Shoni Schimmel (personal issues) taking season off | The Boneyard

Shoni Schimmel (personal issues) taking season off

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
NEW YORK -- New York Liberty guard Shoni Schimmel will take the upcoming WNBA season off to deal with "personal issues" and hopes to return next year.

The Liberty and Schimmel released a joint statement on Saturday. Schimmel, who sustained a concussion at the end of last season, missed the start of training camp last week.

[Rest of article]

I didn't see this posted. Apologies if it has and I missed it.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Probably made the announcement before she was going to get cut. May not see her on a WNBA team again.

Reaction Score
Wishing her all the best. You want this talented young lady to pull through whatever problems are holding her back.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wishing her the best. I do hope that if she has any fantasies about playing professionally that she gets serious about her fitness. Returning to camp in a year overweight and out of shape will earn her a ticket back home in a hurry.

Reaction Score
Wishing her the best. I do hope that if she has any fantasies about playing professionally that she gets serious about her fitness. Returning to camp in a year overweight and out of shape will earn her a ticket back home in a hurry.

If she could get her diet and fitness down like Maya and Skylar she could be one of the biggest stars of the league. She could have her own "shoe" like the NBA guys and get a bunch of other endorsements. She has a Native American following of several hundred thousand fans (at least).

She can be a pretty flamboyant player but I think she just needs to get on the right team.

Wish her the best. Maybe she'll come to my "Rez" and I'll get to talk to her.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Wishing her the best...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member