Shabazz says what we are all thinking | The Boneyard

Shabazz says what we are all thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
” Warde, our AD, we don’t know what he’s doing."

http://blog.ctnews.com/uconnbasketball/2012/12/20/notesquotes-from-dec-20-i-kind-of-came-to-terms-with-no-matter-what-we-do-it’s-not-going-to-be-in-our-hands/

[admission to cherry picked quote to support my own agenda]
And picking another cherry:

...see that coach Ollie is just not about basketball. He’s about you being a man and maturing.

Of course that every student athlete says about their coach, but how many are sincere? I am of the opinion that anything we do will not influence Warde's decision.

Reaction Score
I will be very surprised if KO does not have a contract by January 15th.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sort of. I think that is exactly what Shabazz meant.
I took it as more the players don't know what WM's criteria will be to extend the contract. In his mind the players proved their goal of trying to help KO, but because WM had not already offered the extension, the criteria might be different.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Sort of. I think that is exactly what Shabazz meant.
This passage from the courant confirms my thoughts:

A little later, Napier expanded. ”It seems like [Warde Manuel] isn’t going to make his decision based on what we do o n the court, but more on what we do off the court, how we conduct ourselves, what we do in the classroom. I think everybody’s doing great academically.”

Reaction Score
Shabazz should play basketball. Never mind what the Athletic Director and the head coach are doing with respect to a contract. Manuel isn't going to tell him, nor should he, what the terms are for Ollie's extension or non-extension. Ollie shouldn't either. His sole responsibility in this matter is to play his best each time he takes the court. In fact, if either of those people were sharing that information with a member of the basketball team, that person ought to be told to clean out his desk before the end of the year.

Reaction Score
Shabazz should play basketball. Never mind what the Athletic Director and the head coach are doing with respect to a contract. Manuel isn't going to tell him, nor should he, what the terms are for Ollie's extension or non-extension. Ollie shouldn't either. His sole responsibility in this matter is to play his best each time he takes the court. In fact, if either of those people were sharing that information with a member of the basketball team, that person ought to be told to clean out his desk before the end of the year.

Yeah it sucks when a player shows support for the coach free scooter doesn't like!!:rolleyes:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
free, SN is who he is, just like you and me!. There are some shoulda's that everyone but the sick will agree, like not hurting, raping or killing babies and young ones. Aside from this how we think, feel and act is going to get quite a bit of disagreement. I read all the statements from the articles. I didn't get the impression he knocked WM.

Posters on The Boneyard however.................

Reaction Score
frankly it is inappropriate for Duffy to be asking him about it and its inappropriate for napier to be commenting on something he doesn't have any clue about. And Ollie ought to let him know that in no uncertain terms. Part of running a team is making sure guys don't spout off when they shouldn't.

Reaction Score
frankly it is inappropriate for Duffy to be asking him about it and its inappropriate for napier to be commenting on something he doesn't have any clue about. And Ollie ought to let him know that in no uncertain terms. Part of running a team is making sure guys don't spout off when they shouldn't.

If Shabazz said "I really think Warde should hold a national search after the season because this Ollie guy doesn't know anything about basketball" you would not be critical of him speaking out. His real crime was supporting Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
If Shabazz said "I really think Warde should hold a national search after the season because this Ollie guy doesn't know anything about basketball" you would not be critical of him speaking out. His real crime was supporting Kevin Ollie.
No, I would say, "Shabazz, shut up and play basketball. Who coaches the Huskies and how that coach is chosen is not your business." If you Kevin Ollie is not extended and Napier isn't happy, he can leave for the NBA, the D-league, Europe, China or transfer to another school. But while he is here he should play basketball. Leave the coaching decisions to those involved. And for what its worth, I would assume that any player would support his coach. Hell, the tight end even supported George DeLeone. But htere is a way to do that and a it was not how Shabazz did it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We could have a monitor for our AD and scooter would support it as long as it tried to cut the program's ties with JC and his progeny.

Oh, wait...

Nevermind.

Reaction Score
We could have a monitor for our AD and scooter would support it as long as it tried to cut the program's ties with JC and his progeny.

Oh, wait...

Nevermind.
If Jim Calhoun wanted to name a pine from his backyard as the new head coach, most of you guys would be fawning over the tree and telling us it really knows how to drop its needles...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If Jim Calhoun wanted to name a pine from his backyard as the new head coach, most of you guys would be fawning over the tree and telling us it really knows how to drop its needles...
Not likely. Pines aren't supposed to drop their needles unless they are cut down.

But at least we'd have someone to coach the big men.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Only freescooter gets to spout off in freescooter's world.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I can promise you that Calhoun has trees in his yard that know about this than you do.

Reaction Score

No offense freeScooter but thats a Clown Post

Reaction Score

If Calhoun wanted to name God head coach, you'd hate God's guts.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
why do you post here if you're gonna be such a negative nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog