Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They can lose to anybody decent, it happens. What is obviously striking is the WAY it happened tonight. Not ONE player stepped up tonight. Not ONE. That is incredibly concerning when you talk about experienced players like Newton and Spencer and a guy like Karaban who typically has shown incredible composure. We aren't supposed to just pack it in like that. Honestly that game was over as soon as we gave up the lead at 23-22. Never challenged them again. That's just weak, weak stuff.
We lacked composure, couldn't hit timely 3rs and missed inside a lot. Odd for us and hope it's a one off. Where were the adjustments and comeback?

Reaction Score
The only important thing that happened tonight was Clingan looked really hurt. Sit him until he really gets well.

We didn't play well or shoot well or handle the ball well.

We should have sagged and mucked up the paint. Bad game plan tonight.
How do we win without him?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I’m not quite sure what to think about this performance or lack there of. When Hurley subbed with the score 20-10, we lost all momentum and never looked the same. Clingan looked like a first round pick, potentially, but every other Husky was awful. Castle may want to rethink about entering the draft and come back here instead. Newton played his worst game of the season along with Spencer and Karaban. Hurley needs to start Castle going forward.

Reaction Score
Disappointed because I thought this team was too smart and experienced to play that bad. They lost at Seton Hall last season so I figured it couldn't happen again.

Very worried about Clingan. If he's out for the season then they are in big trouble. No depth at the 5 and Johnson looked like a newborn colt tonight. What was that?

Who thought the black uniforms were a good idea? I'm sure not Hurley. Surprised he didn't over rule that.
He has no inside game like Clingan. Singare?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Kept on waiting for Castle to impress. Didn’t happen.
Well he was 2-3 tonight. I think if he’s inserted back into the starting lineup and gets the minutes he can start to assert himself more.

Reaction Score

This is good news and a sigh of relief from me. I’ve gone from barely being able to walk from an ankle sprain to not even being able to notice anything is wrong with ten minutes and a proper tape job.

Reaction Score
He just has a lot that Solo doesn’t at this point. We need a secondary guy to be able to go get his own.
Definitely a better option, and he should be starting over Solo. Just don't think either was particularly impactful with their minutes tonight

Reaction Score
What the hell are you talking about? That would put us at 25-6 going to MSG

The 1s last year in the reg season?

Houston 29-2 (AAC)
Bama 26-5
Kansas 25-6
Purdue 26-5

Xavier was the 2 seed at MSG at 15-5
Ceiling meaning best we could possibly do and we’re already down one with much tougher road games ahead. 13-7 won’t get a 1 or 2

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Btw, it was not on Castle to takeover this game. He’s still recovering from an injury coming off the bench. It’s unfair to expect him to flip a switch from being brought back to taking over, especially when it’s suppose to be Newton’s team.

Maybe we adjust later and try to make him more of a focal point we’ll see. But it’s foolish to put him not “taking over” on him when it’s clearly Newton’s job to do that currently.

Reaction Score
He has already said he will eventually send them NIL money. Tonight he helped beef up their Kempom rating. Can't really get mad at Dan for his sentimentality for his alma mater. They gave him a scholarship. Stuck with him through think and thin. Of course, he has a blind spot when it comes to them. We can forgive him for that.

On to St John's.

Reaction Score
Definitely a better option, and he should be starting over Solo. Just don't think either was particularly impactful with their minutes tonight
Nope, Castle had some poor passes and played D like a freshman. Unless he’s open, Solo is virtually a babysitter for the ball on offense.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
I appreciate the sentiment and you raise some valid points, but this game was unacceptable.
But that's the good thing. It was unacceptable but it's December which is fine. I'm sure Hurley and crew needed some good tape on what needs to change. Better for this to happen on the road early in conference play after our main big went down and forcing the rest to adapt. Clingan was easily our best option at the time so it forced our hand in the front court.

Not all losses are bad.

Reaction Score
8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 9 pts. Respectable.
Took him 12 shots to get to those 9 points. Karaban did not have a respectable game, he was not good. Been a bit of a trend for him now, hope it’s not injury

Reaction Score
I’m sure it’s been said but only Amir can shoot. Why play Richmond so close, or Davis or the Chubby one. They can’t shoot. Sag off them and make them hit jumpers. Richmond is going to drive and then spin and hang for a foul and 3 point play.

Castle has to start now. Let’s get our best 5 out there. He needs ti be part of the sets. He’s our best defender. He can’t shoot but he can cause fouls. Needs to learn this offense too. He looks disconnected and like he doesn’t know these guys yet. Weird.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Anyone concerned about Karaban just not being as good as we think he is?
He’s a tremendous role player. Expecting more is setting yourself up for disappointment against better talents. He’s not a takeover the game by creating for himself type. Which is okay because he does what he does very well.

Reaction Score
Castle is not going to get away with some of the passes he tried tonight at this level.
He needs to start and get 25 mins so he can be dialed in.

Reaction Score
Castle is not going to get away with some of the passes he tried tonight at this level.
He needs to start and get 25 mins so he can be dialed in.
I don’t really get this. When has Castle had a better game than Ball? Ball isn’t an amazing shooter but he canned some in big games. Castle can’t shoot at all. Solo may not have the upside but he doesn’t turn the ball over and he plays defense to almost the same level. Why would we just hand castle the starting spot? What about his game shows that he needs more minutes to succeed?

Reaction Score
Hopefully he does start next game, whether it's the minutes restriction gone or superstition. But he also hasn't looked great, he was -18 in 20 minutes tonight. He's also obviously one of the 5 most talented players so the change needs to happen

Yea, Castle had a bunch of horrible passes. At least 3-4 deflections/bad decisions. He seemed really surprised defenders got their hands on the ball.

Chalk it up to his first game with BE-style bully defense. He's a big and talented dude so I expect him to adapt and play better going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom