Shea and Vandy make the tourney | The Boneyard

Shea and Vandy make the tourney

Reaction Score
Congrats to Shea on taking Vandy dancing, albeit as a 12th seed in a play-in game. That losing streak late in the season really hurt, but glad they get to go.

I really hate it that they have to play Columbia, who is a huge story in their own right being an at large Ivy program who had a great year and got rewarded as well. Their reaction is what makes this time of year so special. Wish they could both win and advance.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
7ADED34C-8DB9-4C3E-8644-43E8EE7AF7F3.jpeg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Congrats to both Coach Ralph and Coach Griffith of Columbia. Save for that Tourney loss to Princeton, they've played awfully well down the stretch. Interesting that the Lions have to play two UConn-alums-turned coaches two games in a row. ;)

Reaction Score
Congrats to both Coach Ralph and Coach Griffith of Columbia. Save for that Tourney loss to Princeton, they've played awfully well down the stretch. Interesting that the Lions have to play two UConn-alums-turned coaches two games in a row. ;)

Sorry, you should be saying that two Uconn-alums-turned coaches will be playing each other!

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Sorry, you should be saying that two Uconn-alums-turned coaches will be playing each other!

??? :confused:

Excuse me, even on my second cup of coffee, I'm not following.

• Columbia, coached by Lion alum Megan Griffith, played and lost to Princton Tigers, coached by UConn alum Carla Berube;
  • They next will play the Vandy Commodores, coached by UConn Alum Shea Ralph.
The winner of Columbia will play Baylor.

So....what am I missing in your comment? Thanks for explanation.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

• Columbia, coached by Lion alum Megan Griffith, played and lost to Princton Tigers, coached by UConn alum Carla Berube;

Dont forget, Vandy also has Director of Player Development, Lou(KLS) and Director of Student Athlete Success and Community Relations, Kyla Irwin, too!! Both sit on the bench for each game.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Dont forget, Vandy also has Director of Player Development, Lou(KLS) and Director of Student Athlete Success and Community Relations, Kyla Irwin, too!! Both sit on the bench for each game.
Thanks, that's great for the "Husky South!" :)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I took it to mean that Columbia will have played 2 games in a row again UConn connected coaches, Princeton in the Ivy League Championship and then Vandy in the NCAAT.
Thanks...but I thought that's what I posted (maybe not specific enough with the names....):rolleyes:
Congrats to the entire staff of Princeton, Columbia and Vanderbilt!! Let the games continue.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Shea on taking Vandy dancing, albeit as a 12th seed in a play-in game. That losing streak late in the season really hurt, but glad they get to go.

I really hate it that they have to play Columbia, who is a huge story in their own right being an at large Ivy program who had a great year and got rewarded as well. Their reaction is what makes this time of year so special. Wish they could both win and advance.

QUITE THE SCENE OF INFINITE HAPPINESS! GO LIONS! (May the best team win.)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Thanks...but I thought that's what I posted (maybe not specific enough with the names....):rolleyes:
Congrats to the entire staff of Princeton, Columbia and Vanderbilt!! Let the games continue.
You did post that and is why I deleted my reply. I apologize for my reply.

Reaction Score

oop's I misread the bracket. Sorry for not paying attention!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While I am happy for our girl Shea I think the south of the Mason Dixon line bias is what has them playing.

Reaction Score

Thank you vicariously. Doubt that it matters much that it came in a streak, but it was the result of playing most of the SEC teams better than them in a row by pure scheduling quirk. The Dores were actually too consistent, almost without fail beating those below them, mostly winning h2h vs other bubble teams, but without a really big win. More variance would have probably won us a couple of seed lines. :)

Reaction Score
Lou and Kyla clinch it ….Shea stepping forward is what we’ve known would happen…like, for over 20 years ! The younger 33 and Kyla and Tournament Shea know the Dance. Go Commodores, yes UConn.

Reaction Score
I really want to root for Columbia but I cannot root against Shea. It's a conundrum.

Reaction Score
Can someone help me understand why an 11 seed would still have to compete in a "play-in" game? And there's even a "play-in" game for a 12 seed. I can understand- sort of- a play-in for the lowest seeds, the 16's. But why in the world would relatively well-seeded teams be forced into a play-in? Seems really random and unfair to those teams.

Reaction Score
Can someone help me understand why an 11 seed would still have to compete in a "play-in" game? And there's even a "play-in" game for a 12 seed. I can understand- sort of- a play-in for the lowest seeds, the 16's. But why in the world would relatively well-seeded teams be forced into a play-in? Seems really random and unfair to those teams.
Because many conference tournament winners, which get automatic bids, are simply not as good as many teams that don’t even make it into the field. To fill the field at 64, there are play in games for those 11 and 12 seeds. All of the lower seeds are automatic bids being rewarded for being conference champions.

Reaction Score
Because the 16's earned their way into the tournament by winning their conference championships, while the 11's and 12's got picked by a bunch of people sitting in a room looking at spreadsheets. Some of us think all the play-in games should be at-large teams. The NCAA can't even seem to decide how they want to do it, with two games 16 vs. 16, one 11 vs. 11, and one 12 vs. 12. That makes no sense whatsoever: Auburn and Arizona are seeded 11th, but have to play in, while three 12s get into the main bracket immediately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom