Seton Hall Pre-Game Press | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Pre-Game Press

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I know he is not happy with the guards now but I thought his answer that all the posts are similar and that does not really bode well to help our guards pretty rough.

Reaction Score
Boy! He’s had a bellyful of some things on this team! I’m predicting a rejuvenated Geno next season! All we can do for this year is hope something changes and/or Paige & Azzi come back healthy.

Reaction Score
"We have a couple guys that don't go hard and don't pay attention." Wonder who he was referring to there. Maybe that's why there always seems to be two players that never get in the game no matter how thin the rotation.

Reaction Score
Back in the third week of November UConn said Azzi would be out two to three weeks for a stress reaction. It's been nine weeks. Something is up? My new nickname for Fudd is a Dud. Just kidding folks!!!!!

Reaction Score
Back in the third week of November UConn said Azzi would be out two to three weeks for a stress reaction. It's been nine weeks. Something is up? My new nickname for Fudd is a Dud. Just kidding folks!!!!!

It was said she would be re-evaluated. Nothing is up. She has begun jogging on the treadmill, etc.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We all keep saying, wait until Paige and Azzi come back. The problem I see is, there is no guarantee that either will be back. Sure, they will try to, but I'm pretty sure that if there is any pain, or anything out of the ordinary happens surrounding their injuries, Geno would just shut them down for the season and have them do more rehab and rest so they will be 100% next season. Like he said, we have to worry about this team as is, and not think about what will be, because that may not come to pass. All they can do is listen to the doctors, listen to their trainers, and hope for the best. We all want them back ASAP, but for their future, and the future of the team, being cautious is what they will have to be.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I thought this was one of Geno's better pre-game pressers. First, you could actually hear the questions being asked at least for the most part, and Geno was upbeat and smiled. He did not seem like he was just going through the motions. My favorite part was when he asked the media "who makes the most shots in practice". None of the media got it correctly even though they blurted out several players, but the answer made perfect sense: Caroline!

Reaction Score
"We have a couple guys that don't go hard and don't pay attention." Wonder who he was referring to there.
This Geno quote is surprising & concerning.

Considering all recent developments & by process of elimination, one of these would appear to be Evina Westbrook, which is shocking if true. She was the guard that did not execute Geno’s explicit play re-run out of TO v Oregon that he referenced in postgame PC, & she seemed to be going through motions & not being assertive otherwise throughout that, her homecoming game (!).

Geno has been outspoken criticizing his guard play. CW out in protocol, Paige/Azzi injured, so Nika only other potential culprit but she ALWAYS plays hard. Caroline Ducharme more of wing & also has largely carried this team recently, while her freshman status would seem to give her enough cover to escape this Geno sharp media callout, otherwise.

ONO was their best player in Oregon & has been rightly praised for her recent consistency. Though up-and-down, Dorka & Aliyah seem to at least play hard, though latter could be one of his referenced culprits.

Of course, young posts AD & PG obvious candidates for this Geno critical remark but feels like he’s referencing rotation player(s), plus neither are guards— the explicit object of his scorn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kids in college hit a point where they're ready to move on to the next phase in their life. Staying for that extra year sounds good at first, but then you realize that you have had enough and should have moved on.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
"We have a couple guys that don't go hard and don't pay attention." Wonder who he was referring to there. Maybe that's why there always seems to be two players that never get in the game no matter how thin the rotation.
I can easily imagine one. A second is a mystery given what GA has said in the past.

Reaction Score
Kids in college hit a point where they're ready to move on to the next phase in their life. Staying for that extra year sounds good at first, but then you realize that you have had enough and should have moved on.
Most kids say college are the best four years of their life and are reluctant to "move on" .. eh?

Reaction Score
For Fudd to prove she is not a Dud, she has to bring her game, not her name, eh?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Maybe it was my phone's fault, but at the beginning of the presser, Liv sounded like she had a congestion issue, maybe battling a cold. But hope it was just a sound distortion from my phone.

Reaction Score
We all keep saying, wait until Paige and Azzi come back. The problem I see is, there is no guarantee that either will be back. Sure, they will try to, but I'm pretty sure that if there is any pain, or anything out of the ordinary happens surrounding their injuries, Geno would just shut them down for the season and have them do more rehab and rest so they will be 100% next season. Like he said, we have to worry about this team as is, and not think about what will be, because that may not come to pass. All they can do is listen to the doctors, listen to their trainers, and hope for the best. We all want them back ASAP, but for their future, and the future of the team, being cautious is what they will have to be.
I don’t think any of us can offer an informed judgement as to when Paige and Azzi will be back.
I think it‘s a given that they will be back, but when and at what skill level?
The problem I see is that serious leg injuries have the potential to diminish
a players mobility, acceleration and speed.
(I’m including Azzi’s high school injuries. Has she fully recovered from them?)
Hopefully they both return with their physical abilities intact.

Reaction Score
When GA makes a pointed remark there is a purpose behind it. Again he is right, the game is played with players that are available. Thinking about the next game then player XYZ is available is a waste of time and distraction.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
LOL best quote at the very end:

"Shooting does make everything else look better. Shooting is like the extra virgin olive oil in cooking. You could put extra virgin olive oil on shoes, and it's going to taste good. You make enough shots, and your team is going to look good"

:D

Reaction Score
Geno said Azzi had been shooting around for 1/2 a day for a while now. She's probably close.

It will be an interesting game today. He appears to be going more with a big lineup. Maybe Liv, Dorka and Edwards in the lineup at the same time sometimes. I'm all for it considering the situation. Dorka is going to get a chance to shoot some 3's today it seems.

That's a stronger lineup than the alternative in my view. That puts the best 5 players he has on the floor.

Reaction Score
As he gets older( and I guess as I get older) his pressers get harder to follow. Stopped watching after about 3 minutes of "ums" and "i means".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom