Shaka Smart in talks with Texas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shaka Smart in talks with Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure about the direct connection, but he participated last year at John Lucas's summer camp. Presumably, he got to know and like Lucas.

I hope he's gotten to know and like KO better.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Not sure about the direct connection, but he participated last year at John Lucas's summer camp. Presumably, he got to know and like Lucas.

I hope he's gotten to know and like KO better.
His tweet seemed very definitive. I know he has an offer from Texas but I didn't think they were in the picture at all.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
hopefully tevin mack doesnt stay at vcu or go to texas and comes here... also with bruce brown and and big

Reaction Score
also this is off topic, but why is greg marshall making more money than kevin ollie? like 500k more a year more.

Reaction Score
VCU's final four berth is on par with any "two" UCONN national titles. UCONN played its way up into national prominence in the Big East, who collectively kicked the door down to become a super power in the mens basketball. I'm not trying to denigrate UCONN's accomplishments, but damn people, get some perspective. It's a lot harder to become a FF quality team when your schedule consists of Colonial Athletic Association competition, and a November "pre season NIT" game at Wake Forest. They guy can coach, period.
coach what? junk defense? the past two uconn coaches could succeed at any level of basketball ( nba ,euroleague, anywhere)

Reaction Score
also this is off topic, but why is greg marshall making more money than kevin ollie? like 500k more a year more.

Because WSU has invested a ton of money into the basketball program and Marshall has been coveted by high major schools. The men's bball team is probably the 1 team that matters for the shockers athletic program.

They have to pay Marshall handsomely to keep him from bolting.

Uconn has football and women's basketball to worry about along with the other Olympic sports. Ollie wouldn't coach somewhere else in the college game. Marshall doesn't have that connection to WSU although he enjoys it there

Reaction Score
Because WSU has invested a ton of money into the basketball program and Marshall has been coveted by high major schools. The men's bball team is probably the 1 team that matters for the shockers athletic program.

They have to pay Marshall handsomely to keep him from bolting.

Uconn has football and women's basketball to worry about along with the other Olympic sports. Ollie wouldn't coach somewhere else in the college game. Marshall doesn't have that connection to WSU although he enjoys it there
ah good point. sounds like the best job in america. guy gets paid like he's won multiple titles, or has been deep in the tourney a bunch. he's 52, not a young buck.

Reaction Score
I heard Texas is still negotiating a bump to first class on Shaka's flight to interview for the job.

Reaction Score
KO probably has a lot more total compensation than Marshall. Salaries are only part of the story. There is other compensation that isn't public as well.

Reaction Score
Wife must love that one. Lol
I never had a lap dance. How much do they cost? ;)

It seems like a binding contact. Assuming someone on the staff is into that type of thing it could have some real value. Am I over thinking this? :)

Reaction Score
Mhmmmmmm well now we know what landed Mack. And no way he's leaving that arrangement.

I was wondering about that tweet @ 2:10 am on his visit. Really good points. Thanks for the great insight into this kinda stuff.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
Mhmmmmmm well now we know what landed Mack. And no way he's leaving that arrangement.

Someone call Electric Blue, I think they might be the recruiting edge we've been missing lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom