Shaq Goodwin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shaq Goodwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is a winner of my Pat White Award. Given when called for to a guy who routinely kicked our butts while being very likable.....and i couldn't wait for them to graduate.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This kid killed us over the years and I remember the disappointment when he didn't sign with us. His career flew by.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Always liked Goodwin. Was really concerned about him this game. Thought he would get our bigs into foul trouble and he did. That would have opened the way for an inside outside game. Fortunately they shot poorly from outside. Glad Burrell imploded.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I cannot stand his bullish style and still don't know how he is not called for two or more offensive fouls every game. On the court he comes off as someone want to be bad ass who gets the love from the refs. I want to hate him so much .but have you ever noticed his reactions after every game he sincerely congratulates every player he meets and every coach with sincerity and honesty and I think he's a little bit better than what we thought I wish the guy the best of luck at his next chapter in his career.

I love his bullish style and wish he was on our team. I want more guys like him in the future.

Reaction Score
So Brimah, Phil and Enoch all have 4 fouls with 10 minutes to go and Shaq and Lawson can have a field day inside. Then Memphis starts chucking up 3's. Good job by them.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
So Brimah, Phil and Enoch all have 4 fouls with 10 minutes to go and Shaq and Lawson can have a field day inside. Then Memphis starts chucking up 3's. Good job by them.
Agreed. They had us right where they wanted us and Pastner completely let us off the hook. I really thought we were going to lose at that point. That's probably as good an example as any for why Pastner will be fired.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
You need to give Ollie some credit there too. Once all those bigs got 4 fouls he switched to a zone and instead of trying to work the ball inside against a zone (which is harder than against man), Memphis started settling for 3s. Lots of 3s. Credit to Ollie for making that much needed adjustment.

Reaction Score
I liked how he never complained after a call. He's the type of bull we so desperately need. Glad we no longer have to play him. Seems like a good kid, wish him the best.

We're talking about Shaq Goodwin, right? You want to say he's tough and a great competitor, fine. But he doesn't complain? That's nonsense.

Reaction Score
Always loved watching him. In a game as devoid of polished back to the basket players as college bball, watching him school someone with a perfect drop step or up fake was always fun/will give me nightmares.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I believe he won the AAC sportsmanship award last season. He seems like a good dude.

Reaction Score
The refs got tired of his celebrations after a while. So did I. Prime example:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member