SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, that's a very accurate statement. Seems to give off good vibes and knows how to show a guy a good time.

The thing I liked about the Queens kid via Putnam was that he liked the fact he got a key to a gym 24/7 - that's the type of kid we need. No offense APR guys!

I love how you've invented the "APR guys" straw men - as if there is a single UConn fan who cares more about the APR than wins and losses.

H

huskymagic

VJ King would be a nice get, but to be honest I would much rather have Hamidou Diallo. With Larrier in the fold, UCONN is in good shape.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, that's a very accurate statement. Seems to give off good vibes and knows how to show a guy a good time.

The thing I liked about the Queens kid via Putnam was that he liked the fact he got a key to a gym 24/7 - that's the type of kid we need. No offense APR guys!

Mr. Chief,

I have a radical new notion for you. I know that you are well-versed in the old school of fundamentals and weak-side rebounding, but give this a whirl:

Maybe some of our new players like Shonn Miller can help us with our APR and on the court? They are not mutually exclusive. I think that you should ponder this. You love to cite your UConn history; think of Emeka Okafor graduating from the business school early and being one of the best big man to ever play for the program. Or Lasan Kromah, an instrumental piece of the '14 run.

These kids aren't being brought in to raise the academic profile. You are incorrect on that count. Our highly experienced staff has identified them as young men of considerable skill and talent who will put the team in a position to win and be successful. If any of them have added academic notoriety, that's just an added bonus.

I know that we peons are beneath you, but quite frankly I think you need to rethink your stance!

Reaction Score
Why am I taking a hit?
Not directed at you... just included your post to give context to Chief's post.

I am astounded by Chief's lack of self respect as he continues to post as if the Drummond lie never happened... especially as he continues to pretend he has inside access to the team or any players (so weird). Chief you will be amazed by what a simple apology and telling the truth from now can do in turning around the boneyard's perception of you.

You Mr. 99 are one of the few posters I actually believe that has some actual connection to the team. Continue to keep us plugged in and have a good weekend!

Reaction Score
Radio silence on the king visit. No one is talking.working but got nothing

caw

Reaction Score
Radio silence on the king visit. No one is talking.working but got nothing

Not much came out during his UL visit until it was over and still mostly what came from him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't know why I feel so good about our chances here.... The fact he didn't commit after the ul visit makes me think his handlers might be more into ul than he is... Just a gut feeling...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I don't know why I feel so good about our chances here.... The fact he didn't commit after the ul visit makes me think his handlers might be more into ul than he is... Just a gut feeling...
Maybe we have a puncher's chance. The question will be whether our recruits can go "ten toes in" with KO and UConn, or not. There were always going to be high ranked players who would not play for JC and I'm sure there will be some who won't play for KO. Please correct me if I am wrong, but if King has been to UConn before, met Ollie multiple times, and then chooses to come for his last visit, that's a pretty good sounding puncher's chance. Maybe the visit is for show somehow if he has already decided, but why bother?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe we have a puncher's chance. The question will be whether our recruits can go "ten toes in" with KO and UConn, or not. There were always going to be high ranked players who would not play for JC and I'm sure there will be some who won't play for KO. Please correct me if I am wrong, but if King has been to UConn before, met Ollie multiple times, and then chooses to come for his last visit, that's a pretty good sounding puncher's chance. Maybe the visit is for show somehow if he has already decided, but why bother?
He's been here once to my knowledge, for first night, which if I remember, he had one of the most glowing reviews from the night. I think we really do have a strong chance, otherwise he'd be committed to ul by now right?

C

Chief00

Mr. Chief,

I have a radical new notion for you. I know that you are well-versed in the old school of fundamentals and weak-side rebounding, but give this a whirl:

Maybe some of our new players like Shonn Miller can help us with our APR and on the court? They are not mutually exclusive. I think that you should ponder this. You love to cite your UConn history; think of Emeka Okafor graduating from the business school early and being one of the best big man to ever play for the program. Or Lasan Kromah, an instrumental piece of the '14 run.

These kids aren't being brought in to raise the academic profile. You are incorrect on that count. Our highly experienced staff has identified them as young men of considerable skill and talent who will put the team in a position to win and be successful. If any of them have added academic notoriety, that's just an added bonus.

I know that we peons are beneath you, but quite frankly I think you need to rethink your stance!

Stairmaster, I apologize if I was unclear about my APR position - I think good grades are dandy - but there are some posters who seem to do backflips when we get a 1,000 APR - for me I don't think that's the critical goal for the team - have a safe APR - there will be some guys who are sincere students with academic curiosity and that's wonderful - but yes call it old school - I love the guy who is thrilled to have the keys to the gym rather than the library!

And I think there is an old coach who privately would agree with me. Also, just for the record, one of my most controversial posts was that Emeka should spend more time practicing free throws and less time studying. But seriously I get it - Emeka was a great representative of our program. He also was more practical and down to earth than some give him credit for.

Reaction Score
Although I still think Louisville is still the favorite, I think we are their only competition.

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
Also, just for the record, one of my most controversial posts was that Emeka should spend more time practicing free throws and less time studying. But seriously I get it - Emeka was a great representative of our program. He also was more practical and down to earth than some give him credit for.

I think the insulation that Okafor didn't work hard enough on the basketball court is not controversial at all. A controversy implies that there is actually something worth arguing about.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster, I apologize if I was unclear about my APR position - I think good grades are dandy - but there are some posters who seem to do backflips when we get a 1,000 APR - for me I don't think that's the critical goal for the team - have a safe APR - there will be some guys who are sincere students with academic curiosity and that's wonderful - but yes call it old school - I love the guy who is thrilled to have the keys to the gym rather than the library!

And I think there is an old coach who privately would agree with me. Also, just for the record, one of my most controversial posts was that Emeka should spend more time practicing free throws and less time studying. But seriously I get it - Emeka was a great representative of our program. He also was more practical and down to earth than some give him credit for.

You're on another planet, dude. I love it. Keep fighting the good fight. You ever read Don Quixote? You'd love it - you guys are kindred spirits.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You're on another planet, dude. I love it. Keep fighting the good fight. You ever read Don Quixote? You'd love it - you guys are kindred spirits.

The real reason the Andre thing didn't work out; the burro he sent didn't get there in time.

Reaction Score

"handlers"? What are you even talking about?

Reaction Score
han·dler
ˈhandlər/
noun
  1. 2.
    a person who trains or has charge of an animal.
    "the performance of dog and handler in the ring must be accurate and correct"
9309296-large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32