Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Their big guy was reason why both Whaley and Sanogo had a hard time down low. He is big and long plus they doubled Sanogo. If he was smarter he would pass out of that.

Nova doesn’t have any shot blockers so I expect Sanogo to have a much better game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I’ll say, the difference in defensive fundamentals between these two teams was very obvious. UConn did a great job of guarding with the body and keeping arms vertical and SHU seemed to slap at the ball on almost every play. SHU is probably lucky that 17-10 foul deficit wasn’t even worse.
I think the refs really stayed out of the way. As physical as the game was, there weren’t a ton of whistles.

Reaction Score
So can we talk about RJ Cole's favorite band now?
the-hangover-jonas-brothers.gif

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I think the refs really stayed out of the way. As physical as the game was, there weren’t a ton of whistles.
Yeah a noticeable difference in how their reffing the BET. I like watching it but I don’t think it’s doing the league teams any favors come NCAAT time.

Reaction Score
Don’t get me wrong, I loved that the refs allowed some contact and flow in the game. Just pointing out SHU really earned that foul differential and is pretty lucky the refs weren’t calling it tighter.

Reaction Score
Lots of missed bunnies. Not sure if nova will throw everyone at Sanogo like Hall did
No, but he definitely needs to get better about passing out of the triple and quadruple team rather than trying to take on the entire defense himself down low. GQ Jay will throw the kitchen sink at him expecting him to take it himself 90% of the time.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Big East has always been different.
close friend who's a lifelong big10 fan and i were texting during our game. around 6 minutes in he said "i guess the refs aren't calling?" my reply was just "Big East"

Reaction Score
Sanogo can shoot over a seven footer, the problem was they swarmed him. He needs to pass it out and reset.
It’s more of a spacing issue. Teams are daring Whaley & Jackson to shoot from deep so they’re swarming and digging down on the Sanogo. He’s getting so few clean looks. Hell prolly get a few more against smaller defenders vs Nova but having 3 guys in a lineup who can’t shoot for long stretches of play hampers Sanogos ability to get clean, one on one looks. This line up relies so heavily on offensive rebounding.

Reaction Score
Sanogo can shoot over a seven footer, the problem was they swarmed him. He needs to pass it out and reset.
That’s definitely an issue but he had several shots where he was one-on-one with Obiagu where Obiagu blocked or severely altered Sanogo. Sanogo has had a few games against bigger centers where he struggled to get into a flow.

Reaction Score
So let's celebrate for a couple of days and get ready for Nova.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Great coaching, let's give DH some duly earned credit. No mistakes from him and he clearly prepped the squad because that performance tonight was excellent.

Sanogo did well, he was double, triple, and even quadruple teamed - he's not always going to be able to escape! True though he seems to struggle against those 7' giants, the upside being with all that attention on him there were opportunities for others to score. Was really happy to see AJ stepping it up everywhere and Gaffney did what he needed to do without a bobble, I mean I think everyone who stepped out tonight played damned good and that's something to cheer.

The word I thought of most was "suffocating" tonight because man they were just all over Hall. Now I can see where Coach is coming from with his defense obsession. 18pts at the half? Ouch.

What a game - if they can sustain this...

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
The D was massive tonight. Just a punishing D. They could not handle the D we gave them.

Jackson was awesome. He's a menace defensively. The recovery to almost pick off that backdoor pass was amazing and he made it look routine, just couldn't stay in bounds. If he had punched that dunk in the first half it's one of the plays of the season in college basketball. I think all things considered this is the manner in which we're going to have to win in the tournament: tough defense, attack the glass, get timely buckets when you need them.

The Garden is going to be buzzing tomorrow. Tall task to beat Nova, especially with no offensive contribution from Hawkins. The guys who blow hot and cold are going to have to be on tomorrow night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom