Shift expectations to a championship team | The Boneyard

Shift expectations to a championship team

Reaction Score
We shouldve easily beat Xavier who I think is a top ten team. I think it was OBVIOUS we were better. I’ve seen all the teams and there is no one and I mean no one that stands away from the crowd
I live our defensive potential—- I think we are just touching the surface on our offense.
We have all the ingredients Size speed length talent depth heart.
I think Dh will find rotations that create the best possible chemistry And this is not a team that will suffer w foul trouble.
So why not us?

Reaction Score
We shouldve easily beat Xavier who I think is a top ten team. I think it was OBVIOUS we were better. I’ve seen all the teams and there is no one and I mean no one that stands away from the crowd
I live our defensive potential—- I think we are just touching the surface on our offense.
I think Dh will find rotations that create the best possible chemistry And this is not a team that will suffer w foul trouble.
So why not us?

How early did you start?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So why not us?
No less than a three-peat.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Props for noting that comparative foul totals were favorable throughout last weekend. Living the defensive potential!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How early did you start?

This is baseline Scrappy. Now he's posting like this again, we can breathe a little easier about the program.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

Reaction Score
The way they have played so far, I can see them getting to 20 wins and making the Big Dance. But... Vital and especially Gilbert need to score more. Between the two they need to pump in at least 30 points per game if this team wants to advance past the first game in the tourney. Also, keep in mind that UConn has a target on it's back in the AAC. They are leaving and everyone staying will want to give them a beating as a parting gift. If Gilbert can survive the conference schedule healthy it will be a miracle. But the team seems to have enough depth that if one of the starters is sidelined others may be able to step in. A versatile bunch for sure they should be able to create enough match up problems so that they finish top four in the league and escape that first conference playoff game. If they make it to the conference championship final game they just may make a 8 seed in the March Madness tourney. I say that because they've already lost twice and they haven't seen the best on their schedule yet. If they go on a tare and win the conference tourney look for a top 25 ranking and a possible 3 seed.

With fingers crossed that the team stays healthy,
Go Huskies!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you are talking league championship, I think we can accomplish that. I thought all summer that people were underrating this team. Another year in the system, a year of improvement from all the returning guys and a strong freshman class. If not for our crappy past results, I think we’d have been rated higher. Under-performance was priced in.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We've missed you, Scrappy. Welcome home. We've needed someone who always seas the bright side of Husky Hoops (beyond the bright side, actually) around here these last few seasons.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Vital and especially Gilbert need to score more
But not by shooting more. They need to take fewer shots and make a higher percentage. The opportunity for shots is going to diminish at Bouk begins to take a more dominant role. This team will go as far as Bouk and a supporting cast can take them.

Reaction Score
But not by shooting more. They need to take fewer shots and make a higher percentage. The opportunity for shots is going to diminish at Bouk begins to take a more dominant role. This team will go as far as Bouk and a supporting cast can take them.

I don't think they need to score more at all. I want Carlton to score more because he does consistently what he's capable of doing in spurts. I want Akok to score more as he gains confidence and the staff gains confidence in him. I want Bouknight to score more as his minutes and shots go up.
Vitale is already scoring 15 a game, which is appropropiate for his game. If Gilbert's scoring doesn't go up at all I'm fine. I'd like him to shoot better, but that becomes less of an issue the less he shoots.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Most bizarre part is thinking Xavier is easily a top ten team.

The only top 10 team that struggles to score is Virginia.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

All we need is RutgersAl extolling the virtues of the Scarlet Knights, and we're totally back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think they need to score more at all. I want Carlton to score more because he does consistently what he's capable of doing in spurts. I want Akok to score more as he gains confidence and the staff gains confidence in him. I want Bouknight to score more as his minutes and shots go up.
Vitale is already scoring 15 a game, which is appropropiate for his game. If Gilbert's scoring doesn't go up at all I'm fine. I'd like him to shoot better, but that becomes less of an issue the less he shoots.
Your first sentence says it all. They need to play team ball and get their points as they come in the offense. They've proven they can't be relied on to get a bucket 1-on-1. Save that for the guy who can do it. And Polley should get more open looks when the O is clicking.

Reaction Score
How early did you start?
Someone was housing a bunch of Rose-soaked turkey last night

Why does this board go through this every year...? No championship team falls behind St Joes by 20+. Can we please just wait until nest year to talk about this. We should be happy with a top-quarter finish in the conference and an at-large bid.

Reaction Score
I don't know if we should have beat the X easily, but we were in control the last 5 mintes and should have salted the game away.

Reaction Score
Must say it’s wide open this year. I don’t see a top 25 team we can’t beat on a good night. Maybe I’m crazy. But there is no “really good” team this year

totally agree and for everyone St Joes was unbelievably hot that day. We should be undefeated. If this past week is a preview of what this team really is, then we are for sure a tournament team hands down and should be top 3 in our league vying for the league title.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Someone was housing a bunch of Rose-soaked turkey last night

Why does this board go through this every year...? No championship team falls behind St Joes by 20+. Can we please just wait until nest year to talk about this. We should be happy with a top-quarter finish in the conference and an at-large bid.

Don't slow Scrappy's roll rock. Need his pie in the sky mojo

Reaction Score
I’m so impressed with the jump we took this year.
First off incredible props to Brendan ADAMS and Josh Carlton for making substantial progress in the off season. HUGE props to Danny H for being able to identify incredibly talented young players and get them here.
We have upperclassmen guards who will be big factors as the season goes on. I think we have a go to scorer in Bouknight which is something every good team needs.
As long as we work hard on defense — look hard to find a good or better shot in each possession I feel real good against anyone and ultimately that’s all u can ask for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom