Shirreffs - did he have a concussion? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shirreffs - did he have a concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is exactly right. If the Houston kid didn't lead with his helmet, there is no targeting and probably no injury.

True; but, it would have still drawn a 15 yard penalty for unnecessary roughness as the QB was well into his slide and that has been a rule for ages.

Reaction Score
On the TV broadcast Hawkins called it perfectly. He did the obligatory "I'm no doctor" bit but immediately keyed in on the involuntary movement of Shireff's arms as soon as he got hit.

Great job by the UConn med staff on the sidelines. They made it perfectly clear that he was done when they took away his helmet.

I Was actually surprised to see Bryant on the sidelines in the second half in street clothes as the Rent was not full; but, damn loud. Hopefully, that is a good sign in that he was OK to be there. After one of my concussions, I avoided loud sounds and bright lights for a week.

Reaction Score
I Was actually surprised to see Bryant on the sidelines in the second half in street clothes as the Rent was not full; but, damn loud. Hopefully, that is a good sign in that he was OK to be there. After one of my concussions, I avoided loud sounds and bright lights for a week.

I heard Joe D mention Bryant was wooping it up in the background during the post game interviews.

Also a good sign, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc