Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lots of missed bunnies. Not sure if nova will throw everyone at Sanogo like Hall did
Just because they are taken while the shooter's body is within a few feet of the basket, they aren't bunnies if he's off-balance, not going toward the rim, focused on not drawing contact more than making the shot, etc.

Reaction Score
Polley with his haircut, those retro jerseys, and ankle socks was giving me real Rashad Anderson vibes tonight. Just needed longer shorts.

Reaction Score
Lots of missed bunnies. Not sure if nova will throw everyone at Sanogo like Hall did

I thought the Hall did a good job of pushing Sanogo out an extra 1-2 feet and quickly doubled/tripled when he got the ball. He needs to recognize the doubles faster and get the ball back out. Of course then someone has to hit the shot. The shots he hit were difficult. The rest of Sanogo’s game was excellent, that pass to Whalley was nice and well timed. A great example of playing extremely well but not a good shooting night.

Reaction Score
There were a few instances where I think we were too unselfish. Twice Cole was wide open for 3 and he passed up the shot to run offense resulting in a turnover. If Cole is open I want him shooting that all day.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Hell of a win. Incredible defense. We routed an 8-seed on a neutral court despite a really poor night from Sanogo offensively. Really impressive.
Sonogo cannot play tonight like last night. Still fumbling with the ball, he is tossing the ball up rather than look. Sloppy shooting for someone that big 7 feet from the hoop or closer. Yes he is being double teamed, get the foul.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Great defensive efforts all over the court. Tyrese and Jackson were especially disruptive and seemed to stop any chance of seton hall getting into an offensive flow.

My one real complaint coming out of that is Sanogo still concerns me when we go up against real size inside though. He just can’t seem to get it going consistently against seven footers.
He is just throwing the ball and hopes it goes in.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I think the refs really stayed out of the way. As physical as the game was, there weren’t a ton of whistles.
I agree. A perfect example of letting them play.

Reaction Score
close friend who's a lifelong big10 fan and i were texting during our game. around 6 minutes in he said "i guess the refs aren't calling?" my reply was just "Big East"
Our joke in the old days was when the refs blew their whistle we would yell “what do you think this is, the PAC 12”?

Reaction Score
Awesome to see hoops alumni show support. Boone looks so different with that ‘do. Was not expecting a Justin Evanonich sighting!
Him and Meka were friends. I remember when they did an anti-bullying thing along with Ben at the elementary school I worked at. Nice young men, spent time talking to some of us.

Reaction Score
Hmmm, mojo theme?

200.gif

Reaction Score
Where are the Hurley praise posts? That team was well prepared.
hurley haters would also be wise to check out the seton hall board today for some perspective. to people outside the program, it's pretty clear what our coach is building. kevin willard is about to be the belle of the ball on the coaching carousel and their fans are jealous of our recruiting, our gameplanning, and our intensity.

it's also pretty funny to see how despondent they were over the volume of uconn fans in the garden.

Reaction Score
It’s more of a spacing issue. Teams are daring Whaley & Jackson to shoot from deep so they’re swarming and digging down on the Sanogo. He’s getting so few clean looks. Hell prolly get a few more against smaller defenders vs Nova but having 3 guys in a lineup who can’t shoot for long stretches of play hampers Sanogos ability to get clean, one on one looks. This line up relies so heavily on offensive rebounding.

This is gonna become a massive problem for teams next year when Hawkins hits his stride and sees more minutes, and Karaban is in at the stretch 4 hopefully. Sanogo is gonna be unstoppable.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is gonna become a massive problem for teams next year when Hawkins hits his stride and sees more minutes, and Karaban is in at the stretch 4 hopefully. Sanogo is gonna be unstoppable.
So true. I trust Whaley’s shot more than Jackson, which isn’t saying a lot. Jackson is definitely a net plus overall, but boy is his shooting form terrible for such a great athlete. A few great shooters and for example golfers can get away with screwy form because it works for them. Not so in Ajax’s case. He could be college POY if he could score even 15-17 a game he does other things so well. How about an off season shooting revamp with Ray Allen tutoring.

Reaction Score
I thought the Hall did a good job of pushing Sanogo out an extra 1-2 feet and quickly doubled/tripled when he got the ball. He needs to recognize the doubles faster and get the ball back out. Of course then someone has to hit the shot. The shots he hit were difficult. The rest of Sanogo’s game was excellent, that pass to Whalley was nice and well timed. A great example of playing extremely well but not a good shooting night.
I agree that he needs to recognize the doubles earlier. Hall made it very difficult with the quick third defender (and sometimes fourth) focused on blocking his vision and passing lane out of the trap. No chest pass possible, only high overhead pass if he can see the open shooters. Their game plan recognized how dangerous he was to them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom