Shocking Big East Development | The Boneyard

Shocking Big East Development

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I also expect numerous Big East PLAYER of the week honors for her. Would not be surprised to see her Big East POY. Heck, I would not be surprised to see her make AA this year, in spite of the tremendous competition and other worthy players out there...

Reaction Score
OK so you know they have to spread it around.... They've established a Paige baseline so she probably won't get it again until she has a stat line significantly different....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
OK so you know they have to spread it around.... They've established a Paige baseline so she probably won't get it again until she has a stat line significantly different....
No they don't, if she outshines every Freshman every week then she deserves it. I'm tired of everyone gets a trophy mentality, I believe in the old Smith-Barney commercial saying, you have to earn it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No they don't, if she outshines every Freshman every week then she deserves it. I'm tired of everyone gets a trophy mentality, I believe in the old saying, you have to earn it.
I completely agree with you. I don't think that's what they will do....

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
First question -- Can you win FOW and POW
Second question -- Are there any more questions?

Reaction Score
This just in from the Big East offices...

The audio is a bit choppy so I'll transcribe.

Big East Bigcheese Rick: We're choosing freshman of the week in here. How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Chief Big East Bouncer Renault: I'm shocked! Shocked that there's voting going on in here now that Bueckers is in the league. And voting is canceled for next year too!

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure Paige is a lock for FOW. Off hand I can think of 3 other freshman who might snag the honor and all three are Paige teammates!
After I wrote my posts, I thought the same thing. I also hope that Nika, Mir, and Aaliyah have a couple breakout games each along the way that get them the award in between Paige.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Biggest surprise to me was Paige's defense. Tall with long arms means she can cover more ground than most point guards. At times, she seemed to know what the Lowell team was going to do before they did it.
Agree fully. In addition to jumping passing lanes, Paige really worked hard to move her feet and lock down her opponent all over the court, something that I didn’t see a lot of during her HS games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom