shots fired on uk campus | The Boneyard

shots fired on uk campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How is the city of Lexington still standing?

I think more than the city would be in danger. This comes from another site I frequent and was posted by a Kentucky fan, I guess from Cal's website or blog or whatever forum he uses to spread his gospel.

“A few weeks ago, a guy walks in my office and he says to me, ‘I know how you are, you just keep moving this way, you don’t look back. You don’t care about what you’ve accomplished, it’s all about what’s next.’ Is he right? Yes. He walks in and throws on my desk five pieces of paper. And on these five pieces of paper, the first page had 12 names of Anthony Davis all the way to Julius and James, of 12 players who are on their first contract in the NBA, the money they made each year and the total amount. Then he gave me the 2nd sheet, which was six players who are on their 2nd contract: John Wall, $108 million; Derrick Rose, $116 million; DeMarcus Cousins, $80 million; Eric Bledsoe $70 million; Tyreke Evans $60 million; Patrick Patterson $25 million. And then he turns to the next two pages and it’s all of the other guys who have been in the league. 29 total players I’ve coached who have made it to the NBA. 29.

He turns to the last page and he says, ‘This is the number, the generated wealth, the wealth you generated for these families. It was $820 million.’ What?! That’s no shoe contracts, no endorsements, just contracts. So, can we throw in Derrick Rose’s shoe contract? So it’s now at $1 billion. When Anthony gets his 2nd contract, how much is he going to be making? He’s going to make $100 million. So we went through those 12, it’s another $500 million. And then we said, what about the guys like John Wall and Derrick and when they get a third contract because they’re so young? Within the next four years, they’re going to get another $500 million. I know, that’s another $2 b-b-b-billion. Wait a minute, what about the guys on this team? And the group I’m going to recruit, and maybe the next group? So in six years, there’s going to be $3 billion of created wealth for those families. What?! I don’t think you understand, that’s like the state of Rhode Island.

My grandparents came through Ellis Island, my parents were high school educated, my sisters and I the first college educated in our family, and I’m in the position to create billions of dollars of wealth and growth for families. And, along the way, all those kids made sure I eat. And I’m not worried about it, but there’s always more left than I can eat. And so, I’m not changing. For the next 5-7 years, I’m on a mission. I’m going to be able to walk away from this thing creating $3 billion worth of wealth for other families.

And they dragged us to all these Final Fours, national titles, all these games, they dragged us. So, you can kind of see how I’m doing this. and then when you say, where’s the swag?’ The guy threw that down on the table and it kind of changed how I see things. I’m chasing this now. And, again, has this ever been done in the history of the game? No. Can I humblebrag for a minute? In the last 13 months, $355 million were created for those families. That’s stupid. What did you do, hit the lottery five times? So, that’s why I’m feeling the way I’m feeling.”

Reaction Score
In addition to your comments, I hope Briscoe is scared shhhhhhtless
I think many of us had the same thought, but were to PC to post it. The more important point is, we hope no one got hurt. My second thought was, what Boneyarder might have ventured down there to take a few shots in the air, to try to sway Briscoe or any of the other recruits our way. There are plenty of suspect here, if you ask me! :)

Reaction Score
traitor71 said:
I think more than the city would be in danger. This comes from another site I frequent and was posted by a Kentucky fan, I guess from Cal's website or blog or whatever forum he uses to spread his gospel.

“A few weeks ago, a guy walks in my office and he says to me, ‘I know how you are, you just keep moving this way, you don’t look back. You don’t care about what you’ve accomplished, it’s all about what’s next.’ Is he right? Yes. He walks in and throws on my desk five pieces of paper. And on these five pieces of paper, the first page had 12 names of Anthony Davis all the way to Julius and James, of 12 players who are on their first contract in the NBA, the money they made each year and the total amount. Then he gave me the 2nd sheet, which was six players who are on their 2nd contract: John Wall, $108 million; Derrick Rose, $116 million; DeMarcus Cousins, $80 million; Eric Bledsoe $70 million; Tyreke Evans $60 million; Patrick Patterson $25 million. And then he turns to the next two pages and it’s all of the other guys who have been in the league. 29 total players I’ve coached who have made it to the NBA. 29.

He turns to the last page and he says, ‘This is the number, the generated wealth, the wealth you generated for these families. It was $820 million.’ What?! That’s no shoe contracts, no endorsements, just contracts. So, can we throw in Derrick Rose’s shoe contract? So it’s now at $1 billion. When Anthony gets his 2nd contract, how much is he going to be making? He’s going to make $100 million. So we went through those 12, it’s another $500 million. And then we said, what about the guys like John Wall and Derrick and when they get a third contract because they’re so young? Within the next four years, they’re going to get another $500 million. I know, that’s another $2 b-b-b-billion. Wait a minute, what about the guys on this team? And the group I’m going to recruit, and maybe the next group? So in six years, there’s going to be $3 billion of created wealth for those families. What?! I don’t think you understand, that’s like the state of Rhode Island.

My grandparents came through Ellis Island, my parents were high school educated, my sisters and I the first college educated in our family, and I’m in the position to create billions of dollars of wealth and growth for families. And, along the way, all those kids made sure I eat. And I’m not worried about it, but there’s always more left than I can eat. And so, I’m not changing. For the next 5-7 years, I’m on a mission. I’m going to be able to walk away from this thing creating $3 billion worth of wealth for other families.

And they dragged us to all these Final Fours, national titles, all these games, they dragged us. So, you can kind of see how I’m doing this. and then when you say, where’s the swag?’ The guy threw that down on the table and it kind of changed how I see things. I’m chasing this now. And, again, has this ever been done in the history of the game? No. Can I humblebrag for a minute? In the last 13 months, $355 million were created for those families. That’s stupid. What did you do, hit the lottery five times? So, that’s why I’m feeling the way I’m feeling.”

Wait, he really wrote this?

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score

It's good to see that Cal can keep it all in perspective. Without him, these guys would all be flippin burgers at minimum wage. Thank the lord Cal was there to teach em how to ball.

Reaction Score
The big deal was 4 freshmen football players with paintball guns. They were dumb enough to shoot the guns on a part of campus that has several new dorms with security cameras. When they ran they threw the guns over a fence into a construction site that also had security cameras. I believe all four were suspended for their next game against South Carolina. Stupid is as stupid does Ms. Gump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom