Shabazz Speaks Up and then Shows Out | The Boneyard

Shabazz Speaks Up and then Shows Out

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Same reaction here. So cringeworthy that it almost seemed racially insensitive.

It would've been great if Lillard responded with something like "Brooke, it's culturally insensitive for you to appropriate a phrase used to discuss racial and socioeconomic consciousness to describe a basketball game."

Reaction Score
I might be stating the obvious here, but anybody else see our boy Bazz as a likely future coach? Liking the idea of him in a suit courtside down the road whether its at Central, UConn, or the Blazers

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
These are the kind of things that help me get
Through this rough season. We're very fortunate to have alumni like Shabazz, Kemba , Caron, etc. It's a Great story for KO to share with the team. Shabazz is gonna be a great coach one day.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The comments on the OP article are interesting, they think DL doesn't do a good job playing defense.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I might be stating the obvious here, but anybody else see our boy Bazz as a likely future coach? Liking the idea of him in a suit courtside down the road whether its at Central, UConn, or the Blazers
I joked during the 2014 run that it'll be awesome when he takes over from Ollie in 2040. But I kiiinda wasn't joking.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
"He's a tough ..."

They just find that out?:rolleyes:

"He's a tough " and

"He brought something out there that got us in a winning mentality" and

"He's a winner"

Yep. Miss that kid.

10 points, seven rebounds and six assists in just over 26 minutes off the bench... not bad.

Reaction Score
His rookie deal is up this year. Does he get another deal? So many dnp's this year. Hopefully he can use this game as a stepping stone and create some momentum for himself and earn more PT. From the games I've seen him play the past few years, I found that he's had a very difficult time creating space and getting his shot off and thus shot a terrible % from the field. His career fg % is 36% 34% from 3 :(

Reaction Score
His rookie deal is up this year. Does he get another deal? So many dnp's this year. Hopefully he can use this game as a stepping stone and create some momentum for himself and earn more PT. From the games I've seen him play the past few years, I found that he's had a very difficult time creating space and getting his shot off and thus shot a terrible % from the field. His career fg % is 36% 34% from 3 :(
Blazers picked up his guaranteed option for next year

Reaction Score
It would be awesome if he somehow ended up playing for Popp in san antonio. Mills and Parker are no spring chickens and I think he would absolutely flourish there

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The comments on the OP article are interesting, they think DL doesn't do a good job playing defense.

Nobody thinks Lillard plays good defense.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great job Bazz. I've always felt you would do well in the NBA. Hope these type of games continue and I'm correct.

There is some real good things to consider about Shabazz and how it relates to KO and Jalen. The game is different between Jalen and Bazz but both players have the same temperament imo. Jalen has a ways to go before he leads like Shabazz but he's made considerable strides in controlling his temper, sulking less and listening to the coaches. He gives credit to Kevin for this (not the sulky part but I bet it is part of the process) and I strongly consider the same took place for Shabazz the two years KO was head coach. Which is one of the reasons why I think it's ludicrous to dismiss KO's accomplishments the first two years by arguing the players were JC's.

Reaction Score
Great job Bazz. I've always felt you would do well in the NBA. Hope these type of games continue and I'm correct.

There is some real good things to consider about Shabazz and how it relates to KO and Jalen. The game is different between Jalen and Bazz but both players have the same temperament imo. Jalen has a ways to go before he leads like Shabazz but he's made considerable strides in controlling his temper, sulking less and listening to the coaches. He gives credit to Kevin for this (not the sulky part but I bet it is part of the process) and I strongly consider the same took place for Shabazz the two years KO was head coach. Which is one of the reasons why I think it's ludicrous to dismiss KO's accomplishments the first two years by arguing the players were JC's.

Kemba and his family who were at every game credited KO for his maturation and development as a PG. That's not to say JC didn't have an impact but KO working with the PGs has had a big impact with all of them since coming to the staff

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"Would you say this entire team is 'woke' right now?" - crinnnnnggggggggge

Awesome to hear this. Reading Shabazz's quotes too, it's the same kid we had here. He's a natural born leader.

I don't understand why reporters (or people) try to hamfist these things. Mind boggling stuff.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It would've been great if Lillard responded with something like "Brooke, it's culturally insensitive for you to appropriate a phrase used to discuss racial and socioeconomic consciousness to describe a basketball game."

After the first and then this cringeworthy statements back to back, I'd shoot myself.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Bazz gets 7 rebounds in an NBA game with limited playing time, Brimah can't get 7 rebounds playing knockout against 7th grade girls (he's still have to hold the ball y'know)

Reaction Score
C5d1sP1UoAABTkB.jpg:large

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom