Shonn Miller | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's just an exhibition game against a D2 opponent but Miller was the best player on the court yesterday. He's a serious athlete that can guard virtually any position on the court and he has no wasted movements on offense when he is near the rim, he has a knack for being in the right place at the right time and knows how to finish. He looks to be much more than a glue guy and as Ollie has mentioned a lot of our offense will run through him. I'm not going to put unfair expectations on him but he has the look of an NBA type player.

Reaction Score
idk if he is an nba player, he is a bit short for the forward position. But i did want to note that his footwork is clearly the best on the team and elite. he looked preetty adapt at screen setting/slipping , as well as the pick n pop. Frankly he kinda looked like the anchor on both ends for the team... cant wait to see him play more defense, especially against bigger better opponents. he was legit one of the best defensive players in the country at cornell, so this shouldn't surprise us fans but it sure caught me off guard. The way he moves around the court and snatches defensive boards etc. Reminded me of a shorter milsap

dont want to make a new thread on gibbs, but he was also very impressive. our best pick n roll player and shooter i'm guessing. I love how when the defenses coverage was ice or blue, he showed off a slick crossover/change of speed with the ball. Both of these guys are studs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Their experience will prove most valuable as the season progresses and also will most likely transition into the younger guys games. Great stuff to watch

experience. so nice to have a 5th year starter whose game is polished a la lasan kromah. Makes a world of difference

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
experience. so nice to have a 5th year starter whose game is polished a la lasan kromah. Makes a world of difference

Loved Lasan, and while there's no denying that he was a pretty talented young man, his value to the team was more about hustle and effort than talent/skill.

Shonn is more like a man among boys out there. Offensively and especially on the boards, he reminds me of Ricky on defense. He anticipates everything, and knows right where he needs to be and how to get there. I hope he is a really great foul shooter, because being in the right spot ahead of your opponent tends to get you fouled a lot.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Loved Lasan, and while there's no denying that he was a pretty talented young man, his value to the team was more about hustle and effort than talent/skill.

Shonn is more like a man among boys out there. Offensively and especially on the boards, he reminds me of Ricky on defense. He anticipates everything, and knows right where he needs to be and how to get there. I hope he is a really great foul shooter, because being in the right spot ahead of your opponent tends to get you fouled a lot.

Well he shot over 80% from the FT line last year... and he just may be the best FT shooter as well on this team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Unfortunately, he only shot a touch over 83% from the FT line. Means he missed almost 17% of his free throws...hopefully he tightens up that part of his game.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, he only shot a touch over 83% from the FT line. Means he missed almost 17% of his free throws...hopefully he tightens up that part of his game.
You're joking right?

Reaction Score
Just saw the game video, thanks tcf, and though it's just an exhibition against D2 Tampa, wow! what I saw Miller do has me smiling like an idiot. He does everything that you want your 4 to do as well documented above. Only 1 year, it's a shame but I'm greedy. What a stabilizing force for our team. Picture this, in crunch time going small with Miller at the 5, DHam at 4, Rodney, Adams, and Gibbs, we have 5 guys that can handle, rebound, assist, and score- a nightmare for opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom