Should Geno keep his mask on more ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should Geno keep his mask on more ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Masks are somewhere between 10% effective for cheap disposable masks up to 50%, or more, effective for N95 masks. Having said that why not wear the damn mask and get every advantage possible. Something else to consider, even after you are fully vaccinated all that means is your body will fight off the virus. That doesn't mean you can't be spewing virus as you body fights it off while preventing infection. Even after vaccination we should consider continuing wearing the mask for the those not yet vaccinated.

Reaction Score
I dont think the neck gaither does Geno any favors. For football coaches I can see it as it keeps you warm and your using signals for plays as it is. Neck Gaither your sweating and have to constantly pull it down as opposed to a disposable mask which I think would be way more effective for indoor sports, as you can pull on the mask.

Reaction Score
I'm for wearing masks but this bench area mask thing is a waste of time. What's the purpose? Auriemma 1) Stands up, pulls down mask, screams, yells, spews droplets everywhere, and pulls mask back up. 2) Calls timeout, pulls mask down, joins seated huddle, talks in their faces for 2-3 minutes, pulls mask back up. Why bother? What am I missing?
He should be wearing it the whole time, particularly when he's yelling, and when close talking with the players. I'm Geno's age and I'm a bit surprised he's not being more careful for his own sake too.

Reaction Score
link?
Read it in today's Meriden Record-Journal in the "notes" section of the game article. Can't get the link without a subscription, but I know I wasn't hallucinating when I saw it!

Reaction Score
The type of mask they are wearing protects the user less than 20%. But if someone is infected and asymptomatic, wearing that kind of mask can protect others close to 80% of the time. Masks also reduce the severity of the disease if you do become infected by filtering much of the viral load.

Taking the mask off at any time when indoors defeats the effects of using a mask at all. Everything I've seen so far in the first 3 games (except for the player using a mask on the court) is bad public messaging.

Reaction Score
If wearing mask stopped the virus no one would be getting it. But we are. We will. Just like all the different strains of influenza. It's not a matter of if, but when.

that’s beyond silly. By the same logic, if going to a doctor helped your health, then no one would ever die. If wearing a mask is only 50% or 75% effective, that doesn’t mean no one should wear one.

Reaction Score
I'm asking why should he?
To be politically correct?
Everyone's been tested.
Everyone's been together without em.
All the players are bumping together, sweating, huffing and puffing on each other. They go to the sideline somewhat oxygen deprived and put on a mask to restrict their breathing!

Guess I'm just one of those hillbillies that marvel how really smart people don't seem to have much in the way of common sense at times.

If wearing mask stopped the virus no one would be getting it. But we are. We will. Just like all the different strains of influenza. It's not a matter of if, but when.

Just Say-N

The team we just played on Tuesday, Seton Hall, just paused all basketball activities due to a positive Covid test. We're not pausing because the individual did not have "substantial" contact with UConn personnel. But it is out there, and can infect anyone.

This state has just three of 169 towns and cities that aren't classified as "Covid red zones." Connecticut's last seven days have shown an infection rate per population that is 18th highest in the nation. We're in the upper half of states in the rate of hospitalization from the disease. And our infection rate is still rising. Add to that the fact that we only have about 11,000 doses of the vaccine delivered, well below what we were promised. And that's for 3.6 million people. It will be many months before we can all be safely vaccinated.

Anyone who still thinks this is just like the flu, or is nothing serious, needs to have his head examined.

Hell yes Coach Geno and his staff should keep their masks on! No question.

Reaction Score
Guess I'm just one of those hillbillies that marvel how really smart people don't seem to have much in the way of common sense at times.
No attack here Majic Hands just a different point of view. Is wearing a mask to show concern for fellow humans really that difficult? Love me some hillbillies that have more common sense than proven medical science.
Recently lost a neighbor that felt the same way. An astute business man, denial and what he considered common sense did not work.

Reaction Score
If you r gonna talk the talk ya better walk the walk otherwise rules don’t apply to you. No way they get through January without another pause shiite probably not even December.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, it's none of your business.
Is there nothing that someone isn't looking to criticize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom