SI Drummond article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SI Drummond article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Byron Scott compared Drummond with “a more athletic Moses Malone”

That is a hellava proclamation! And Scott is qualified to make such a statement.

I think we discussed this comparison a month or so ago.

Moses' heart and ethic and Daryl Dawkins' athleticism.

Reaction Score
NBA.com has him at 111 offensive post up possessions in 19 games with a FG% of 39.6.

For comparison, J Okafor is at 45%, Al Jefferson at 44% and Brook Lopez at 48%.

So he isn't great at it yet, but even with a slow start he has bounced back nicely in the post so far. His hook shot is probably close to 50% over the last month.

Fair enough... I do not see him that often so I'm not the best judge. He just looks so raw and rudimentary in the post. I wasn't trying to bash him; if anything, it is amazing how productive he is considering that he isn't even close to his ceiling. I just still see an athlete far before a "skilled" basketball player.

caw

Reaction Score
Fair enough... I do not see him that often so I'm not the best judge. He just looks so raw and rudimentary in the post. I wasn't trying to bash him; if anything, it is amazing how productive he is considering that he isn't even close to his ceiling. I just still see an athlete far before a "skilled" basketball player.

He is far from skilled. I wasn't really disagreeing, just updating, as you noted the article was almost a month old.

He has a right hook which is solid, a slightly worse left hook. Sometimes he uses a counter, but irs not polished at all. Other than that, he has a solid face up/driving game he rarely uses. His jumpshot is pretty horrid. He has made strides with his post game but it's still very basic (effective, but basic). He's not the other Okafor, or Al Jefferson.

Reaction Score
He is far from skilled. I wasn't really disagreeing, just updating, as you noted the article was almost a month old.

He has a right hook which is solid, a slightly worse left hook. Sometimes he uses a counter, but irs not polished at all. Other than that, he has a solid face up/driving game he rarely uses. His jumpshot is pretty horrid. He has made strides with his post game but it's still very basic (effective, but basic). He's not the other Okafor, or Al Jefferson.
But they both wish they were him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky