Shabazz 32 points | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shabazz 32 points

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My theory is they were giving bazz and Quarterman both an opportunity to show out, bazz made his point by having two straight games of 25+, and doing so the second time before the 4th quarter. Made the most of his opportunity.

Reaction Score
I love what I saw last night with his 25 point performance.

Reaction Score
I'm watching the game and it's really sloppy. Bazz can definitely get his points in iso but he doesn't look good running an offense. The big thing that sticks out is he picks up his dribble too often really far from the basket, and it's usually because he hesitates to pass to guys coming off or around screens.

Good to see he's still got that mid range game, and seems to be getting his shooting touch back

Not totally fair to judge when you're playing so few minutes with those players. They don't play enough together to get into a fluid offensive rhythm. I think the biggest concern with him by far is defending other guards who are often much taller. But in a league where Isaiah Thomas and Kemba can succeed, I really don't see why Shabazz sees no minutes at all. He needs to find a team where he can get minutes, not sure Portland will get there with him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bazz in the man but he doesn't seem to find a place in the NBA
While he is making good , can't help but think he would be happier playing lots of ball in Europe
One of my top 5 Huskies - ONIONS

Reaction Score
Not totally fair to judge when you're playing so few minutes with those players. They don't play enough together to get into a fluid offensive rhythm. I think the biggest concern with him by far is defending other guards who are often much taller. But in a league where Isaiah Thomas and Kemba can succeed, I really don't see why Shabazz sees no minutes at all. He needs to find a team where he can get minutes, not sure Portland will get there with him.
Personally Bazz ran the offense just fine in the first half besides some sloppy plays. He definitely looked better running the offense than the other point guard. I loved that bazz's shot is back and he can get to any point on the court effortlessly. I even liked his fast hands on defense. He might have to find another NBA team to make it but he definitely has the talent to succeed at this level.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shabazz secured himself a contract for next year over the past couple games. I'm sure the Blazers, 76ers, Bulls, and maybe the Heat or Nuggets will have interest. Really happy for him.

Reaction Score
Shabazz secured himself a contract for next year over the past couple games. I'm sure the Blazers, 76ers, Bulls, and maybe the Heat or Nuggets will have interest. Really happy for him.

The Blazers already exercised their 4th year option on Shabazz so he is guaranteed $2.3M next year. The Blazers have his 5th year qualifying offer at $3.25M for the 18-19 season. It would be sweet if the Blazers were impressed enough to keep him at that price. If they don't make thequalifying offer Bazz is a restricted FA. Whether he goes the Ollie track when his rookie contract is up is still a question. His size limits him to a back-up role, but he is proving his value to the league. He is staying in shape and sets a great example for younger players. Very similar to Ollie.

Reaction Score
Personally Bazz ran the offense just fine in the first half besides some sloppy plays. He definitely looked better running the offense than the other point guard. I loved that bazz's shot is back and he can get to any point on the court effortlessly. I even liked his fast hands on defense. He might have to find another NBA team to make it but he definitely has the talent to succeed at this level.
He's the one of two true PGs on the team, and Lillard was sitting. So he was definitely the only PG playing last night. But at his size I think it would be fair to expect him to facilitate the offense exceptionally well if he's gonna get a starting PG role in the NBA, and I don't think that has ever been something he specializes in, but he does seem to be thinking about it and working hard at it. And if he played with the same guys consistently, I don't see why he couldn't get there.

He was always a good passer and took pretty good control of the ball. If you're trying to blow people with a chance at real playing time for two nights then you're bound to get a little careless.

I don't think his size is truly a limiting factor for a true PG. Tons of guards have made it at his size and had great success. The Celtics are officially the top team in the East now and Thomas is a lot shorter than Bazz. It's a disadvantage, but it's by no means completely prohibiting.

Reaction Score
Shabazz is going to be in league for 10 years like Kev Ollie hopefully he goes somewhere they need him in the process

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom