Seton Hall vs Xavier tonight on FS1 at 6:30 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall vs Xavier tonight on FS1 at 6:30

Reaction Score
Tonight its Seton Hall vs Xavier at 6:30 on FS1. I think as a UConn fan I would root for Xavier because Seton Hall is right below us in the conference. So we need Seton Hall to lose.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Tonight its Seton Hall vs Xavier at 6:30 on FS1. I think as a UConn fan I would root for Xavier because Seton Hall is right below us in the conference. So we need Seton Hall to lose.
We can be one game behind Xavier if Seton Hall wins and we beat St John's.

Reaction Score
We need to root for both teams for NET rankings.

Currently Seton Hall is Q2 win, Q1 loss. If they fall a bit, it'll be Q3 win and Q2 loss.
Xavier is currently Q1 and Q2 loss. They could go to 2 Q1 losses.

I think we'd rather have the Seton Hall outcome, but that one is currently okay, so we just need them to stay close to the spread.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We need to root for both teams for NET rankings.
Then don't we need you to give us which team to root for based on the loser projecting outto have better victories in their final games to counteract the loss so that they both contribute to the maximum NET boost?
Is that even possible?
And will really it matter?

Reaction Score
We can be one game behind Xavier if Seton Hall wins and we beat St John's.
They beat us twice though so we’d need them to go 0-3 and us 3-0 to jump them. Very unlikely.

Reaction Score
Then don't we need you to give us which team to root for based on the loser projecting outto have better victories in their final games to counteract the loss so that they both contribute to the maximum NET boost?
Is that even possible?
And will really it matter?

The short answer is no, it doesn't. People assume that because the Committee has to start somewhere, and they start by grouping teams by quads, that they are so stupid and arbitrary that ultimately they give weight when actually comparing two teams carefully to whether they beat the 49 NET team or the 51 NET team.

We play every team in the conference twice. In terms of NCAA seedings, it means little who wins conference games that we're not in. If you're rooting to catch X, or stay ahead of the Hall, or making sure that Creighton doesn't finish 4th so we wouldn't play it until the finals, then take your pick. I'm rooting for Seton Hall because I badly want either X or Providence to finish behind Creighton and keep it on the opposite side of the bracket from us.

Reaction Score
The short answer is no, it doesn't. People assume that because the Committee has to start somewhere, and they start by grouping teams by quads, that they are so stupid and arbitrary that ultimately they give weight when actually comparing two teams carefully to whether they beat the 49 NET team or the 51 NET team.

We play every team in the conference twice. In terms of NCAA seedings, it means little who wins conference games that we're not in. If you're rooting to catch X, or stay ahead of the Hall, or making sure that Creighton doesn't finish 4th so we wouldn't play it until the finals, then take your pick. I'm rooting for Seton Hall because I badly want either X or Providence to finish behind Creighton and keep it on the opposite side of the bracket from us.
I would like to see Seton Hall somehow squeak into the tourney. More Big East teams in the tourney is always good.

Reaction Score

The quads are on their team sheets in shorthand records and all the games are listed grouped by quad. So the quads are on the teamsheets twice. It's absolutely a subliminal psychological effect as opposed to a real overt criteria,

The committee has actual subjective opinions on teams that supersede the metrics and quads, but if there's disagreement, there has to be something to break the tie. It's just easy to let the "objective facts" sway the day in the end. And if you're in a different quad, you show up on the sheet in a whole different column and as a different 'fact".

Reaction Score
I was hoping for a good, competitive Friday night BE matchup and then Seton Hall asked for its beer back

Reaction Score
Anyone have any information on Freemantle’s injury timeline? Will he be back for the BET?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone have any information on Freemantle’s injury timeline? Will he be back for the BET?

I think he’s going through warmups before games, but there’s no date for a return.

Next week would be right in that four week window they originally stated.

Reaction Score
The Top 5 of the BE are a large notch above the rest of the league. That being said, Seton Hall, Nova and even DePaul are good enough that they would be in the top 2-3 of the AAC

Reaction Score
Seton Hall pressure getting to Xavier in this second half

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The Top 5 of the BE are a large notch above the rest of the league. That being said, Seton Hall, Nova and even DePaul are good enough that they would be in the top 2-3 of the AAC
Seton Hall: yes. Nova: maybe. DePaul: no.

Reaction Score
Xavier is running out of players and still beating these guys by 20. Pathetic showing by Hall.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Seton Hall's season was destroyed by Siena. They win that game they probably get in March Madness with 19 wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom