Shirreffs - did he have a concussion? | The Boneyard

Shirreffs - did he have a concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wasn't clear from the announcers what his status was. Any report after the game?

Reaction Score
Wasn't clear from the announcers what his status was. Any report after the game?
Nothing was clear from the PA system. Couldn't hear any of the penalty calls by the refs. It was awful except for the game that broke out. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner · 1h1 hour ago  East Hartford, CT
#UConnFootball QB Bryant Shirreffs (blow to head) should be OK but lower leg injury to TE Tommy Myers significant. Done for the year..

Reaction Score
Sure looked like he was in loopy land for a minute, on his back, hands out. The d!ckwad who clocked him (targeting, ejected) kneeled down with him and seemed to apologize, gave him a pat on the tummy. Didn't look like it was intentional, it just happened. It's a violent game.

Reaction Score
Sure looked like he was in loopy land for a minute, on his back, hands out. The d!ckwad who clocked him (targeting, ejected) kneeled down with him and seemed to apologize, gave him a pat on the tummy. Didn't look like it was intentional, it just happened. It's a violent game.
In tonight's OU-TCU game, some d!ckwad Horned Toad was ejected for targeting and clocking the head of the Sooners' QB which banged on the turk. Luckily for OU, their QB didn't look nearly as loopy as BS, didn't miss a play, and soon after had a great run leading to a FG. Yup, it can be a violent game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That was an incredibly dirty hit by that Houston . Launched with his head first and was trying to hit BS in the head. Very happy for the guys to pull out the W despite that cheap shot.

Reaction Score
Takes 1 to 2 weeks to recover. Hopefully, he gets back for Temple?

Reaction Score
That was an incredibly dirty hit by that Houston . Launched with his head first and was trying to hit BS in the head. Very happy for the guys to pull out the W despite that cheap shot.
I don't think it was a cheap shot, but rather a player that hasn't learned to not lead with his helmet. Coaches drilled it into our heads in pop warner that you do NOT lead with your helmet, then I got to high school and had a coach telling us to "use your helmet like a weapon." A lot of these hits are on players' former coaches teaching them dangerous techniques

Reaction Score
I don't think it was a cheap shot, but rather a player that hasn't learned to not lead with his helmet. Coaches drilled it into our heads in pop warner that you do NOT lead with your helmet, then I got to high school and had a coach telling us to "use your helmet like a weapon." A lot of these hits are on players' former coaches teaching them dangerous techniques

Schools lean pretty hard on coaches these days to use proper concussion protocol, but I'm sure there are still some idiots out there.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Maybe. Kid led with his helmet, made no attempt to put a shoulder into it, and seemed to have been launching after BS committed to the slide. To me, it's dirty. But maybe you're right - he might not be properly coached.

Reaction Score
Schools lean pretty hard on coaches these days to use proper concussion protocol, but I'm sure there are still some idiots out there.

Agreed, but some of these kids were playing HS football 4 years ago where the concussion protocol's still weren't the same

Reaction Score
Joseph_Duarte9:48pm via TweetDeck
Herman on ejection of Roberts for targeting: "It's a really tough rule. I know why the rule exists, it exists for player safety.” [cont.]

Joseph_Duarte9:49pm via TweetDeck
Herman on ejection [cont.] "I think the intent of the rule is certainly admirable. It's really hard to coach defensive football … ‘ [cont.]

Joseph_Duarte9:50pm via TweetDeck
Herman on ejection: [cont.] "these days when things happen in split-second & defender has target on ball carrier and leaves feet [cont.]

Joseph_Duarte9:51pm via TweetDeck
Herman on ejection [cont.]
“ … uncoils to make that tackle, and at the last split-second that target changes."

Reaction Score
Herman on ejection of Roberts for targeting: "It's a really tough rule. I know why the rule exists, it exists for player safety.” [cont.]

Herman on ejection [cont.] "I think the intent of the rule is certainly admirable. It's really hard to coach defensive football … ‘ [cont.]

Herman on ejection: [cont.] "these days when things happen in split-second & defender has target on ball carrier and leaves feet [cont.]

“ … uncoils to make that tackle, and at the last split-second that target changes."

Well, Coach Herman, teach your players not to lead with their helmet.

Was it malicious? No. Was it a preventable hit? Yes.

Reaction Score

This is all great, but BS gave himself up by sliding. All bets should have been off at that point.

Reaction Score
Maybe. Kid led with his helmet, made no attempt to put a shoulder into it, and seemed to have been launching after BS committed to the slide. To me, it's dirty. But maybe you're right - he might not be properly coached.
At a minimum, it was textbook targeting.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That was one m-f'in vicious hit. So glad he was able to walk off the field.

Reaction Score
That was definitely targeting his helmet was pointed downward, if someone does that in the NFL they get a huge fine and a suspension. I can't say I liked to see guys on the other team get hurt but I loved the message our defense sent on their qb the slam by Ayemi was dumb but I it was worth it in the end.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, the QB slide needs to be protected or what's the point? The refs handled appropriately. It wasn't a borderline call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom