Shakur Juiston (Juco) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shakur Juiston (Juco)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While I agree, I'm not especially concerned about the ability to put the ball in the basket next season. We're pretty much loaded with those guys 1-4. Adams, Gilbert, Vital, Jackson, Larrier, and Durham, assuming he progresses health-wise, all strike me as the type of players who don't need a lot of structure to succeed. I imagine they will be far more proficient in isos and ball screens - and Enoch will help with this - than they were this past season with guards who were streaky and big who couldn't really put it on the floor. Jackson and Vital were hardly great players as freshman, but they appeared to understand how offense works conceptually.

My biggest concern next season is rim protection & defensive IQ from the five spot.
I think we will likely be playing 3 forwards and rebounding will be a team approach.

Reaction Score
this exchange was on March 18, just saying.

If you are to believe Stairmaster and some on this forum - No worries - Glen Miller will coach them up!

Your embarrassing personal problems with Glen Miller render you wholly unqualified to offer an opinion on his value to the team.

Hopefully, we will soon make the necessary changes and whatever Stairmaster's "qualified" position is, will thankfully be rendered irrelevant.

Maybe KO will ask campus PD to lift the restraining order he had to take out against you as well.

Reaction Score
Josh Jackson leads Kansas with 35 blocks not a really crazy number? But they're pretty good. My point is you don't need a swatter if you play solid D on the post and rebound. Shaq at Wichita State was that type of guy I would take in a second over Brimah and his blocked shots. Space eater, smart and by the way he can play a little down the other end too. If a guy like Cobb can be some of that player he will see minutes.

Agree on Deandre's importance, could use someone like that maybe it's Larrier?

Kansas was good not great defensively, which I think is about what their ceiling was with that type of roster.

The Oregon team they ran into is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. They're actually limited defensively from a personnel standpoint, but Bell is such a transformative defensive player that he almost singlehandedly shut down a very good Kansas offense. Their entire game plan was predicated on Bell being able to block and change shots at the rim.

Reaction Score
Here is what I saw from Juiston. The game was largely a blowout so I didn't get to see him play under pressure or have to create much. I also only saw about half the game, but here goes.

Pros:
Athletic four man with nice strength. Maybe an inch or two taller than KFree, not quite as buff but in that same mold but more skilled possibly.
Saw him go 4-for-4 at the line.
Got several offensive rebound putbacks and made it look easy.
Made some nice passes can handle/pass pretty well for a 4-man. Looked very comfortable with the ball at all times.
Very explosive in all facets (athletically/vertical, etc.)
Tough, plays physical.

Again, didn't see enough to do much. He fits a role we don't have which is a guy that can defend 2/3/4/5 (2 is a stretch) but very versatile and strong. Would be instant impact player because of strength and athleticism. Seems like that guy we see on mid majors that is 6'7 and super athletic with great skills.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Is there any reason to believe we have a chance for this kid at this point?

Reaction Score
Is there any reason to believe we have a chance for this kid at this point?
We were in his top 8 and didn't make the post season so theoretically our coaches could have dedicated a lot more of their time to him than teams that made it?

Reaction Score
Jeeeeeez, Cobb is 52nd
Rob Gray Jr for Houston was 47th and Ahmed Mohammed for VCU was 60th. Both would have played significant minutes for us this year. JuCo rankings are far, far from perfect. Top 5-10 is usually good high major players but then again Sam Cassell Jr was 8th

Even more, Jordan Washington from Iona was 57th and that dude was an animal

pj

Reaction Score
Character is a big variable for JUCO players. Much more variance than with high school seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom