Shabazz Napier in the NBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shabazz Napier in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
OK maybe he don't have the athletic but basketball isn't all about that Chris Paul don't even have much athleticism. Basketball isn't all about high flying and speedy athletes but your IQ has to be on point

You do realize Chris Paul is on the list of greatest point guards EVER. How much NBA do you realistically watch? By your posts you're just trolling...You've tried to make a point about Bazz and mentioned two of top 50 greatest players of all time.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You sound stupid if you think Shabazz can't do that and he plays and dominate the ball as much as Rondo

He can't. Or he would be doing it. Rondo has freakishly long arms and larger than life hands (no Kawhi jokes please), like a small forwards. He's got a wingspan that stretches him to an effective height of 6'9, and he's got bigger hands than Lebron James! He has such a physical advantage on Shabazz it's not even fair.

Also, he's faster, more athletic, can get to the rim at will, and if he has his head screwed on right, can play lock down D. He's a 4 time NBA all Defense guy without even trying his hardest. Throw in ridiculous court vision and BBIQ as well.

Can't believe I need to write this out.

Reaction Score
OK maybe he don't have the athletic but basketball isn't all about that Chris Paul don't even have much athleticism. Basketball isn't all about high flying and speedy athletes but your IQ has to be on point

;)

Reaction Score
Why does every thread seem to evolve into a pissing match....

Reaction Score
That's how I kno you don't know basketball because everything isn't built on stats
Any chance you'll be able to make a coherent post at some point, or is what we've seen so far representative of what we'll see going forward?

Reaction Score
If I were Shabazz I would have no issues playing out my days in Italy or wherever

Reaction Score
Chris Paul is still a great athlete even after the surgeries on his meniscus in his left knee. Paul is 6'0", you can't do stuff like this in game without being a great athlete, and this is on top of his incredible quickness.

Reaction Score
I've barely watched him at all in the NBA, but a lot of his struggles were predictable. Size, obviously, is a limiting factor, as is athleticism. He was always going to have a tough time guarding, a tough time generating easy baskets at the rim or from the line.

His shooting difficulty does surprise me a little bit, though. He was one of the best tough shot-makers to ever play here - even if it's a lot tougher to get your own shot in the NBA than it is in college, I can't imagine his shot chart consists of exclusively contested shots.

Why can't you imagine that? He didn't get separation in college, he's obviously not getting any playing against bigger, better athletes. He'll always be a Husky legend, but if anyone thought his NBA career would turn out any other way then you're crazy.

Reaction Score
Why can't you imagine that? He didn't get separation in college, he's obviously not getting any playing against bigger, better athletes. He'll always be a Husky legend, but if anyone thought his NBA career would turn out any other way then you're crazy.
I thought he had a chance to me a nice bench spark like say a Patty mills on the Spurs but I guess it wasn't meant to be

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought he had a chance to me a nice bench spark like say a Patty mills on the Spurs but I guess it wasn't meant to be
if anyone thought his NBA career would turn out any other way then you're crazy.

Jesus guys, his entire NBA career is not yet written. He might get 10+ years in the league if he can become a dead eye shooter (and that's a possibility).

He's not going to be Christ Paul, but there's a whole lot of ground between that and bust.

Reaction Score
You sound stupid if you think Shabazz can't do that and he plays and dominate the ball as much as Rondo

Haha, I love Shabazz but this is comical. Rondo is not what he used to be, but to me he is still a top tier PG in the league. Shabazz can't even get time on the court, on what NBA team could he do what Rondo is doing/has done? I do believe Shabazz will be a decent player in the league if he gets in the right situation, but I wouldn't go as far as comparing him to Rondo

Reaction Score
He has had plenty of time to show what he can do. It is time for Bazz to earn minutes so the idea he hasn't had enough PT isn't valid. He cant be just an average shooter and make it in the NBA because his other skills don't jump out at you. He probably has this season and next to turn it around or he will be playing overseas and that is not a terrible thing. His shot is better than he has showed so I know we are all pulling for him to get it back.

caw

Reaction Score
Not every PG in the NBA can hit open shots. That is true. The difference usually is that those who can't have another NBA skill, or two, they are great at doing. Bazz has yet to show he is great at anything in the NBA.

He has a great shot but he has trouble getting clean looks in the NBA. He is a very good ball handler and passer but doesn't have the elite speed to get around defenders in the NBA and if he does, he isn't finishing at the rim, or on the break. It's not that he isn't athletic but he certainly hasn't figured out how to play in the NBA. Have to think a decent amount is confidence, because he is also missing FTs which just isn't him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Shabazz's skills helped him to do outstanding things against collegiate competition. But sometimes it just isn't enough to translate to the NBA game. Driving through the trees against Patric Young and Chane Behanan is one thing, but it's just a world apart where he is now. As others have stated, his natural limitations with size and athleticism are just not enough to offset the skill dropoff.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kemba has been looking terrific, shabazz with a lot of nifty passes

Reaction Score
Bazz has heart and savvy. That should keep him in the league awhile.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Payton strips Kemba. Kemba strips him right back, dives on the ball, and calls timeout sith exactly 14 seconds left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom