Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hall was tougher and we stopped nothing in the paint when Clingan was out of the game. The biggest shock though was our passing, it was atrocious. Never expected our passing to look like that, we're a great passing team who acted like the ball was covered in lava tonight.

Reaction Score
How was Castles jump shot and free throws in HS? Seems like he doesn’t have much touch - of course play for him is much greater than the HA competition he was facing so could be a combo of rust and nerves.
Go ahead and start him and see if that shakes some greatness loose.

Reaction Score
Hall was tougher and we stopped nothing in the paint when Clingan was out of the game. The biggest shock though was our passing, it was atrocious. Never expected our passing to look like that, we're a great passing team who acted like the ball was covered in lava tonight.
I guess you are not shocked with our defense because it was the exact same thing as last year?? Just let them drive to the basket at will and do nothing about it??

Reaction Score
Might be time for Newton to become the alpha dog. This team needs a Kemba. A Shabazz. An AJax
Time? He's been it all season. Did you read the threads from last week of some in the media saying he was a 1st or 2nd team All American so far this season? Can we really expect him to be like Kemba this season? We have to be realistic.

I think it might be time to go to bed. Seeing some of the takes tonight is just frustrating.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Time? He's been it all season. Did you read the threads from last week of some in the media saying he was a 1st or 2nd team All American so far this season? Can we really expect him to be like Kemba this season? We have to be realistic.

I think it might be time to go to bed. Seeing some of the takes tonight is just frustrating.
Comparing him to those guys has always been outrageous.

He’s great for us. But those guys are some of the best college guards of all-time.

Reaction Score
I guess you are not shocked with our defense because it was the exact same thing as last year?? Just let them drive to the basket at will and do nothing about it??
More shocked by the horrible passing. I think this is the best passing team we've had and the passing was awful. Soft passes that barely got there when Hall was playing up on us, balls at guys feet, not making the extra pass, we basically kicked the ball all over the court tonight. Just a really strange performance.

Not worried at all other than Clingan's health but we once again didn't look ready for Big East play.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Big East cakes its pants with Marquette, Creighton and UConn going down in their first Big East games.

Reaction Score
Well Creighton fans will feel worse than us tonight. They blew a 14 pt lead at home to Nova who didn't have Justin Moore. Dixon was a straight up cold blooded with the go ahead 3 in OT-he had 32 pts

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The Curse of Khadary Richmond strikes again.
It's not a curse. It's the price to be paid for UConn snatching AJax away from Syracuse. It broke Boeheim's spirit.

Thereafter, Richmond went north where was misused. Boeheim's career ended poorly. Richmond found a better place. When he plays UConn, he's highly motivated. Who's surprised by that.

I was looking forward to seeing Castle defend him . Didn't happen.
Next.

Reaction Score
8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 9 pts. Respectable.
I only saw the last 10 minutes, and he was torched multiple times. No offside help, but it probably would have backfired.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Have to wonder if Alex’s hand is still bothering him? We know he’s a better shooter than he’s shown so far this year. The only disappointing thing with him, is it seems like hasn’t taken a leap in self creation like we were hoping for. Maybe as an upperclassman we’ll get more in that area?

Reaction Score
He’s a tremendous role player. Expecting more is setting yourself up for disappointment against better talents. He’s not a takeover the game by creating for himself type. Which is okay because he does what he does very well.
Between Karaban, Spencer and Ball not playing well. I still stand by my take that there is some room to get Stewart in the game to see what he can provide in games like this..

When two of those guys are playing well maybe not, but this game and the Kansas game..maybe Stewart can at least give us a punch on offense or a slightly quicker step on D for a few minutes

Reaction Score
Have to wonder if Alex’s hand is still bothering him? We know he’s a better shooter than he’s shown so far this year. The only disappointing thing with him, is it seems like hasn’t taken a leap in self creation like we were hoping for. Maybe as an upperclassman we’ll get more in that area?
He has a strange shooting form and while it’s very solid and it works most the time it’s going to be inconsistent. He misses long very often

Reaction Score
Turned off at half time and went to bed. Just had that "they aren't winning this" vibe like when Lisa watched fball with Homer in the Simpsons and she predicted the winner according to the pre game interview. Not panicked of course or even upset so much as baffled and puzzled, though that injury plays a big part. Only silver lining is Marquette and Creighton lost but the bottom half of the BE wasn't supposed to be good according to the ooc so...ehhhh

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BTW, if Providence beats Butler are they ranked next week? Might they be fighting for 4th best with Butler? If Butler beats Providence and wins one of their ranked games in early January could they be ranked?

Reactions: Orc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22