Shock Value? Lindy's Sports Has UConn at #9 | The Boneyard

Shock Value? Lindy's Sports Has UConn at #9

Reaction Score
The good news...... Lindy's Sports has Crystal Dangerfield on its five-member preseason All-American First Team in its annual college basketball magazine.

But, UConn at #9? Fighting words for the UConn faithful? "....The Huskies have plenty of talent and Geno Auriemma is back for his 35th season at the helm, but they likely won't be as dominant as in years past."

Lindy's preseason Top Ten for women's basketball in '19-'20 is as follows:

1) Oregon
2) Baylor
3) Stanford
4) Texas A&M
5) Maryland
6) Oregon State
7) South Carolina
8) Mississippi State
9) UConn
10) Louisville

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The good news. Lindy's Sports has Crystal Dangerfield on its five-member preseason All-American First Team in its annual college basketball magazine.

But, UConn at #9? Fighting words for the UConn faithful? "....The Huskies have plenty of talent and Geno Auriemma is back for his 35th season at the helm, but they likely won't be as dominant as in years past."

1) Oregon
2) Baylor
3) Stanford
4) Texas A&M
5) Maryland
6) Oregon State
7) South Carolina
8) Mississippi State
9) UConn
10) Louisville
Who did the rankings for Lindy’s? It’s a small fraternity of people that do the rankings

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well considering we really only have 1 Senior with experience, 1 Junior with experience and 2 sophomores with experience and no one else as a proven, that is a fair initial ranking. While we all feel pretty good about what Geno, CD and crew can do, we still have some things to prove we belong in the top 5. If Evina can't play, can Ania step in and be a strong player, will Aubrey prove her athleticism can help this team, can Evelyn play at P5 level? All fair questions and of course my answer is a resounding YES but it certainly sells papers to short UConn. There more travesties in life than UConn being #9. At least they smartly have Crystal Dangerfield on the 1st Team AA, they can't be that stupid. :D

Reaction Score
What is it about Texas A&M that makes all of these preseason rankings think they’re a top 5 team this year?
They have many returning, and, some solid forwards/BIGs to go with Carter. They are my pick to win their conference. If Blair can get Carter to play as a team member vs 1v1 player, then this team can be special.

Reaction Score
They have many returning, and, some solid forwards/BIGs to go with Carter. They are my pick to win their conference. If Blair can get Carter to play as a team member vs 1v1 player, then this team can be special.

That's not really saying too much, the SEC is going to be really down this year!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That's not really saying too much, the SEC is going to be really down this year!
This year? As opposed to the last few years? They had MSU and SC and that’s it. Massey has them as the bottom of the P5’s last year, even worse than the Big12 which really had just Baylor. In 2018, The SEC was 4th, just ahead of the Big10. The bloom is off that rose. Though someone should tell the committee who continue to select too many SEC teams for the tournament.

Reaction Score

After two years, is there any evidence at all that Carter can/will play as a team member?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Plum played selfish ball like Carter has played her first two and one half years but she got called out by one of her teammates and that changed. The team played much better ball after that and made it to the FF. Maybe Carter will change but she did not show much of a change this Summer.

Reaction Score
Dang! Been a long time since we have been ranked that low. Either this will motivate our girls or cause them to play at or below the ranking.

Reaction Score
Plum played selfish ball like Carter has played her first two and one half years but she got called out by one of her teammates and that changed. The team played much better ball after that and made it to the FF. Maybe Carter will change but she did not show much of a change this Summer.
I did not see Plum play much in college but I did see her play against Washington and she certainly does not play selfish ball now, she is a really good point guard. BTW, Plum’s Washington team did not make the FF, MSST beat them in the Elite Eight match.

Reaction Score
I did not see Plum play much in college but I did see her play against Washington and she certainly does not play selfish ball now, she is a really good point guard. BTW, Plum’s Washington team did not make the FF, MSST beat them in the Elite Eight match.
They made it Plum's junior year.
Interesting take, but the year she averaged the most FGA/G of her career was the year they made the FF.

Last edited:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
LOL, Texas A&M #4. They're gonna be the team I'm gonna be talking down to this year. They'll continue to live in the shadows of the REAL maroon.

Reaction Score
The good news. Lindy's Sports has Crystal Dangerfield on its five-member preseason All-American First Team in its annual college basketball magazine.

1) Oregon
2) Baylor
3) Stanford
4) Texas A&M
5) Maryland
6) Oregon State
7) South Carolina
8) Mississippi State
9) UConn
10) Louisville

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see how accurate Lindy really is...

Reaction Score

1) Oregon
2) Baylor
3) Stanford
4) Texas A&M
5) Maryland
6) Oregon State
7) South Carolina
8) Mississippi State
9) UConn
10) Louisville
This 19 team has a learning curve, no doubt. But this theme we have heard these past 3 or 4 years---same song different dance but the words are the same---Uconn is DOOMED, DOOMED. No big, no small, no in betweens. and Geno hasn't been able to recruit these past 3 years. So folks, no FF , no Championship---just like the last 3 years. Maybe one game better (and you all know which game that is)
Poor Geno born with a golden trophy in his ear (NC that is)

Reaction Score
Well considering we really only have 1 Senior with experience, 1 Junior with experience and 2 sophomores with experience and no one else as a proven, that is a fair initial ranking. While we all feel pretty good about what Geno, CD and crew can do, we still have some things to prove we belong in the top 5. If Evina can't play, can Ania step in and be a strong player, will Aubrey prove her athleticism can help this team, can Evelyn play at P5 level? All fair questions and of course my answer is a resounding YES but it certainly sells papers to short UConn. There more travesties in life than UConn being #9. At least they smartly have Crystal Dangerfield on the 1st Team AA, they can't be that stupid. :D
Good questions all!! How-some-ever, Ania played at a higher level than any of the other newbies. Touly has had 3 plus years and must know the system well. ONO and CW have played boo koo minutes of international 3 on 3 how good is that ??? We'll see. Danger is recovering from surgery will that impact her? I could go on but---when is the last time any one has had the audacity to rate Uconn under 5?? As my usual paranoia, skitzo, personality I'll predict Uconn will lose 2 maybe 3 before February. Will that put them at 9 ? I further have predicted that by April Uconn SHALL (more meaning than WILL) be FF or NC. Put that in your piggy bank.ki
Geno likes to bring the frosh along slowly--again, however, kids thrust into the fight shall do what it take--if they have confidence and talent. Aubrey, Ania, Evelyn may have to run before the learn to walk but that makes for a great team.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I love the annual tradition of outrage at bad top 10s or top 25s from outlets like Lindy's or Athlon who haven't a clue what is going on in women's college basketball.

It's a true staple of fall just like pumpkin spice and decorative gourds.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
What is it about Texas A&M that makes all of these preseason rankings think they’re a top 5 team this year?

They played (by Gary Blair's own description, I think) their best game of the season in the Sweet 16 against Notre Dame. So the last impression folks have of them is them at their very best pushing the then-defending National Champions down to the wire.

If they play like that consistently, they will be very tough to beat. However, they will be ripe for an upset in any game where Carter's shots (which often carry a very high degree of difficulty) aren't falling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom