Shabazz to D-League | The Boneyard

Shabazz to D-League

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Well that's dumb. He hasn't been a Syracuse guy...he's actually playing well in the NBA. Strange.

Reaction Score

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Turns the ball over a lot. This will do him good.

Reaction Score
Napier goes from potential starter to being sent to d league,this screams of showcasing cole for a trade. wouldn't be surprised if he is recalled very soon.

Reaction Score
Not a real surprise as his minutes have declined and along with that his scoring and assists. I'm going strictly by the box scores in the paper and have only seen him play a couple of times. He had a pretty good stretch at one point so hopefully Bazz can use this time to improve his game.
After some thought, you are right. Maybe in the long run this is the best for him to work on his decision making,

Reaction Score
Turns the ball over a lot. This will do him good.

He has 2 turnovers in his last 8 games, while averaging a little over 15 minutes per game. His shooting has declined a bit in that time frame, but slumps happen.

Reaction Score
The Heat fans are not happy, but an NBA reporter says it's not punitive and won't be for long, just so Shabazz can get some 30 minute games in.
Heat fanboard

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The D-League is not a death sentence, people. Just going to give him some extra PT.

Reaction Score
The D-League is not a death sentence, people. Just going to give him some extra PT.
The D stands for Development, which is exactly what Bazz needs. People see the potential and work ethic; he's just not there yet to take over and run an offense for, as Bezzz said, 30 minutes in an NBA game.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Watched Bazz a number of times.
On subject of turnovers. Half came because his teammates were not ready for the pass. He got schooled by Orlando rookie.
His big problem is keeping the other point in front. He was getting beat a lot off the dribble.
This could be Miami doesn't want to wait two years for him to develop and want him in two months.
However, Bazz often differed to stars and the stars failed to produce. So, Miami wants him to sharpen his overall game as now they need him to score a lot more. But Bazz was playing well as a 18 minute a game backup. Behind a guy like Wall, Bazz would be fine. But behind Cole? In other words Miami feels it has no legit NBA point so Bazz is going to Dleague to see if he can become one.

Reaction Score
Shabazz needs minutes, and for now its too costly for the Heat to give him minutes to develop. This to me is not a demotion, but a means to expedite his development. He'll get the 20+ minutes a night as opposed to the diminishing minutes Spoelstra's been giving him.

I saw a game recently and the Heat were struggling, Spoelstra didn't look his way when I thought Bazz could help. I also sensed something was going to happen to him then.

Spoelstra likes him, so I think its an investment decision, especially if they need him late season. He'll be a better player at that point.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not a bad thing.

Playing 30 minutes a game is better for him than playing 15 minutes a game.

Coincidentally, we recruited Hassan Whiteside - he could have been a part of the ultimately train-wrecky class of 2009.

He went to Marshall and played one year before going pro - he had some grade and common sense issues that probably kept most schools from going all-in on him. Great shot blocked at Marshall.

Reaction Score
Buzz had been playing the last 2-4 minutes of the first three quarters for about a month or so. Maybe a couple of minutes in the fourth when they went small and moved Chalmers to the 2. I'd rather see him get some run which us what I think this is, not sure how much of a market there is for either Cole or Chalmers. I think thus mostly speaks to Wade feeling healthy and the return of Birdman. I bet Bazz is back soon.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen Bazz play that much since UConn, its what he needed. The kid loves to point the finger, its so reminiscent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom