Seth Greenberg picks UConn 4th in the AAC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seth Greenberg picks UConn 4th in the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any non bias person would pick them 3rd-4th, not sure what the issue is? Of course other then the people on this board being a bunch of homers.

Reaction Score
Any non bias person would pick them 3rd-4th, not sure what the issue is? Of course other then the people on this board being a bunch of homers.

I think the issue is that Greenberg projects them to be worse than they were last year.

Reaction Score
We have indeed seen what can happen when those dreams aren't properly managed and it isn't pretty.

And when they were properly managed, we won 3 NCAA championships. Without the NBA dreamers, we win ZERO.

Reaction Score
Dieng will be hard for them to replace. They will likely start Harrell and have less reliable depth in the front court. Siva is also a pretty big loss in some ways. UL fans love his replacement and some think the replacement could be a OAD and the best PG in the AAC. I doubt it. Siva is only less of a loss because he was good for two to three wtf moments a game.

Siva is a huge loss for the Ville when they play us. Can't think of many guys over the course of BE history who owned us the way he did.

Reaction Score
Worse than Cincy

That is very odd and I believe wrong way to take it. They split with Cincy last year and finished a game apart, Cincy also had a higher BE SOS. Tough to say for sure UConn was better than them last year.

Maybe he also thinks Cincy improved more.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Most of the issue is with Cinci over UConn. The analysis in this thread is pretty decent in the entirety because it, for the most part, puts Ville on top with UConn and Memphis as 2 or 3. The Cinci analysis is well thought out. I wouldn't say homerism (?) is the issue. Maybe some overly strong criticism of Seth is the issue.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That is very odd and I believe wrong way to take it. They split with Cincy last year and finished a game apart, Cincy also had a higher BE SOS. Tough to say for sure UConn was better than them last year.

Maybe he also thinks Cincy improved more.
the game they lost Bazz was injured.

D

Deleted member 3149

99and04,
I have to say that some of the things you mention worry me a bit. The idea that we have a lot of kids with NBA dreams is one of them is one of them. We have indeed seen what can happen when those dreams aren't properly managed and it isn't pretty. and to a degree, I think while a lot of them have the dream, only Daniels has the tools right now. But overall, I think this is potentially a solid team that can win a lot of games and if things break properly could make a pretty nice run. Unlike some, I don't think it is a national championship team, its sort of a donut team at this point, but if the backcourt plays like it is capable they'll be very good and a very good backcourt can carry you far in college basketball.

Remember when you were against Kevin Ollie...

Reaction Score
the game they lost Bazz was injured.

and the game they won was at home in OT with shooting over 50% from 3. I get what you are saying. But the teams are not far apart, there is nothing to suggest so.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
and the game they won was at home in OT with shooting over 50% from 3. I get what you are saying. But the teams are not far apart, there is nothing to suggest so.
You must have missed the exchange between aceboon and OkaforPrez about the pg situation at Cincy in this thread. The presenters in this thread pretty much make your point that Cinci and UConn were even last season but the pg position will be run by a 3 star freshman. And that's the tilt this thread has about UConn ahead of Cincy this season and the constructive criticism of Seth.

Reaction Score
People are sleeping on this team. They are going to be better than last year. AND, if the stars align and we see improvement from Giffey, Calhoun, Daniels, and Nolan, coupled with a tad more maturity from Boatright, then look out. They will be fantastic. Napier simply needs to be what he already was.

Seth Greenberg = Doug Gottleib

Reaction Score
I'm far from a homer; I think UConn is at worst 2nd...argueably tops in the conference.
I'm a little biased vs RB. I think he blows up this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
2,3 or 4 - this early who really cares???? I am no Greenberg fan, in fact he and the idiot Jeff Jacobs can battle for bandwagon jumpers of the year. If UConn is 4th best, with the talent they have, this conference is awfully good at the top.
Baz will be great, Daniels has the taste of possible greatness, Calhoun has got to get better under KO, Boat will be Boat and I think Nolan will be much improved. Who knows what the frosh will bring and I know of no coach in the USA would not salivate in thinking of having Giffs off the bench.
If things go as I am hoping, UCONN will be in 1st come March

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm far from a homer; I think UConn is at worst 2nd...argueably tops in the conference.
I'm a little biased vs RB. I think he blows up this year.

it would make sense, boatright reminds me of a premature kemba. as we all know kemba did big things his junior year

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Three thoughts:

1) I think UConn can contend for a conference title.
2) Devils advocate, was it 2009 the last time we had a winning conference record of more than 2 games over .500 (last year's 10-8). Granted, this isn't the Big East.
3) Its Seth Greenberg's mid August AAC predictions...who cares lol

Reaction Score
Remember when you were against Kevin Ollie...
If we perform this year, I'll be fine with him. If we flame out, not so much...And by perform I don't mean finish 4th in the AAC. We should do that by just showing up. Finsihing 4th means we're not as good as the real teams in the conference, or better put perhaps, we're the worst of the real teams. I actually think most people agree with that assessment and to some extent that is why all the angst over Greenberg's pick. If I were a Temple fan, though, I might do a swan dive off the Penn Bridge...Worse than SMU and Houston? Seriously?

D

Deleted member 3149

If we perform this year, I'll be fine with him. If we flame out, not so much...And by perform I don't mean finish 4th in the AAC. We should do that by just showing up. Finsihing 4th means we're not as good as the real teams in the conference, or better put perhaps, we're the worst of the real teams. I actually think most people agree with that assessment and to some extent that is why all the angst over Greenberg's pick. If I were a Temple fan, though, I might do a swan dive off the Penn Bridge...Worse than SMU and Houston? Seriously?

I'm only teasing. But yes, I'd say that's a fair assessment. But you have to be pleased with the way KO handled our season last year. Not to mention, not a single player jumped to the NBA...He's doing something right.

Reaction Score
Mike,

I was pleased with how he handled things. The question is whether he can repeat the process with something on the line. Hope he can. I never said I didn't want him to be a success. I didn't think he would be, and given the oddities of last year, I would argue the jury is still out. And whether he has the stuff to be a real championship level coach or just another pretty good coach, Mick Cronin if you will, obviously also remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
This team has a bundle of talent, don't listen to anybody who says other wise. They've also only gotten better this offseason, so it's ludicrous to assume well have a worst year than last, barring injuries. consistency from our second big will let us flourish

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Siva is a huge loss for the Ville when they play us. Can't think of many guys over the course of BE history who owned us the way he did.

Three words: Kerry frickin' Kittles...

Reaction Score
SMU is ready to surprise the college hoops world this year after finishing 15-17 last year. Top 3 finish in AAC with a tourney birth. Love transfer Nic Moore and their 2 other big additions.

Larry Brown will get quite a bit of ink this year. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET