Should Dham have a green light? | The Boneyard

Should Dham have a green light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking he shouldn't be allowed to shoot threes unless he's wide open.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking he shouldn't be allowed to shoot threes unless he's wide open.
I'd like him to never take one in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock for sure. I'd really like him to figure out a way to make a decent percentage of the good 2 point shots he gets within 6 feet of the basket. At the rate he's making those right now, he might as well shoot all 3's.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he should have to play within himself and the offense, or let him sit until he figures it out

silly lazy mental lapses are killing us, it only takes a couple to swing a close game, and I think he has more of them than anyone

he's so damn talented, he knows how to play and he brings a lot of effort, then he zones out for 2 or 3 plays a game

if we stop with the silly mistakes, we win all these close games we lost recently

Reaction Score
His mid range shot is very good when he penetrates and pulls up or passes to Amida. He takes too many 3's IMO.

Reaction Score
He brings so much to the table overall with his rebounding and playmaking but he's the lowest % shooter in the rotation. He continues to take too many shots, 2-11 again yesterday, and too many bad shots. This team would benefit greatly from reallocating some of these shots to Miller and others.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed that Hamilton has almost completely removed the spin move to the free throw line into a pull up jumper from his offensive arsenal since he has entered this slump? It's definitely helped increase his overall FG% ever so slightly but when he squares up and done in the right situations it was very effective part of his game. As a result I think he has increased his attempts from beyond the arc.

Reaction Score
He's shooting 37%, I think it's pretty clear he has no clue what a good shot is.

Reaction Score
He's shooting 37%, I think it's pretty clear he has no clue what a good shot is.

I don't think it's a matter of shot selection so much as it is he's not very good at any singular aspect of shooting. His mid-range game isn't there yet, he isn't reliable from three, and most importantly, he's terrible at finishing at the rim. There really aren't very many good shots available when you aren't a good shooter, and the problem is exacerbated by the fact that he's often asked to create something out of nothing late in the shot clock.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a matter of shot selection so much as it is he's not very good at any singular aspect of shooting. His mid-range game isn't there yet, he isn't reliable from three, and most importantly, he's terrible at finishing at the rim. There really aren't very many good shots available when you aren't a good shooter, and the problem is exacerbated by the fact that he's often asked to create something out of nothing late in the shot clock.
I think he's a decent shooter when he's squared up, he's almost never squared up though.

Reaction Score
I think he's a decent shooter when he's squared up, he's almost never squared up though.
So then what's with the head fakes, if not trying to get squared up? There's got to be a reason for this 'habit'.

Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed that Hamilton has almost completely removed the spin move to the free throw line into a pull up jumper from his offensive arsenal since he has entered this slump? It's definitely helped increase his overall FG% ever so slightly but when he squares up and done in the right situations it was very effective part of his game. As a result I think he has increased his attempts from beyond the arc.

This is a pretty solid observation. I believe its helped his game. A fast defense will take advantage of that slow spin move.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
So then what's with the head fakes, if not trying to get squared up? There's got to be a reason for this 'habit'.
...and a bad fake it is. He has the shot. Stop with the gyrations. In addition I see him penetrate only to give up a clear layup and kick it outside or loft it to Brimah.The only reason is for show imo, You got the shot take it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
...and a bad fake it is. He has the shot. Stop with the gyrations. In addition I see him penetrate only to give up a clear layup and kick it outside or loft it to Brimah.The only reason is for show imo, You got the shot take it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Time for him to have the ball a little less and play a bit more like a regular wing. Let Adams help him get free and maybe even play more inside a bit because he can offensive rebound if he's thinking rebound.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He needs a gym this summer so he can be strong inside and get to the basket easier at his size. He would greatly benefit from developing a post game.

Reaction Score
Q. Should Dham have a green light?

A. Yes.

Guessing he's under 30% for most of the AAC season so I guess you don't want to keep your HC job huh Pal? lol

I would give him the "yellow" light, play with caution but make mistakes/bad decisions you sit as quick as Adams has.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he needs to get stronger but also not be scared of contact. You don't have to be the strongest guy on the court. We've had guys like Rip and Ray who weren't necessarily strong but they went to the hole without leaning or always falling away. When Dham drives he ends up falling left or right away from the basket. Not like a fade away jumper when you are still square to the hoop. I don't know why anyone would think his stuff has a chance. Look at the tapes he has some terrible misses. Ball being thrown hard at the backboard.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He needs a gym this summer so he can be strong inside and get to the basket easier at his size. He would greatly benefit from developing a post game.

I'd argue that he needs the gym to get quicker not so much stronger. He is just isn't very explosive for his position.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He definitely needs to improve his shot selection, but when the shot clock's under 10, which happens a lot for this offense, there really isn't anyone better with the ball in their hands outside of probably Adams at this point. Gibbs and Purvis aren't going to break anyone down one-on-one off the dribble. Obviously Miller is our best option, but teams are game planning to deny him the ball, and we're likely looking to get him the ball on every possession if we can, so if the shot clock's under 10, that means we already tried and failed to get it to him.

I think this offense needs more urgency at times; now that the shot clock's 30 seconds instead of 35, if you take your time getting it across half-court, and it takes a few seconds to get the offense set, then your first read isn't there...before you know it, the shot clock's down to 10 seconds, and you're probably going to get a bad shot off. When they're engaged and looking to get into the offense early in the shot clock, they have more success.

Reaction Score
He definitely needs to improve his shot selection, but when the shot clock's under 10, which happens a lot for this offense, there really isn't anyone better with the ball in their hands outside of probably Adams at this point. Gibbs and Purvis aren't going to break anyone down one-on-one off the dribble. Obviously Miller is our best option, but teams are game planning to deny him the ball, and we're likely looking to get him the ball on every possession if we can, so if the shot clock's under 10, that means we already tried and failed to get it to him.

I think this offense needs more urgency at times; now that the shot clock's 30 seconds instead of 35, if you take your time getting it across half-court, and it takes a few seconds to get the offense set, then your first read isn't there...before you know it, the shot clock's down to 10 seconds, and you're probably going to get a bad shot off. When they're engaged and looking to get into the offense early in the shot clock, they have more success.

Man when the clock is winding down. . . That's Gibbs time! Gibbs' me the ball!

Reaction Score
I think it would help if this coaching staff had some offensive sets he could be part of. You rarely see him moving without the ball, it's strictly iso 1 on 1. But then again that's our entire offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom