Shabazz is AS clutch as Kemba | The Boneyard

Shabazz is AS clutch as Kemba

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

I don't care what the rest of the yarders think. Look at shabazz's OT stats. You can't honestly tell me that Kemba is better. Kembas FG% was much lower. Shabazz has a clutch genetic in him that is abnormal.

Well, maybe not better than Kemba, but he's certainly up there with him. Equal im my book.

Reaction Score
I don't care what the rest of the yarders think. Look at shabazz's OT stats. You can't honestly tell me that Kemba is better. Kembas FG% was much lower. Shabazz has a clutch genetic in him that is abnormal.

Well, maybe not better than Kemba, but he's certainly up there with him. Equal im my book.

Kemba dragged UConn to a championship. Love Napier but it is still not close.

Reaction Score

Yeah.... about that. But seriously, Kemba carried a team with mediocre talent to 5 wins in 5 days (which was impossible) and then to a championship. Shabazz has been great in clutch time, but let's not get carried away.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Not going to argue against Kemba, but worth noting Shabazz hit the two most clutch free throws of our title run in 2011. Sealed it against Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Not a fair comparison. There's a big difference between hitting big shots with time to go versus having the ball in your hands, tied or down 1, with the shot clock off, and every single player knowing you're going to be the one taking the shot.

Reaction Score
Chills.. Until Shabazz does something equal or greater then we may need to table this discussion. My gosh, Kemba! & it's true, it's not a fair comparison (yet) ...

Reaction Score
give me ben kemba or bazz at the end of the game and ill go home happy

Reaction Score

And you are as stoned as Chong.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is tuff. on one hand kemba was amazing. he was clutch, he was all heart and hustle and it was his year 2 to 3 improvement that was so special. he took a young team that just got hammered by the ncaa as a program and did a amazing thing. 5 for 5, maui and the ncaat were all special. but heres a honest thought on kemba, if bazz doesn't leave hs early and take classes all summer to qualify in the fall and get into college a year early, do we or kemba have the year we had? i dont think so. the biggest thing all year was that bazz was the 1st off the bench and he would come in and kemba would go to the 2 and then we would explode. it was the same deal every game. bazz just being on the court between some deep 3's and his pg vision made that year happen with kemba. kemba stole the show with clutch shots and highlights and everything, but bazz was the role player that made the team go.

now without kemba and a even more beat up roster, bazz is taking ko in year 1 to high ground quick. bazz is a very serious player for uconns all time list. some of his stats may not be tops, but his overall resume at uconn will be a extremely special one. being a local kid like kemba also is just more icing on icing on icing on the cake.

Reaction Score
this is tuff. on one hand kemba was amazing. he was clutch, he was all heart and hustle and it was his year 2 to 3 improvement that was so special. he took a young team that just got hammered by the ncaa as a program and did a amazing thing. 5 for 5, maui and the ncaat were all special. but heres a honest thought on kemba, if bazz doesn't leave hs early and take classes all summer to qualify in the fall and get into college a year early, do we or kemba have the year we had? i dont think so. the biggest thing all year was that bazz was the 1st off the bench and he would come in and kemba would go to the 2 and then we would explode. it was the same deal every game. bazz just being on the court between some deep 3's and his pg vision made that year happen with kemba. kemba stole the show with clutch shots and highlights and everything, but bazz was the role player that made the team go.

now without kemba and a even more beat up roster, bazz is taking ko in year 1 to high ground quick. bazz is a very serious player for uconns all time list. some of his stats may not be tops, but his overall resume at uconn will be a extremely special one. being a local kid like kemba also is just more icing on icing on icing on the cake.

Shabazz was the player that made that team go? Really?! He was a real good role player for that squad, but that would be like saying Niels is the player that is making this team go.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Shabazz was the player that made that team go? Really?! He was a real good role player for that squad, but that would be like saying Niels is the player that is making this team go.

no. maybe u didnt understand me. kemba was a hella lot better when bazz was on the court becuase it allowed him to play off ball. without bazz, kemba would had to handle the rock a lot more every game and the wear and tear of that would have taken its toll along with the fact that he was better at the 2 that year anyway.

Reaction Score
Come on obviously Kemba was the player that made the team go, don't get caught up with semantics, you can tell what Dan's trying to say.

Reaction Score
Bazz got some got-damn brass balls.
Sumvabitch can PLAY!

The Overtime Assassin!

Reaction Score
Come on obviously Kemba was the player that made the team go, don't get caught up with semantics, you can tell what Dan's trying to say.

I almost never know what Dan is trying to say.

Reaction Score
no. maybe u didnt understand me. kemba was a hella lot better when bazz was on the court becuase it allowed him to play off ball. without bazz, kemba would had to handle the rock a lot more every game and the wear and tear of that would have taken its toll along with the fact that he was better at the 2 that year anyway.

Ahhhh okay that makes more sense.

Reaction Score
I almost never know what Dan is trying to say.
Nobody does, I thought this was one of the clearest thoughts he's ever had here though. We don't win the title if Shabazz didn't reclassify and play here.

Reaction Score
wow dan must be sober. spot on, it was like clockwork that we would start sluggish and go on a run when bazz came in

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I love Bazz, I love this team, but c'mon man

especially since there is no comparison when considering the size of the stage

Reaction Score
To be fair, we also don't win the title if Jeremy Lamb doesn't blow up, or if Tyler Olander doesn't get here (he played well in the NCAAT).

Basketball is indeed a team game, and chemistry is so important, you don't win removing even one of the ingredients. Shabazz was the fourth best player on that team, and probably the 2nd or 3rd most important. We don't win without him.

Reaction Score

Damn I wish I could get this excited over a Cincy win. You must have just come down from the cuse game only to go up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom