulsa miss. Brimah fell down by himself. Tulsa player got the foul. 1 and 1 to Brimah. Misses the front end, they give up a 3 pointer down the other end.

If UConn runs clock there they take it under a minute.
I think an important play, if not the most important play, was the block by Brimah, his recovery of the block and then his subsequent, poor, downcourt pass to an open, unobstructed Purvis which was intercepted. The play should have resulted in a nine-point UConn lead. The interception snuffed out our momentum and lead to a long period of offensive stagnation.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
What are you talking about?

CV took the ball all the way up the court and then tried to pass it to Rodney and it was easily stolen.

That's on Ollie. Adams has the ball is his hands all game, all season and on two critical possessions he had CV a freshman and Rodney, quite possibly the lowest hoops IQ player we've ever had take the ball up court.
I didn't hear the crowd cheer when Vital made that pass. Everyone including the snack bar people were in shock. It boils down to this. Freshman, Right now I feel bad for this kid. Ollie needs to snap him out of it or will carry over for the next two games at least. This kids confidence is broken. There are a few other events that cost us this loss.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think an important play, if not the most important play, was the block by Brimah, his recovery of the block and then his subsequent, poor, downcourt pass to an open, unobstructed Purvis which was intercepted. The play should have resulted in a nine-point UConn lead. The interception snuffed out our momentum and lead to a long period of offensive stagnation.
The game was filled with momentum stoppers like that play. This is not UConn's season for whatever reason. I'm thinking along the lines of @superjohn that the season is jinxed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How about Kevin Ollie take some responsibility and get mad during a press conference. We don't need anymore Ollieisms and nonsense apologists telling us everything is fine. I see a lack of confidence and toughness from all but 2 of our players. I see guards and wings other than Adams who don't know how to do 1 solid thing in the game. I see every game being a struggle to win despite the talent we have. These type of occurrences are becoming way too routine at UCONN and its not acceptable. ....The injuries are not an excuse for this loss. Relying on the ref to win nailbiter games against mediocre teams is where we are now. Jackson needs to slim down 10 pounds and jack up 100 shots a day to improve.

Actually, we have a decided lack of talent right now. The majority is on the shelf (AG/TL and essentially Durham).

Vital and Jackson are freshman man. They weren't even expected to be ready-made freshman either. Expecting them to do anything is foolhardy at best.

And who would you rather play besides Vital? Where is this mystery stud?

Reaction Score
At the end of the of day, all these games are just experience for the freshman that could benefit them in the AAC tournament and next year. We're not getting an at large bid so no use making a big deal out of these games.

If they're still playing like this in the AAC tournament then I'll be concerned because the freshman excuse doesn't really work anymore

Reaction Score
The NBA is garbage, watch Lebron get handed another title like he was handed the game the other day against GS.

Reaction Score
Anyone who says it was definitely off anyone is lying. Tough call either way from what I saw and the call on the court was tough to reverse no matter which way it went, that was the problem.
Ya I'm lying LOL

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am sick tired of Kevin Ollie and bad coaching during games. We had no business losing this game. Christian Vital is brutal and cost us the game. This 2016 recruiting class is not impressing me in the slightest.
please, oh coaching wizard, what would you have done differently and who would you have played?
CV threw a bad pass - not the end of the world
I am most displeased with SE and VJ - both of their overall games were pathetic
Again these were not the kids expected to play 30 minutes and produce right away - only AG and Larrier

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What are you talking about?

CV took the ball all the way up the court and then tried to pass it to Rodney and it was easily stolen.

That's on Ollie. Adams has the ball is his hands all game, all season and on two critical possessions he had CV a freshman and Rodney, quite possibly the lowest hoops IQ player we've ever had take the ball up court.

Adams was double teamed and couldn't get the ball so OK lets have AB or KF bring the ball up
Wake up

Reaction Score
They could have correctly called a foul at the other end on the make - and UConn may have been down one and never would have gotten that look.
I did see Brimah body slam that kid trying to block on the make, it could have been an 'and 1'. Sure Adams got fouled but so did that Tulsa kid.

Late game reffin is so hard to criticize, because they usually seem to want the players to decide their fate.

Reaction Score
Our talent sucks this year. Our big guys are pathetic. We can't win without good guards which we only have one this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How about Kevin Ollie take some responsibility and get mad during a press conference. We don't need anymore Ollieisms and nonsense apologists telling us everything is fine. I see a lack of confidence and toughness from all but 2 of our players. I see guards and wings other than Adams who don't know how to do 1 solid thing in the game. I see every game being a struggle to win despite the talent we have. These type of occurrences are becoming way too routine at UCONN and its not acceptable. Think about the teams that Tulsa has lost to and we just lost to them without Shaq Harrison and Woodard. The lack of discipline on many plays and especially during critical moments is a huge problem. At some point you have to take responsibility for this type of mess that we are showing on the court. The injuries are not an excuse for this loss. Relying on the ref to win nailbiter games against mediocre teams is where we are now. Jackson needs to slim down 10 pounds and jack up 100 shots a day to improve.
If you don't think KO is taking responsibility and is not happy then you live in another world
A game like this brings out all the KO bashers like you and the ones who like your posts
If you can't see whats going on and place it in a rational bin then theres no hope for you and your type
I've been season ticket holder since 1965 and can tell you I am not happy but I've seen worse from a few more UConn teams that were fully healthy and senior laden
This team as is are not what UConn had at the start of the season and, yes, they lost those 2 stupid games at the start, but if AG and Larrier were available, this game and a few of the others are wins
You can't pull a rabbit out of a hat
You see guards and wings do not 1 solid thing all game??? You are plain crazy
Lack of confidence comes from lack of experience and/or lack of talent

Reaction Score
I don't care what people say but even down to 8 players we shouldn't be losing to this Tulsa team! If KO has another bad year he will be fired.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I didn't hear the crowd cheer when Vital made that pass. Everyone including the snack bar people were in shock. It boils down to this. Freshman, Right now I feel bad for this kid. Ollie needs to snap him out of it or will carry over for the next two games at least. This kids confidence is broken. There are a few other events that cost us this loss.
Right on with CV - was he clutch at MSG and was a hero?
If Brimah or KF hits free throws at the end of regulation - game over

Reaction Score
Right on with CV - was he clutch at MSG and was a hero?
If Brimah or KF hits free throws at the end of regulation - game over
You mean those clutch seniors? Ugh!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom