SI Drummond article | The Boneyard

SI Drummond article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was a thread about McHale a while back. He's now out of work. I'm not sure if McHale could help Andre. I'm not sure if Andre needs any help. But it would be cool to add some of Kevin's moves to Drummond's game. They both have fun personalities as well.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Golden State was high on Andre. Granted Barnes is a huge part of their system, but if they took Drummond with the 8th pick and flipped Bogut for a shooter is it possible the Warriors could have been even better?

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Golden State was high on Andre. Granted Barnes is a huge part of their system, but if they took Drummond with the 8th pick and flipped Bogut for a shooter is it possible the Warriors could have been even better?

Drummond wouldn't be as effective there because there aren't enough missed shots for him to rebound.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
When all is said and done, Drummond might end up being the most successful NBA player to come out of UConn.

Reaction Score
David Borges ‏@DaveBorges 6 Aug 2014
What's wrong with the NBA? You can have unreal athleticism but absolutely zero skills and be a rising young star.

this tweet should live in infamy a la chiefs drummond lies

Drummond is a freak of nature athletically. But other than outstanding ballhandling for a man his size, does he have "skills"? I recently read an article that states he's shooting 26% on post ups this year (down from 38% last year) and most of his scoring is off of pick and rolls and put backs. There is skill in this but this more due to athleticism. Granted this article is almost a month old but there is some telling stuff there. He is still incredibly raw as a basketball player and I'm not so sure I can call him "skillful." An amazing athletic talent, absolutely.

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/2015/11/andre-drummond-post-up-play-pistons/

Reaction Score
Drummond is a freak of nature athletically. But other than outstanding ballhandling for a man his size, does he have "skills"? I recently read an article that states he's shooting 26% on post ups this year (down from 38% last year) and most of his scoring is off of pick and rolls and put backs. There is skill in this but this more due to athleticism. Granted this article is almost a month old but there is some telling stuff there. He is still incredibly raw as a basketball player and I'm not so sure I can call him "skillful." An amazing athletic talent, absolutely.

Yes being one of the greatest rebounders in the nba history is considered a skill. as is putting up 17 and 17 every game

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes being one of the greatest rebounders in the nba history is considered a skill. as is putting up 17 and 17 every game
Rodman never learned to shoot and he's in the HOF. AD is a good dude on his way to becoming a great player. I glad he was drafted by a team that had a plan for his development.

Reaction Score

true... should have said offensive skills.

Reaction Score

Perhaps youd prefer someone like Jalil okafor?:p

Reaction Score

Does he have skills? He's by far the best rebounder in the NBA and you're asking if he has skills. I actually watch a lot of his games and he's absolutely improved offensively, far from a finished product but he's improving.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Does he have skills? He's by far the best rebounder in the NBA and you're asking if he has skills. I actually watch a lot of his games and he's absolutely improved offensively, far from a finished product but he's improving.

And the kid just turned 22 about three months ago.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
At least the Deandre Jordan is better than Drummond arguments of last season are completely dead.

caw

Reaction Score

NBA.com has him at 111 offensive post up possessions in 19 games with a FG% of 39.6.

For comparison, J Okafor is at 45%, Al Jefferson at 44% and Brook Lopez at 48%.

So he isn't great at it yet, but even with a slow start he has bounced back nicely in the post so far. His hook shot is probably close to 50% over the last month.

Reaction Score
Rodman never learned to shoot and he's in the HOF. AD is a good dude on his way to becoming a great player. I glad he was drafted by a team that had a plan for his development.
That isn't true. Earlier in in his career Rodman was a decent scorer.
Drummond has all the tools to be great and we only saw the 18 year old version of Andre at UConn. A few more lunches with Chief will accelerate his development.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Decent scorer doesn't mean good shooter. Isn't Drummond a decent scorer?

Reaction Score
Can the NBA quit piling on the joke they are with this allowance the "Hack the crappy shooter" stuff? What a complete farce allowing teams to intentionally foul off the play just because a guy is crappy shooter? I mean it's 2 and get the ball back then they will do it less and quit making a mockery of the game of basketball. I get it, these guys suck at the FT line and shame on them, doesn't give you a right to tackle them for 2 shots does it?

JOKE

Reaction Score
Can the NBA quit piling on the joke they are with this allowance the "Hack the crappy shooter" stuff? What a complete farce allowing teams to intentionally foul off the play just because a guy is crappy shooter? I mean it's 2 and get the ball back then they will do it less and quit making a mockery of the game of basketball. I get it, these guys suck at the FT line and shame on them, doesn't give you a right to tackle them for 2 shots does it?

JOKE
he did hit 2 clutch FT's to send the game into overtime last night, but he still shot like 6-15, his form is so bad, I don't understand why he doesn't change it since it obviously isn't yielding the results he wants

Reaction Score
Jordan was 12-34 the other night for the Clippers - really? Who wants to pay to watch that BS?

Reaction Score

JOKE

seriously? Its the rules of the game that have been that way, I don't think its unreasonable to expect a dozen guys around the league to get 20% better at shooting free throws to avoid this problem

MY B missing "JOKE" but a pretty useless joke if you ask me

Reaction Score
seriously? Its the rules of the game that have been that way, I don't think its unreasonable to expect a dozen guys around the league to get 20% better at shooting free throws to avoid this problem

Not the point, to walk up to a guy and grab him away from the ball is NOT the rules of the game. If they are getting fouled in the context of the game itself great but the obvious running into/tackling guys away from the ball is ridiculous and needs to have attached consequences. 2 shots and the ball. Easy- it's the way it would be in the college game and should be anywhere.

Reaction Score

MY B missing "JOKE" but a pretty useless joke if you ask me

Not joking, the rules are a joke. Not useless just a circus if allowed, not basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom