Shock Value? Lindy's Sports Has UConn at #9

Reaction Score
Lindy's should stick to Italian Ice.

I'm partial to Luigi's Italian Ice myself. :eek:

1569364750707.png

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Eh. Lindy's doers this dance every year. Puts out an outrageous Ranking and gets lots of free publicity for being so "different".

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I love the annual tradition of outrage at bad top 10s or top 25s from outlets like Lindy's or Athlon who haven't a clue what is going on in women's college basketball.

It's a true staple of fall just like pumpkin spice and decorative gourds.
Like I said, I could see plausible thought process in their thinking. I, and many others disagree but I am not outraged.
What I would ask of you as one of my most esteemed colleagues on this board and one of 2 ND fans who I will always respect, where do you think ND should be ranked today and where do you think they will end up?
My thoughts are #15 now as #7 or an Elite 8 achievement. Given what we think she has now, MM probably should be ranked in the 20’s but she has too much gravitas to disrespect her coaching acumen by stating as much. Thoughts?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm partial to Luigi's Italian Ice myself. :eek:

View attachment 46621

I've never had Italian Ice before..... now I have to do some investigating this week in the grocery stores/streets of the Triad. I'll have to do a pass on the Lindy's..... since Im sure they dont have Duke ranked in their poll
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I love the annual tradition of outrage at bad top 10s or top 25s from outlets like Lindy's or Athlon who haven't a clue what is going on in women's college basketball.

It's a true staple of fall just like pumpkin spice and decorative gourds.

Just wait until Street and Smith. Sports Illustrated, and The Sporting News polls are released :eek::eek: My blood is already boiling in anticipation.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Like I said, I could see plausible thought process in their thinking. I, and many others disagree but I am not outraged.
What I would ask of you as one of my most esteemed colleagues on this board and one of 2 ND fans who I will always respect, where do you think ND should be ranked today and where do you think they will end up?
My thoughts are #15 now as #7 or an Elite 8 achievement. Given what we think she has now, MM probably should be ranked in the 20’s but she has too much gravitas to disrespect her coaching acumen by stating as much. Thoughts?

I don't have in-depth enough knowledge of the other teams around the country to come up with an exact number, but 20s sounds appropriate to me. I think making the Sweet 16 is a reasonable target for this Notre Dame team.

Basically everyone on the team is an unknown quantity except Sniezek and maybe Prohaska. Even with Prohaska, we didn't see if she has offensive skills because they weren't needed last year. Peoples and Brunelle are freshman and for as much as they played last year so are Gilbert and Cosgrove, essentially. Walker's coming off an injury. The only real experience in the post is Vaughn, who has only been a decent backup to this point.

So yeah, I would think somewhere in the 20s based on talent and respect for Coach McGraw's abilities but I have no idea what to expect when the games actually start. It could be ugly, especially at the start.

The one thing I have confidence in is that this group is tight-knit, so chemistry should play in ND's favor. But the roster is very thin and very inexperienced.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Just wait until Street and Smith. Sports Illustrated, and The Sporting News polls are released :eek::eek: My blood is already boiling in anticipation.
Street and Smith's has already been published.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
They made it Plum's junior year.

Interesting take, but the year she averaged the most FGA/G of her career was the year they made the FF.
I know that but during the season one of her teammates called her out because she was not including her teammates enough and after that the team came together and played much better. They made the FF.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I did not see Plum play much in college but I did see her play against Washington and she certainly does not play selfish ball now, she is a really good point guard. BTW, Plum’s Washington team did not make the FF, MSST beat them in the Elite Eight match.
They did make the FF that year, her junior year, and I know she does not play selfish ball now. I used to watch her play her first two years and it was like watching Chennedy Carter now. I wondered what her teammates were thinking. She has gotten much better, even a big improvement from last year, her rookie year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They did make the FF that year, her junior year, and I know she does not play selfish ball now. I used to watch her play her first two years and it was like watching Chennedy Carter now. I wondered what her teammates were thinking. She has gotten much better, even a big improvement from last year, her rookie year.

I honestly didn't see nearly as much of her during her Fr. and Soph years. It does strike me that she played 2 years alongside the #2 scorer in school history and 3 years alongside the #5 scorer in school history. So somehow other players were scoring plenty of points when she was an underclassman.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I honestly didn't see nearly as much of her during her Fr. and Soph years. It does strike me that she played 2 years alongside the #2 scorer in school history and 3 years alongside the #5 scorer in school history. So somehow other players were scoring plenty of points when she was an underclassman.
Funnily enough, according to page 13 of the (West Coast) Huskies record book, Plum actually took more attempts her junior and senior years than her freshman and sophomore years, so if she can be accused of being selfish early in her college career, she was a downright me-first diva by the end...

For me, rivalries with Plum were much like those with other Pac-12 players like Ionescu and Wiese - tons of respect, tons of desire to want to stop them. But I never thought she was a bad teammate or bad opposing player, which is very different from how I observed, for example, Kristine Anigwe.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lindy should probably just stick to dancing. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member