Shift expectations to a championship team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shift expectations to a championship team

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I will not shift my expectations because my expectations are the same every year. This is muddahfreakin UConn baby. #OnefortheThumb
Liked for the thumb slogan. Is that yours or - more likely - am I just not paying attention?

Reaction Score
Legendary poster back in the day. Rutgers fan. He used to come on the board, and, in all seriousness, put forth case why Rutgers would win the big East. For example, he compared Felipe Lopez to a young Michael Jordan...and was not exaggerating his take.

RutgersAl posts were a signal that basketball was here, and it was going to be a good season.
Man I totally forgot about that total idiot loser

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Someone was housing a bunch of Rose-soaked turkey last night

Why does this board go through this every year...? No championship team falls behind St Joes by 20+. Can we please just wait until nest year to talk about this. We should be happy with a top-quarter finish in the conference and an at-large bid.
Easily fall behind when a team shoots lights out 3's from not only from all around the court but on the run. Second half they made a few at best and our boys erased a huge point deficit. That's the sign of a very good team.

Reaction Score
Legendary poster back in the day. Rutgers fan. He used to come on the board, and, in all seriousness, put forth case why Rutgers would win the big East. For example, he compared Felipe Lopez to a young Michael Jordan...and was not exaggerating his take.

RutgersAl posts were a signal that basketball was here, and it was going to be a good season.
I think it was Mike Rosario. After he transferred to Florida, RutgersAl slowly stopped posting and dwindled away ...

Reaction Score
I have some friends who get well ahead of themselves at the beginning of almost every season. These last few seasons hurt. It’s just good to know that this team is competitive and they don’t have that lay down mentality when we’re down. We do see a change and that’s a good start and I’m happy with that

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, Al was a good dude. He came to several of our FB tailgates and always brought something good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
FWIW, Al was a good dude. He came to several of our FB tailgates and always brought something good.

I actually didn't mind him tbh. His posts always gave me a chuckle. And I was mildly envious of his boundless, albeit Pollyanna-esque, optimism.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think it was Mike Rosario. After he transferred to Florida, RutgersAl slowly stopped posting and dwindled away ...

hahaha yes, that's the one. Lopez went to St Johns anyway. Good call.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hahaha classic

Would it going to far to say that video is "simply wow?"

Reaction Score
Liked for the thumb slogan. Is that yours or - more likely - am I just not paying attention?
was very popular with the patriots... but that was a long long time ago

Reaction Score
LOL!!! Our FT shooting were terrible!!! Games were won or lost based on FT!!!

Our FT shooting "were" not terrible...........except the 12/21 (57.1%) in the win over Buffalo.

For the year (total) it's 75.4%, a number any coach would be happy with. Take out the Buffalo game and its 78.5 %. The best game was Xavier at 25/27 (92.6%).

We lost to St. Joseph's because of turnovers and 2 point shooting percentage while killing them on the line and shooting much better on threes and lost to Xavier, in spite of killing them on the line, due to horrible field goal shooting percentages.

Reaction Score
I remember Jim very well, he was a UConn legend. Jim was highly recruited and UConn was lucky to have him. Jim, Tony Hanson, Jeff Carr, Randy LaVigne. Jim also played with Corny and Mike his last two years. Just trying to respect the guys name, nothing personal. If I'm not older than you are, I'm right behind you. I know Calhoun put UConn on the map, but those mid and late 70's teams with Abromaitis, Tony Hanson, Corny and Mike helped as well, at least with the Big East invite.

i wasn’t quite a Uconn fan yet. My dad introduced me to this called college basketball via Abro. We were from the same neighborhood not that we knew them but that was my introduction to the college game.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I remember Jim very well, he was a UConn legend. Jim was highly recruited and UConn was lucky to have him. Jim, Tony Hanson, Jeff Carr, Randy LaVigne. Jim also played with Corny and Mike his last two years. Just trying to respect the guys name, nothing personal. If I'm not older than you are, I'm right behind you. I know Calhoun put UConn on the map, but those mid and late 70's teams with Abromaitis, Tony Hanson, Corny and Mike helped as well, at least with the Big East invite.
I well remember the cheers when Corny signed. Everyone was excited that a top prospect had decided to stay home. the press was full of statements about how his signing signaled a change in UConn recruiting. Another overlooked fact from those days is that Dee Rowe never went anywhere. He welcomed and supported JC. I believe that was the beginning of the UConn family manifested in thier relationship. Also two names missing from your list Wes and Toby.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom