"Randy?"

"Yes..?"

"It's Confident Carl on the line..."

"Who?"

"Confident Carl...from the Boneyard..."

"Why didn't you say so! Put him through immediately!"

1-cell-phones-kills-humor.gif

Reaction Score
In fairness to Carl, the kid posted it on twitter himself inviting coaches to reach out to him. It just so happens that the article quotes that twitter post.

That being said, Carl, please for the love of all that is Weist, do not contact that kid. We have trained professionals on the UConn staff to do that kind of stuff. ;)
Which is why he sent the coaches an email indicating he knew of a player..... and the player put it out there that he is looking for a "job".
how do you think this stuff happens??? He told you he wasn't contacting the kid by indicating he was sending re-sending information.
No not at all. When I saw that my post about a viable running back candidate creeped him out, I suddenly had an image of Winged UCONN in one of those pink hats!

images

LMAO.. !!!!!!

Reaction Score
How about reading "Boosters" section of NCAA regs? You might not post like this again.

Well aware of the NCAA guidelines for boosters. Perhaps you should read others posts more carefully. Shai was clearly asking for coaches to contact him. I was simply conveying his sentiments. I doubt most didn't even knew who Shai McKenzie was prior to the post. If by posting this potential opportunity and sending this email brought awareness and possible action from the coaching staff then I consider my efforts worth while. It seems rather odd when fans who are starving for a winning program major on the minors.

Reaction Score
Well aware of the NCAA guidelines for boosters. Perhaps you should read others posts more carefully. Shai was clearly asking for coaches to contact him. I was simply conveying his sentiments. I doubt most didn't even knew who Shai McKenzie was prior to the post. If by posting this potential opportunity and sending this email brought awareness and possible action from the coaching staff then I consider my efforts worth while. It seems rather odd when fans who are starving for a winning program major on the minors.

Jesus Joseph & Mary if the staff needs BY posters to give them an iggy about a possible transfer available we are so far beyond faqued it's impossible to imagine.

Reaction Score
Which is why he sent the coaches an email indicating he knew of a player..... and the player put it out there that he is looking for a "job".
how do you think this stuff happens??? He told you he wasn't contacting the kid by indicating he was sending re-sending information.

LMAO.. !!!!!!

Yup, i forgot for just a moment who I was dealing with. What an unfathomably stupid thing to post and do.

Reaction Score
Jesus Joseph & Mary if the staff needs BY posters to give them an iggy about a possible transfer available we are so far beyond faqued it's impossible to imagine.

The time line is:

1/12/17 Shai announces publicly he is transferring:

Hokies running back Shai McKenzie announces plans to transfer

1/24/17 TODAY Shai tweets out his email inviting coaches to contact him:

Shai McKenzie details restrictions Virginia Tech placed on transfer

So sending an email to the Running back coach, OC, and several other coaches was a dumb thing? Question, why are their email addresses publicly displayed on the UCONN athletic web site?

If my email prompted somebody to contact SM that would be great. It's called a lead. Why are you so bothered that I took the initiative? I make a good living dealing with C level executives and know that timing is everything in life.

Reaction Score
Just picked up a grad transfer rb, don't need another one. A lineman would help

Reaction Score
In fairness to Carl, the kid posted it on twitter himself inviting coaches to reach out to him. It just so happens that the article quotes that twitter post.

That being said, Carl, please for the love of all that is Weist, do not contact that kid. We have trained professionals on the UConn staff to do that kind of stuff. ;)

Awe your no fun, I was going to bring my EMS buddy over to Shai's house to do the physical. I figured with the Diaco buy out it would save the athletic dept. on expenses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom