Should Geno keep his mask on more ? | The Boneyard

Should Geno keep his mask on more ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With his team and program, I would think they are virtually in a bubble. But as it pertains to anyone outside that bubble, yes, yes, yes. So, in the heat of a game on the sidelines, who is he coming into contact with outside the UConn bubble: referees, scorekeepers, players, coaches, etc from the other team, person who sweeps the sweat off the floor. Long story short: yes!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes but only because he looks great. :)

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Seems to take it off when he should have it on, and have it on when he could take it off. I'm not sure how "bubbled" he and the team are though. I do think about the possible downstream effect on Geno's mom.
C'mon vaccine!!

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I'm asking why should he?
To be politically correct?
Everyone's been tested.
Everyone's been together without em.
All the players are bumping together, sweating, huffing and puffing on each other. They go to the sideline somewhat oxygen deprived and put on a mask to restrict their breathing!

Guess I'm just one of those hillbillies that marvel how really smart people don't seem to have much in the way of common sense at times.

If wearing mask stopped the virus no one would be getting it. But we are. We will. Just like all the different strains of influenza. It's not a matter of if, but when.

Just Say-N

Reaction Score
I'm for wearing masks but this bench area mask thing is a waste of time. What's the purpose? Auriemma 1) Stands up, pulls down mask, screams, yells, spews droplets everywhere, and pulls mask back up. 2) Calls timeout, pulls mask down, joins seated huddle, talks in their faces for 2-3 minutes, pulls mask back up. Why bother? What am I missing?

Reaction Score
Everyone's been tested.
All the players are bumping together, sweating, huffing and puffing on each other. They go to the sideline somewhat oxygen deprived and put on a mask to restrict their breathing!

Guess I'm just one of those hillbillies that marvel how really smart people don't seem to have much in the way of common sense at times.

If wearing mask stopped the virus no one would be getting it. But we are. We will. Just like all the different strains of influenza. It's not a matter of if, but when.

Just Say-N
The officials aren’t in the bubble (including scorekeepers, etc., not just refs), plus I feel no oxygen deprivation when I wear a mask (myth).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Depends on what hat he wears.

1608328496709.png

Reaction Score

Yes, because there has been 100% compliance with mask wearing. :(

And since this is a community-wide health issue, even at least than 100% effectiveness, masks can work to reduce, if not eliminate the virus from the community.

Reaction Score
I read a report that the official of last night's game who didn't return for the 2nd half was notified at intermission of some kind of connection to a Covid positive person. Given that, mask on!

Reaction Score
Everyone's been tested.

Just Say-N

Not a hillbilly story but a common sense by common people one. My maternal grandmother was an uneducated (formally) immigrant from Ireland. My senior year of high school I burned my index finger quite badly three days before a state semi-final game. The doctor gave me a salve, told me to apply it and keep it wrapped to avoid infection. He added I had no chance of playing: a combination of pain and the increased risk of infection. Upon coming home from the appointment my nanny called the doctor “a horses ass“ (her favorite expression) told me to throw the salve away and forget the bandages. She then asked me if I ever heard the phrase “lick your wounds” and told me to suck my finger continuously and it would be healed enough to play. Needless to say she was right.

Reaction Score
I read a report that the official of last night's game who didn't return for the 2nd half was notified at intermission of some kind of connection to a Covid positive person. Given that, mask on!

link?

Reaction Score
Yes. Especially if it is part of the Big East protocol. Plus, it is out of respect. You are saying, I am masking up because I care about my health. If other jokers don't want to mask up. That is on them. But for me, showing that I have certain level of respect, I am masking up out of respect. So, I am in the camp of yes. Mask up.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
link?
The postgame article in today’s Hartford Courant noted that 1 of the 3 officials who started the game yesterday, was removed during the game due to “potential exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.” The fact that only 2 officials ended up refereeing the game, was also noted by the announcers during the game without explaining why.

Reaction Score
Everyone's been tested.

Just Say-N

Everyone would have to wear a mask all the time when out in public. I went to McDonald's, and three adults were in there without masks on. That's why people are dying; we have people who don't care about others.

Reaction Score
IMO these coaches should act more like role models and keep their masks on. Here in Phoenix the ASU coaches (Charli Turner-Thorne, Herm Edwards, etc.) run radio ads asking people to wear masks. But CTT takes hers off to yell on TV. Doesn’t resonate as sincere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom