Sherif Kenney Visiting | The Boneyard

Sherif Kenney Visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Chief's Brewster package was Sid Wilson and Lukas Kisunas. Hope we can get Sherif Kenney, but Chief is not so far-seeing.

Reaction Score
So the Sherif is in town. Yeah, that was bad, but I do bad good.

I know nothing about this recruit, but I hope he can flat-out shoot. This kid couldn't have a better first name.

Reaction Score
Chillious has been on him since he got here. I like him and he's the type of player we've been lacking for a while. Big strong guard with an old man game, much stronger and more physical than the kids we've been bringing in.

Reaction Score
Chillious has been on him since he got here. I like him and he's the type of player we've been lacking for a while. Big strong guard with an old man game, much stronger and more physical than the kids we've been bringing in.
Reminds me of John bagley in terms of build and game.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if we have a shot at Chol Marial

Met his head coach last year at a picnic and talked to him some . Had good things to say about him but when I asked about schools UConn was never mentioned. Could have been oversight or maybe he knew he wasn't all that interested.

C

Chief00

Chief's Brewster package was Sid Wilson and Lukas Kisunas. Hope we can get Sherif Kenney, but Chief is not so far-seeing.
LOL - Blaze strategy keeps giving !

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
This is an official visit. I haven’t seen that mentioned in this thread, but that seems like a very significant detail.

Would be pretty crazy to get a big time commit this early, especially someone with good size and ball skills that we can stick at the 2. Jumper is a huge work in progress, but we haven’t had a strong, rugged guard with upside in a while.

C

Chief00

This is an official visit. I haven’t seen that mentioned in this thread, but that seems like a very significant detail.

Would be pretty crazy to get a big time commit this early, especially someone with good size and ball skills that we can stick at the 2. Jumper is a huge work in progress, but we haven’t had a strong, rugged guard with upside in a while.

Agree, Chill working it hard. That’s why I am more optimistic than many - looking out 2-3 years. I think we are starting to get guys who can play in KO’s pro system. Quite frankly, I don’t see KO adopting a college system, so this is our best path to success. Again, I love JCs double screens in the post to run Rip off of without the ball and some of George’s post plays - but I just don’t see KO going that route. So we need to stock up on pro potential talent.

Reaction Score
Agree, Chill working it hard. That’s why I am more optimistic than many - looking out 2-3 years. I think we are starting to get guys who can play in KO’s pro system. Quite frankly, I don’t see KO adopting a college system, so this is our best path to success. Again, I love JCs double screens in the post to run Rip off of without the ball and some of George’s post plays - but I just don’t see KO going that route. So we need to stock up on pro potential talent.
I like this strategy of only getting players that are future pros. Why hasn't anyone else thought of that?

C

Chief00

LOL. Now it's time for someone to suggest that we join the ACC or Big Ten, because that would help us as well.

I like this strategy of only getting players that are future pros. Why hasn't anyone else thought of that?

You guys are being naive or most likely silly.
There are many college programs that historically do well playing a “college style” game. Years ago George Blaney did it at Holy Cross. Also on offense there are teams that don’t try to break you down off the dribble - they work it around until the open man is ultimately found open for a shot the shooter couldn’t make if it’s contested.
KO wants to play a style where the dribbler can either break the defender down off the dribble, free up for the shot off the screen or make a play off the screen. This approach takes more 1x1 talent and if the shot doesn’t go in appears to be selfish hero ball. If you have talent and the shot goes in, it seems like simple, efficient basketball. Napier thrived in the role but Adams is struggling playing consistently at that level 5 standard.

If you don’t have pro talent you have a record like we did last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44