SI Top Transfers (try not to laugh) | The Boneyard

SI Top Transfers (try not to laugh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At first I thought there was a disclaimer as to why Purvis wasn't on this list, but then I kept scrolling down and there he was at number 24 (this is real). They project 9.9 ppg for him this year. Apparently Savon Goodman who averaged a whopping 3.5 ppg as a sophomore for UNLV will be a better player (hes 16th). Heck who could forget Trey Ziegler and his 4 ppg for those dominant Pitt offenses? He's better too (18th).

This list is by Luke Winn who I thought was pretty good, but this is shameful.

Link: http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/10/16/top-scoring-transfers-sheldon-mclellan-jalen-jones

Reaction Score
Seems the methodology is highly statistical, the ranking is based entirely on PPG, and the projected minutes/rotation plays a big part in it. If you think our backcourt is going to be great but also very deep, then it's entirely possible Purvis only puts up 10ppg in modest minutes. Between Samuel, Cassell, Purvis, Calhoun, and Hamilton there are a lot of mouths to feed at the 2/3. I'd say he's more likely to finish in the 12-15 range, but I don't think it's egregious.

There's just a lot of transfers with an easier/more obvious road to points.

Reaction Score
wow Luke WTF........Even this Carlino love affair. I mean c'mon nice player, shot a lot at BYU but better than Rodney Purvis? You need to get your license to write about college basketball taken away to have this order of transfers published! LOL

Reaction Score
wow Luke WTF...Even this Carlino love affair. I mean c'mon nice player, shot a lot at BYU but better than Rodney Purvis? You need to get your license to write about college basketball taken away to have this order of transfers published! LOL

They're ranked according to scoring, not who's a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom