Shonn Miller signs to play in Germany | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller signs to play in Germany

Reaction Score
Seems a lot of our alums are signing in nice spots in good Euro leagues. Sort of weird then that Boatright and Giffey are currently without teams despite having the most success in Europe of any of our recent alums (outside Adams I guess)

Reaction Score
Played golf in RI this weekend with Jay Murphy former BC player. His kids Erik and Alex are both in Japan playing and make some nice coin. They played on the same team last year but are on different teams same league this coming year. Didn’t realize there were so many options to make good money in so many places.

Reaction Score
Played golf in RI this weekend with Jay Murphy former BC player. His kids Erik and Alex are both in Japan playing and make some nice coin. They played on the same team last year but are on different teams same league this coming year. Didn’t realize there were so many options to make good money in so many places.
Alex Murphy was on that Northeastern team that beat us in 2016. Maybe the lowest point of the KO era? Losing back to back to Wagner and Northeastern to start the year

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Seems a lot of our alums are signing in nice spots in good Euro leagues. Sort of weird then that Boatright and Giffey are currently without teams despite having the most success in Europe of any of our recent alums (outside Adams I guess)
From an article dated 7/19/22.

The 16-player EuroBasket squad:

Robin Benzing (Fortitudo Bologna)
Niels Giffey
Justus Hollatz (Rio Breogan)
David Kramer (Basketball Lowen Braunschweig)
Leon Kratzer (Telekom Baskets Bonn)
Maodo Lo (Alba Berlin)
Andreas Obst (FC Bayern Munich)
Kenneth Ogbe (EWE Baskets Oldenburg)
Dennis Schroder
Christian Sengfelder (Brose Bamberg)
Daniel Theis (Indiana Pacers)
Johannes Thiemann (Alba Berlin)
Johannes Voigtmann
Franz Wagner (Orlando Magic)
Moritz Wagner (Orlando Magic)
Jonas Wohlfarth-Bottermann (Hamburg Towers)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good for Shonn. Kid got an Ivy league education, had a really good season with the Huskies and is getting paid some $$$ to play ball overseas. We should all be so grateful to do that in our 20's before getting a "real job".

I also am grateful we are getting back to Huskies being drafted and playing in NBA rather than needing Wikipedia and Google maps to learn about where former Huskies are now playing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Giffey is playing EuroBasketball with the German team - impressive roster

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Maloney boys out on the links. I loved his game in college. I thought he'd have good career in the NBA but it didn't work out that way. @mauconnfan how's his golf game?

Reaction Score
Maloney boys out on the links. I loved his game in college. I thought he'd have good career in the NBA but it didn't work out that way. @mauconnfan how's his golf game?

LOL good time. He lives in Wakefield RI these days and I have a place only a few miles away in the summer we will be playing more. A few Platt guys as well, mostly guys I played Legion and Babe Ruth baseball with for years. Crazy enough a few Meridenites hang on South County for the summer in places of their own.

His game is solid considering he uses standard length clubs at 7' tall. He was a solid golfer growing up at Hunter back in the day with his pal Zanetto. He still hits a nice ball on occasion, think he shot 92 but 6500 yards ball down everywhere and putting them in, no gimmees. He's got some game tough course to score without a tee game.

Thought the same on his career but he did very well, living a wonderful life with a great family. His Euro stops were basically free bags. His kids have followed well in his footsteps as well.

Reaction Score
From an article dated 7/19/22.

The 16-player EuroBasket squad:

Robin Benzing (Fortitudo Bologna)
Niels Giffey
Justus Hollatz (Rio Breogan)
David Kramer (Basketball Lowen Braunschweig)
Leon Kratzer (Telekom Baskets Bonn)
Maodo Lo (Alba Berlin)
Andreas Obst (FC Bayern Munich)
Kenneth Ogbe (EWE Baskets Oldenburg)
Dennis Schroder
Christian Sengfelder (Brose Bamberg)
Daniel Theis (Indiana Pacers)
Johannes Thiemann (Alba Berlin)
Johannes Voigtmann
Franz Wagner (Orlando Magic)
Moritz Wagner (Orlando Magic)
Jonas Wohlfarth-Bottermann (Hamburg Towers)
That's the national team, not a club team. The guys without parantheses after their names are currently free agents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom