Should seniors get another year of eligibility? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Should seniors get another year of eligibility?

Reaction Score

I apologize for this article because of all it's links and ads...but I am using MSN as my home page and only use this browser to access The Boneyard...
I know the concept fights an uphill battle. Still clinging to some hope for those seniors who would welcome the opportunity one final season, assuming that our world returns to normal by the fall and on campus college studies and activities return across our country.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I know the concept fights an uphill battle. Still clinging to some hope for those seniors who would welcome the opportunity one final season, assuming that our world returns to normal by the fall and on campus college studies and activities return across our country.
As others have stated, those seniors played their final season. Some didn't get to play in a postseason conference tournament and all (well 64 teams) didn't get to play in the Big Dance. Oh well, that is life and there is a lot more to it than college basketball. But this is not a new or original thought, just the proverbial beating a dead horse.
My college career was stopped by something called Vietnam and I survived that minor setback.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As others have stated, those seniors played their final season. Some didn't get to play in a postseason conference tournament and all (well 64 teams) didn't get to play in the Big Dance. Oh well, that is life and there is a lot more to it than college basketball. But this is not a new or original thought, just the proverbial beating a dead horse.
My college career was stopped by something called Vietnam and I survived that minor setback.
I’m sure you weren’t particularly pleased with all the folks who received college deferments during that time.

Reaction Score
Center, thank you for your service. I am so glad you made it back as I am for my high school classmates.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I’m sure you weren’t particularly pleased with all the folks who received college deferments during that time.
I had no problem with that but at the time was naive. I just believed that if a deferment was granted, it was the right thing for that person. I also felt that if a person got a deferment then that was one less family that would most likely not experience a loss due to the war.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Center, thank you for your service. I am so glad you made it back as I am for my high school classmates.
Thanks Rixxx. My college experience was stopped but I had also learned a couple of things. I enlisted in the Navy before I got my draft notice (I would have been drafted due to my lottery number) and joined the submarine service, got good Naval Training and most importantly, avoided the actual battlefield.

Reaction Score
Centerstream---- Yes I can understand your position. I joined the Army, because I couldn't stand the uncertainty of not knowing my future. Instead, I decided to choose my own future rather than wait in limbo for someone to make it for me. That was my choice, so why should I object to those that got deferments for legit reasons. I also always had a lot of respect for true consciences objectors, although I also personally knew some that were fake as a three dollar bill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom