Shaq Goodwin | The Boneyard

Shaq Goodwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I cannot stand his bullish style and still don't know how he is not called for two or more offensive fouls every game. On the court he comes off as someone want to be bad ass who gets the love from the refs. I want to hate him so much .but have you ever noticed his reactions after every game he sincerely congratulates every player he meets and every coach with sincerity and honesty and I think he's a little bit better than what we thought I wish the guy the best of luck at his next chapter in his career.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I cannot stand his bullish style and still don't know how he is not called for two or more offensive fouls every game. On the court he comes off as someone want to be bad ass who gets the love from the refs. I want to hate him so much .but have you ever noticed his reactions after every game he sincerely congratulates every player he meets and every coach with sincerity and honesty and I think he's a little bit better than what we thought I wish the guy the best of luck at his next chapter in his career.
Last year he beat us on a last second basket. He was interviewed after the game and came across really well. Smart, articulate and gracious. I liked him.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Didn't realize he was a senior...always thought he was Brimah and Facey's class.

I've always really liked him and hope nothing but the best in his future endeavors. He's got a non-stop motor which should help him make a good living playing the game he loves.

Reaction Score
Good dude, good thread. Always enjoyed watching him play as well as the way he conducts himself just seems like a genuinely nice kid.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
That smile used to bother me but over the years I admired him more and more. Relentless competitor and good teammate who is always picking up the
other players. Very glad we don't have to play him again. Reminds me of Spiva as far as kind of dreading him when we play his team. Worthy opponent
for sure. Wish him the best after college. He's a winner.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Shaq Goodwin is awesome, and I hope he ends up in the league somewhere.

Very glad we don't have to play him ever again.

Agreed. I like him, even if I don't like playing against him. Now Lawson, he rubs me the wrong way a bit.

Reaction Score
I love players that play hard and Goodwin does. My favorite opponent of all time was Kyle Lowery from Villanova.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last year he beat us on a last second basket. He was interviewed after the game and came across really well. Smart, articulate and gracious. I liked him.

Shaq is essentially Jeff Adrien with linger hair. Non-stop motor (including mouth), constant effort.

Memphis' problem is that Goodwin should be the 3-4 option on offense but he's their 1-2 option.

I'd gander that if he was at UConn he'd be a legend.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Goodwin is a tough competitor and with good sportsmanship. Never cheap, never trying to show anybody up. Just playing hard, trying to win and enjoying the game.

Reaction Score
Daylight savings messing with you guys?

I see a "Spiva"
a "Kyle Lowery"
and a "Jeff Adrien with linger hair"

I will just chalk it up to you guys staying up all night studying those brackets

My favorite player? Shabozz Napiyay

Reaction Score
I've always considered Shaq a class act. This weekend he solidified my belief when the chatted with my son for about ten minutes.

My kid was down there w/ the Pep Band and while a few of the Memphis players were hanging around our baseline during the Temple game, Shaq struck up a conversation with my son. He said Shaq seemed genuine and sincere and even asked a few follow-up questions as to what my kid's plans are after he graduates this May.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm glad to see this thread - always got a good vibe from Goodwin, and the kid was a relentless opponent. I hope he gets a good shot in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Memphis' problem is that Goodwin should be the 3-4 option on offense but he's their 1-2 option.

Yep, I agree, Goodwin is a very good player but he shouldn't be the best player on your squad. He would be a great Robin, he is merely a very good Batman.

Reaction Score
If he was with us we'd love him. He's a good guy, very competitive but not mean, Lawson is a freshman! Wow. If Pastner goes does he declare? Maybe he goes anyway.

Reaction Score
Makes sense as that was the year we became conference mates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member