Shabazz Napier in the NBA | The Boneyard

Shabazz Napier in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its an understatement to say that he has been struggling in the NBA. Does anybody think he can turn this around because at the rate he is going he doesnt have many years left in the league.

Reaction Score
If he can't find a jumper by next year I think he's done. Bazz doesn't bring enough to the table as an NBA player to get by without being able to knock down jumpshots at his size. Fortunately for him Orlando picked up his option for next year, but even with that, at the salary he's making it would be nothing for Orlando to eat that cost.

Reaction Score
He doesn't get enough time in the games. From what I see if he can play 15 to 25 min he will contribute. He is an excellent play maker and does knock down open shots. He just have to find the right team,system to play. Orlando is not it

Reaction Score
He doesn't get enough time in the games. From what I see if he can play 15 to 25 min he will contribute. He is an excellent play maker and does knock down open shots. He just have to find the right team,system to play. Orlando is not it
Every pro knocks down open shots, that is not an accomplishment.

I am all for him getting more mins but he needs to play and shoot better for that to happen.

Reaction Score
Every pro knocks down open shots, that is not an accomplishment.

I am all for him getting more mins but he needs to play and shoot better for that to happen.
Every player do not knock down open shots. LeBron can't even knock down open shots but what I'm trying to say is that it's hard to be a consistent player with the little minutes he averages

Reaction Score
I wish he were on Brooklyn, he could actually show what he can do. If only Philly made a trade with ORL for him instead of getting Ish Smith, I think Bazz could be that guy putting up 10 dimes a game for them

Reaction Score
I've barely watched him at all in the NBA, but a lot of his struggles were predictable. Size, obviously, is a limiting factor, as is athleticism. He was always going to have a tough time guarding, a tough time generating easy baskets at the rim or from the line.

His shooting difficulty does surprise me a little bit, though. He was one of the best tough shot-makers to ever play here - even if it's a lot tougher to get your own shot in the NBA than it is in college, I can't imagine his shot chart consists of exclusively contested shots.

Reaction Score
I wish he were on Brooklyn, he could actually show what he can do. If only Philly made a trade with ORL for him instead of getting Ish Smith, I think Bazz could be that guy putting up 10 dimes a game for them
That's the issue, its about team fit for borderline but good players. Bazz has a size deficit so his margin for error is much lower that other teammates. Its not like he was a lights out shooter at UConn, he was more a big shot shooter with penetration and ball handling skills.

What this proves is that the NBA is a different animal. I'd like to see a study of how all first team AAs fared in their NBA career, particularly which ones excelled. Boston's Thomas is flourishing and a few other 'small' guards, so they certainly belong.

As for Bazz I wonder how his confidence is doing, because he thrives as a confident baller.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Every player do not knock down open shots. LeBron can't even knock down open shots but what I'm trying to say is that it's hard to be a consistent player with the little minutes he averages

What NBA are you talking about? People Shabazz's size don't have the luxury of size or athleticism, they need to be able to be a consistent player regardless of circumstances if they want to stay in the NBA. Also why did you mention Lebron?

Reaction Score
Hard to say you know much about basketball
Solid come back, real burn. Watch more men's basketball, if you do not think pros, especially guards, knock down open jumpers at a ridiculously high percentage you clearly do not watch the NBA or have any idea what you are talking about.

As for your Lebron comment, nothing needs to be said about it, you did a fine job looking foolish with it on your own.

Reaction Score
I think coaches like him , he'll stick around . Randomly go off like that one game vs lakers. He would be fun on like the sixers , magic/heat just have too many talented guards.

Reaction Score
Your mind is going to be blown the day you discover math and statistics exist.
That's how I kno you don't know basketball because everything isn't built on stats

Reaction Score
Solid come back, real burn. Watch more men's basketball, if you do not think pros, especially guards, knock down open jumpers at a ridiculously high percentage you clearly do not watch the NBA or have any idea what you are talking about.

As for your Lebron comment, nothing needs to be said about it, you did a fine job looking foolish with it on your own.
I played watch every single game that comes on and no not every guard knocks down every jumper
Rondo? Plenty more but I'll stop there

Reaction Score
I played watch every single game that comes on and no not every guard knocks down every jumper
You cannot even put a sentence together let alone discuss basketball. Go back to the woman's board.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If he can't find a jumper by next year I think he's done. Bazz doesn't bring enough to the table as an NBA player to get by without being able to knock down jumpshots at his size. Fortunately for him Orlando picked up his option for next year, but even with that, at the salary he's making it would be nothing for Orlando to eat that cost.

I've got to think, given his stroke, that he can lock this down. You know he's going to put in the work. Anyway, pulling for the kid.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Do you know how good Rondo is at the other aspects of the game? He can get 20 assists WITHOUT a jump shot. That's insane.

If he had a good jumper, he might be the most complete PG ever. Too bad he doesn't and is a head case to boot.

Reaction Score
What NBA are you talking about? People Shabazz's size don't have the luxury of size or athleticism, they need to be able to be a consistent player regardless of circumstances if they want to stay in the NBA. Also why did you mention Lebron?
OK maybe he don't have the athletic but basketball isn't all about that Chris Paul don't even have much athleticism. Basketball isn't all about high flying and speedy athletes but your IQ has to be on point

Reaction Score
Do you know how good Rondo is at the other aspects of the game? He can get 20 assists WITHOUT a jump shot. That's insane.

If he had a good jumper, he might be the most complete PG ever. Too bad he doesn't and is a head case to boot.
You sound stupid if you think Shabazz can't do that and he plays and dominate the ball as much as Rondo

Reaction Score
It's Kemba vs. Bazz tonight as the Magic take on the Hornets. Should be interesting, although with nappy-headed Payton playing well lately we might not see much of Bazz.

Last edited:

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
OK maybe he don't have the athletic but basketball isn't all about that Chris Paul don't even have much athleticism. Basketball isn't all about high flying and speedy athletes but your IQ has to be on point
And you have to make open jumpshots.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom