Shabaaz Napier to the Warriors? | The Boneyard

Shabaaz Napier to the Warriors?

Reaction Score
he was regulated to bench second half of season for poor play on nets, love shabazz.. but don’t love his chances on that team. brooklyn gave him every chance.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He'd fit with Lakers and I hope they grab him. Although I'm a Celtics fan I love Lebron and AD and think Bazz would flourish with them. Scratch the pass between he and Bazz comments when drafted by Heat.

Reaction Score
There's a good chance he sticks with the Warriors if for no other reason than money. They have to fill out 9 roster spots with like $15m before they hit their hard cap. I don't think they're going to find a better backup PG than Bazz at the $1.8m he's making

Reaction Score
Actually thought he played pretty good and had a few huge games but was odd man out once when Dinwiddy and LeVert became healthy.
i mean he shot 39% from the floor, 33% from 3, 2:1 a:t. love the guy but a few good games isn’t going to get you to stick.

Reaction Score
There's a good chance he sticks with the Warriors if for no other reason than money. They have to fill out 9 roster spots with like $15m before they hit their hard cap. I don't think they're going to find a better backup PG than Bazz at the $1.8m he's making

Yeah it's a strange situation. He's good for them for the quality vs. price thing, but they STILL might have to cut him in order to sign someone for an even cheaper minimum (1.3 vs. 1.8 mil or whatever).

I don't think they had to take him for salary cap reasons, so either they took him because he's non-guaranteed and they can waive him with no penalty, OR they like him at his price.

They have to decide on guaranteeing his salary by the 10th, so we'll know either way then.

Reaction Score
He'd fit with Lakers and I hope they grab him. Although I'm a Celtics fan I love Lebron and AD and think Bazz would flourish with them. Scratch the pass between he and Bazz comments when drafted by Heat.
I was literally just thinking the Lakers could be a landing spot for Shabazz. Would be a cheap deal for him but exposure could help him in the long run. Either with finding his next deal or sticking with the Lakers. I don't really know the current make-up of the Warriors or if they need another back-up point guard. Assume they still have Cook under contract?

Reaction Score
I was literally just thinking the Lakers could be a landing spot for Shabazz. Would be a cheap deal for him but exposure could help him in the long run. Either with finding his next deal or sticking with the Lakers. I don't really know the current make-up of the Warriors or if they need another back-up point guard. Assume they still have Cook under contract?

Cook has a qualifying offer from the Warriors, so he's a restricted free agent, but they might pull it and let him go if they need the space (and they have basically no chance of matching if another team gives him an offer).

Reaction Score
i mean he shot 39% from the floor, 33% from 3, 2:1 a:t. love the guy but a few good games isn’t going to get you to stick.
Not really what happened, watched most the Nets games last year....once the other guards got healthy in 2nd half of season there were no minutes for him anymore. He played well enough in 1st half of season when he had the opportunity but healthy Levert, Dinwiddie and even Crabbe were ahead of him in rotation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cook has a qualifying offer from the Warriors, so he's a restricted free agent, but they might pull it and let him go if they need the space (and they have basically no chance of matching if another team gives him an offer).
Is Quinn Cook better than Shabazz Napier? Asking for a friend

Reaction Score
Yeah it's a strange situation. He's good for them for the quality vs. price thing, but they STILL might have to cut him in order to sign someone for an even cheaper minimum (1.3 vs. 1.8 mil or whatever).

I don't think they had to take him for salary cap reasons, so either they took him because he's non-guaranteed and they can waive him with no penalty, OR they like him at his price.

They have to decide on guaranteeing his salary by the 10th, so we'll know either way then.

Hoping he sticks!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Isn't he behind both Curry and DLo now in the PG rotation at GS? Not a good place to be.

Reaction Score
I think he's a perfect Warrior in that he does almost everything well, can shoot from deep and moves the ball exceptionally well. I just hope Steve Kerr agrees.
Shabazz is not a good shooter in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Isn't he behind both Curry and DLo now in the PG rotation at GS? Not a good place to be.

Very tough but even on any other team it would be difficult for Shabazz to stay in the league. The PG position is so stacked. You literally have to be one of the 100 most skilled players in the world to be be a PG on an nba roster and even if you are, you could be replaced by someone younger with more potential for the backup or 3rd PG spot on a team.

Reaction Score
he was regulated to bench second half of season for poor play on nets, love shabazz.. but don’t love his chances on that team. brooklyn gave him every chance.

Well, just wait until de-regulation hits the Warriors..

Reaction Score
Seems like a long time ago when Kerr said Bazz is a starting PG in this league.

Reaction Score
More importantly, Bazz has proven himself to be a 3rd stringer.
When he got minutes in Brooklyn, I thought he played well. Maybe I am biased, but I think he can contribute regularly and be part of the second unit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom