Shout Out To The Student Section! | The Boneyard

Shout Out To The Student Section!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
What were some of the chants the band was yelling? I was in section 5 (basically directly across from them) and we couldn't make them out. It was a bigger turnout than I expected, both student and non-student. There were a couple of spots in the game where if the opponent had been bigger or if the game would have been closer, the place would have gotten up. But, its early November and it was a 15 point lead vs. Sacred Heart.

Reaction Score
I don’t know the logistics of this but I think it’s be a great idea to, let’s say 10 mins before tip, allow students to “just swipe” AKA get any seat in the house for free. At least fill the seats it’s not gonna change the overall profit that much if it’s 10-15 mins before tip. For instance this Wednesday looks like there’s a lot of tickets left. So before the game just try and pack as many students into the game as you can. I’ve never understood why a student wouldn’t go to a football or basketball game if your team is at least decent.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I don’t know the logistics of this but I think it’s be a great idea to, let’s say 10 mins before tip, allow students to “just swipe” AKA get any seat in the house for free. At least fill the seats it’s not gonna change the overall profit that much if it’s 10-15 mins before tip. For instance this Wednesday looks like there’s a lot of tickets left. So before the game just try and pack as many students into the game as you can. I’ve never understood why a student wouldn’t go to a football or basketball game if your team is at least decent.

Interesting idea. Idk about 10 minutes before tip off since people who bought tickets are still arriving at that time. But doing the student swipe thing at the 10 min mark of the first half would make more sense. At least they would see 75% of the game at no charge. Someone should pitch this to the athletic department.

Reaction Score
Gampel is about to be crazy for the Florida game. I'm a student and I know a ton of kids tailgating/pregaming for it and coming out (a lot of Greek life too). HYPED.

Super excited for that atmosphere, and happy for the upper classmen students who have been there a few years and haven't experienced a big game at gampel. If the game is competitive it could be an all time great atmosphere at gampel

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Gampel is about to be crazy for the Florida game. I'm a student and I know a ton of kids tailgating/pregaming for it and coming out (a lot of Greek life too). HYPED.
Music to my ears.

Reaction Score
I think that game is on BSPN uggh! I wonder how many picture interruptions or how many overtimes the game before it goes to ruin the watching experience.

Reaction Score
Question for current students: How does admission work under the new students-get-in-free regime? Please tell me it involves camping out!

Reaction Score
Students get in for no charge now...
I know the point was outside of the student section. Let them have the open seats that haven’t been purchased for free just to fill up the arena

Reaction Score
You know the people arriving late and finding students in their seats who then have to move is going to cause a few kerfuffles. Maybe they just don't want to deal with that.

Reaction Score
The issue is that the Seats are Bought and Paid for, now in fact, with the added expense of a Seat Donation. Someone who arrives late due to Work or Home Conflicts deserves to arrive at their seat with no confrontation. Maybe if the Athletic Department can announce prior to ticket purchase that after Half Time, all empty seats will be filled???

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If they are already pregaming for the Florida, my guess is they won't make it inside. These young kids don't know how to pace themselves. ;)

Reaction Score
The issue is that the Seats are Bought and Paid for, now in fact, with the added expense of a Seat Donation. Someone who arrives late due to Work or Home Conflicts deserves to arrive at their seat with no confrontation. Maybe if the Athletic Department can announce prior to ticket purchase that after Half Time, all empty seats will be filled???
You know the people arriving late and finding students in their seats who then have to move is going to cause a few kerfuffles. Maybe they just don't want to deal with that.
No I meant seats that have not been purchased, they give those away to students. Obviously it wouldn’t work if you’re just letting them sit anywhere. But I meant if the seat had not been sold yet, 10 minutes prior to the game is when you allow students to “purchase” that seat for free. I was only stating this because the St. Joes game looks pretty empty and I bet students would like to use the unsold seats to watch the game.

Reaction Score
No I meant seats that have not been purchased, they give those away to students. Obviously it wouldn’t work if you’re just letting them sit anywhere. But I meant if the seat had not been sold yet, 10 minutes prior to the game is when you allow students to “purchase” that seat for free. I was only stating this because the St. Joes game looks pretty empty and I bet students would like to use the unsold seats to watch the game.

IDK if this will change with tickets being free, but in the past these types of games would have lots of no show students too, so I don't know if the demand is there. But if the free student tickets lead to full student sections every night than thats definitely a good idea if they can pull it off logistically.

Reaction Score
what is the band doing/saying after the second free throw?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For the Florida game students are being told to get tickets in advance (still for free) because of the high demand.

I’m sure for Wednesday night vs St Joe’s you can get in by swiping your id

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Sure. But we've had a lot of season ticket holders be no shows, going back a long long time. It looks like crap on TV. UConn really needs an app that lets those folks release the tickets to students if they aren't going to make it. So that the lower seats are always full.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom