Shooting Analysis | The Boneyard

Shooting Analysis

Reaction Score
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else yet so I decided to do it.

UConn shot 11 for 32 for 34.38% behind the line. Overall we shot 20 for 68 for 29.41%, meaning inside the shooting was 9 for 36 or 25%. So if we shot all 68 shots at a 34.38% rate from behind the line, we would have scored 70 points plus 6 free throws for 76 total and we win the game. Geno and Chris have a few things to work on before April.

Reaction Score
UConn lacks even a single proficient outside shooter off the bench just in case the starters are having a poor shooting game................I hope that is something that will be addressed with this 2020 class.........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UConn lacks even a single proficient outside shooter off the bench just in case the starters are having a poor shooting game......I hope that is something that will be addressed with this 2020 class....
Good Lord! Do you intend to turn every single thread into your personal philosophy about the 2020 recruiting class?

Reaction Score
Post your mailing address so the UConn women team can send an apology card for losing the Baylor game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else yet so I decided to do it. UConn shot 11 for 32 for 34.38% behind the line. Overall we shot 20 for 68 for 29.41%, meaning inside the shooting was 9 for 36 or 25%. So if we shot all 68 shots at a 34.38% rate from behind the line, we would have scored 70 points plus 6 free throws for 76 total and we win the game. Geno and Chris have a few things to work on before April.
It has been posted several places. UCONN lost the game because they shot poorly. There are a number of scenarios, including yours, where better shooting would have resulted in a UCONN win. It did not happen, give Baylor credit, they won the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn lacks even a single proficient outside shooter off the bench just in case the starters are having a poor shooting game

You might want to change your choice of words:
Do you know Kyla has made the exact same number of 3 point shots as Napheesa? Kyla has hit her 3 point attempts at an 80% rate!!!
Or Batouly leads the team in FG%?
Or on a "per 40 minute" basis, Olivia is outscoring 3 of the starters?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do you know Kyla has made the exact same number of 3 point shots as Napheesa?
He won't-doesn't fit the narrative that UCONN is doomed and needs to make more offers.

Reaction Score
Good shooting is a consequence of good offense. Fundamentally sound shooters will make at least 50% of their shots if they are open shots. Good shooters do not all of a sudden go 2 or 3 for 10. My contention is that our offense did not create enough open looks. Obviously we had some but obviously, as well, not enough. I contend that the majority of our shots were contested and/or under duress. *Please everybody- give Baylor as much credit as you need to. Of course teams lose. Of course it's not easy. What does all that mean?

I'm also a huge Celtics fan. When they penetrate the defense, get into the paint, and then spot up for open shots, they shoot well and win. (I'm actually wondering if Rozier is better at that than Kyrie and I love Kyrie.) They have a deep team of talented basketball players. When they just pass the ball around the perimeter, sometimes with the ball stuck on one side of the court, therefore not forcing the defense to move, they do not shoot as well, and they are vulnerable to lose to almost anyone in the NBA. Brooklyn tomorrow is going to be tough, even at home.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Good shooting is a consequence of good offense. Fundamentally sound shooters will make at least 50% of their shots if they are open shots. Good shooters do not all of a sudden go 2 or 3 for 10. My contention is that our offense did not create enough open looks. Obviously we had some but obviously, as well, not enough. I contend that the majority of our shots were contested and/or under duress. *Please everybody- give Baylor as much credit as you need to. Of course teams lose. Of course it's not easy. What does all that mean?

I'm also a huge Celtics fan. When they penetrate the defense, get into the paint, and then spot up for open shots, they shoot well and win. (I'm actually wondering if Rozier is better at that than Kyrie and I love Kyrie.) They have a deep team of talented basketball players. When they just pass the ball around the perimeter, sometimes with the ball stuck on one side of the court, therefore not forcing the defense to move, they do not shoot as well, and they are vulnerable to lose to almost anyone in the NBA. Brooklyn tomorrow is going to be tough, even at home.
Your contentions are inaccurate and have been already corrected in a different thread. UCONN got plenty of open looks. UCONN missed shots they typically make.

Rozier better than Kyrie? Kyrie Irving? Uncle Drew?

1546787127762.png

Reaction Score
Good Lord! Do you intend to turn every single thread into your personal philosophy about the 2020 recruiting class?

Is my analysis of the current team incorrect? Can you name a single bench player who brings a outside shooting dimension to the team? Why would mentioning that this situation should be addressed be such a problem for you? Then again perhaps I shouldn't even bother to ask your opinion, as you're the b'ball expert who thinks Megan Walker is playing better basketball then Evina Westbrook so far this season..............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is my analysis of the current team incorrect? Can you name a single bench player who brings a outside shooting dimension to the team? Why would mentioning that this situation should be addressed be such a problem for you? Then again perhaps I shouldn't even bother to ask your opinion, as you're the b'ball expert who thinks Megan Walker is playing better basketball then Evina Westbrook so far this season....
Yes. It causes a problem from me because we have an entire thread to talk about 2020 recruiting. This thread was supposed to be about shooting.
Do you know Kyla has made the exact same number of 3 point shots as Napheesa? Kyla has hit her 3 point attempts at an 80% rate!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is my analysis of the current team incorrect? Can you name a single bench player who brings a outside shooting dimension to the team? Why would mentioning that this situation should be addressed be such a problem for you? Then again perhaps I shouldn't even bother to ask your opinion, as you're the b'ball expert who thinks Megan Walker is playing better basketball then Evina Westbrook so far this season....
Can you say why repeating the same thing as nauseum will change anything? We get it, already

And size, we get it with the size thing...and the bench players thing, too

Reaction Score
Preaching to the choir here, brother

I guess I'm a bit different then most here, I don't sit back and toe the company line when I see things that could and should be addressed, resting on one's laurels for too long can cause a sore you know what..........

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Post your mailing address so the UConn women team can send an apology card for losing the Baylor game.
I demand an in person visit to my home with gifts and supplications ,of course. As a Bonehead, I surely deserve that. After all , who works harder at UCONN wbb than us? Surely not the coaches and players. They do not even listen when we tell them how to play, practice, dress, act, recruit, or anything! Appalling behavior considering our esteemed , elder wisdom. ;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score

as much as I appreciate her good qualities, I'm not sure I'd consider Ms Irwin instant offense off the bench.............apparently neither does Geno............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I guess I'm a bit different then most here, I don't sit back and toe the company line when I see things that could and should be addressed, resting on one's laurels for too long can cause a sore you know what.....
I'm hoping that you don't just don't how far gone your are. You have actually commented about UCONN recruiting in, lack of bench depth and need to make more offers in several unrelated threads including the NON UCONN recruiting Thread WHICH YOU STARTED!

Reaction Score
Your contentions are inaccurate and have been already corrected in a different thread. UCONN got plenty of open looks. UCONN missed shots they typically make.

View attachment 37994

View attachment 37994
Everything seems to be personal to you. Nothing intellectual.
Can I watch Lou fire up a challenged, off-balance shot 5 feet beyond the arc and think that is a bad shot? Can I root like hell for UConn and constructively criticize things that I don't like or should I just bathe in a tub of kool aid like many on this site do?
Try to at least read the text before you. Please ignore it if you need to. Where did I say Rozier was better at Kyrie? He may be better at breaking down the opposing D and finding the open shooter. I did say that. There is significant evidence to support that. Newsflash: The Celts were on the doorstep of playing Golden State for the NBA Championship last year.
With Kyrie and Hayward back, the team is struggling. Kyrie is out again and they're playing better again. Note: Kyrie's my favorite player! I want the Celtics to be in the hunt for a championship. Right now they are not! Same with UConn women.
How about some intelligent conversation.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that you don't just don't how far gone your are. You have actually commented about UCONN recruiting in, lack of bench depth and need to make more offers in several unrelated threads including the NON UCONN recruiting Thread WHICH YOU STARTED!

I just asked you a highly germane question about UConn's current lack of shooting from the bench and you did not answer, I really don't think it's particularly galling to comment that this is a weakness that needs to be addressed in the future...........

Reaction Score

Even the right note, repeatedly played over and over and over, will eventually grate on the ears.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can I watch Lou fire up a challenged, off-balance shot 5 feet beyond the arc and think that is a bad shot? Can I root like hell for UConn and constructively criticize things that I don't like or should I just bathe in a tub of kool aid like many on this site do?
Try to at least read the text before you. Please ignore it if you need to. Where did I say Rozier was better at Kyrie? He may be better at breaking down the opposing D and finding the open shooter. I did say that. There is significant evidence to support that. Newsflash: The Celts were on the doorstep of playing Golden State for the NBA Championship last year.
With Kyrie and Hayward back, the team is struggling. Kyrie is out again and they're playing better again. Note: Kyrie's my favorite player! I want the Celtics to be in the hunt for a championship. Right now they are not! Same with UConn women.
Sure, just let me know how long you need to find someone to hold up your end of this conversation.
:D:D

Reaction Score
Even the right note, repeatedly played over and over and over, will eventually grate on the ears.

Understood...............by the way I feel the very same way sometimes.............

Reaction Score
UConn women are not in the hunt currently? Really? Think the Pats have no chance either? C's need to meld by MAY. Odds shorter, but UConn opponents still consider defeating them like a win over John Wooden.
Understood.....by the way I feel the very same way sometimes...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom