Shabazz has achieved at minimum CARON+ status. Maybe more. | The Boneyard

Shabazz has achieved at minimum CARON+ status. Maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Caron is high level around here. Very high. Rudy Gay is high level. Shabazz is to me right there with my all time favorites: Khalid El Amin, Rip Hamilton, Ricky Moore, Ben Gordon, Emeka Okafor, the knee breaker - Kemba, Ray, Shabazz, Donny, Donyell, Caron, Taliek, AJ, Kevin. That's my list.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Caron's team was pretty sketchy. Selvie was the second best player on that team. It is hard to compare this team to that one.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be mad if they hung Bazz's jersey early like they did Kemba . This final four means more and has more value because of all the uncertainty and BS the program went through. Plus this Final 4 signifies that the program is here to stay and in good hands . Bazz started with a program saving final 4 and ' ship and he's leaving with a program saving final 4...... And 'ship.

Reaction Score
Bazz is up there with anyone. Four years to Kembas three, and with Kemba the only player to take UConn to a Final Four after having been to one and contributed as a frosh.

Rudy Gay, by the way, is not on that list. A great player to be sure, but UConn gets as far without him his two years in the program as it did with him.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My son asked me back in November "If Shabazz does what Kemba did will he be the best UConn player (college only) ever?". My response was "If he does that it will be very difficult to argue against it".

Reaction Score
Bazz is up there with anyone. Four years to Kembas three, and with Kemba the only player to take UConn to a Final Four after having been to one and contributed as a frosh.

Rudy Gay, by the way, is not on that list. A great player to be sure, but UConn gets as far without him his two years in the program as it did with him.

Rudy Gay is nowhere near any all time husky list as far as im concerned. As far Bazz goes if your name isnt kemba,Emeka or Rip consider yourself in Bazzs rear view mirror.

Reaction Score
i put bazz as number one just for the loyalty had he transferred where would we be?

2 final fours 1 championship with a chance of another champion ship ... he's already putting kemba like numbers this tourney

Reaction Score
Bazz is having a historic college career, if he wins another title he will be with an elite group.

Reaction Score
What's amazing is that after Kemba's year I never thought we'd be comparing anyone to him so soon. But Shabazz is magical And while I don't expect Boat to be in this same conversation I feel confident he will also amaze us next year.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Shabazz has reached immediate Husky of Honor status. Whenever this season ends, however it ends, the minute that young man steps off the team bus outside of Gampel, he should have a ceremony to retire 13.

Been saying this all year. He means EVEN MORE to the program than his stats. Love him

Reaction Score
Caron's team was pretty sketchy. Selvie was the second best player on that team. It is hard to compare this team to that one.
we have "likes" on the board. I really wish we had the ability to "dislike" too. All hail Shabazz, that is what this post is about!

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
For point guards in the Calhoun-Ollie Era? Napier's right up there with KEA and just a shade below Walker. If we win the thing, he's alone. He'd have two rings.
Chew on THAT.
BTW, Rudy Gay was an underachieving, coldblooded technocrat. IMHO, of course.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For point guards in the Calhoun-Ollie Era? Napier's right up there with KEA and just a shade below Walker. If we win the thing, he's alone. He'd have two rings.
Chew on THAT.
BTW, Rudy Gay was an underachieving, coldblooded technocrat. IMHO, of course.

Come on man. JC basically forced him out the door because he was going to be a lottery pick. Rudy wanted to come back for his Jr year.

As to the main convo, not intersted in having this conversation yet.

Reaction Score
I don't like doing "top 10" lists. I like separating it into Tiers. And Shabazz is now Tier 1. Pretty Exclusive Group.

Tier 1

Kemba - 1st Team AA. National Title Alpha. 2 Final Fours, 5 days at Garden.
RIP - 1st Team AA. 1st National Title Alpha. Got us over the 'hump'
Emeka - 1st Team AA. National Title Alpha.
Shabazz - 1st Team AA. National Title. 2 Final Fours. Program Bridge(Calhoun-Ollie). Most clutch shots in UConn History.

My distinction is 1st team AA and National Champions for Tier 1. You can Argue about MAYBE expanding Tier 1 to include the Ray/Caron/Donyell group on that list because of their collective body of work/level of play, but the reality is none of them even made it to a final four. Khalid was a great player but really just isn't of Shabazz caliber as a player, was never an All-American. Shabazz body of work dominates Khalids.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Caron is high level around here. Very high. Rudy Gay is high level. Shabazz is to me right there with my all time favorites: Khalid El Amin, Rip Hamilton, Ricky Moore, Ben Gordon, Emeka Okafor, the knee breaker - Kemba, Ray, Shabazz, Donny, Donyell, Caron, Taliek, AJ, Kevin. That's my list.
Rudy Gay???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01