Seth Davis's UConn write up | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Seth Davis's UConn write up

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't pay much attention to the correlation between rankings and recruiting. Is the class we signed for next season a fluke? The reason I ask is because I don't recall being highly ranked last season. I thought that The Brand may have something to do with it as well.

Or the staff and recruiters.

Good point.

Obviously national consciousness helps too, but in the end the coaches do legwork.

Reaction Score
A few short years ago we were over the moon if Uconn was in the "others receiving votes". Remembering the darker days makes getting mad about anything this year impossible, at least for me and, I'd assume, anyone reasonable. Enjoy the ride. When they were struggling vs low majors it was hard to ever imagine THIS, right now. But here we are, so just relish in the excitement.

Reaction Score
My two cents.. We have shown that we have depth and balance re: offensive/defensive efficiency.. We have already beaten teams who will be Tournament teams.. BE season on the horizon -it will be a grind. Top 5 in polls. Win the next two. One game at a time.. And I would say that we have far exceeded many expert's expectations of us thus far in the season.

As Barry Sanders would say after handing the ball to the ref after scoring another TD (and no crazy celebration) .."You gotta act like you've been there before". We've been here before as a fan base.. We've been a successful program and it's great to be back.. Things will be fine.. Enjoy the ride.. No need for hysteria..

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think the reason people are taking umbrage with our ranking is no matter what your criteria for assessment is its tough to find more than 4 better teams resume wise:

Margin of Victory, Best Win, # of Losses, etc.

But, it remains true, we don't hang banners in Storrs for December rankings, so ho hum.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh and why you can’t wear white after Labor Day
You will burst into flames. Has something to do with solar cycles. I’ve seen it happen like three times.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Fine differences in the rankings are truly meaningless this early in the season. Can I see being upset if someone has us at 15? Sure, if you want to follow the rankings of individuals. But the difference between 7 and 5 at this point in the season is so unbelievably fine that I truly don't understand how someone can be outraged or upset because someone disagrees with you by 2 spots. That is giving the rankings far, far, far more respect than they deserve. Not Seth Davis's rankings -- anyones. Not everyone is going to have or has to have the exactly same opinion.
1670280025068.png

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I think the reason people are taking umbrage with our ranking is no matter what your criteria for assessment is its tough to find more than 4 better teams resume wise:

Margin of Victory, Best Win, # of Losses, etc.

But, it remains true, we don't hang banners in Storrs for December rankings, so ho hum.

This needs to be the motto. "We don't hang banners in December" I can't promise to credit you ever time but I'm going to say this a lot.

Reaction Score
Geez can we earn the ranking of "5", "8", "12" or whatever in March not now? Who cares about December 5th I care about Jan, Feb on and on where it actually does help in recruiting. If we're ranked 2nd today and lose in the round of 64 again how's that going to impact recruiting? These guys have a lot to prove still let's let it ride.

Reaction Score
Geez can we earn the ranking of "5", "8", "12" or whatever in March not now? Who cares about December 5th I care about Jan, Feb on and on where it actually does help in recruiting. If we're ranked 2nd today and lose in the round of 64 again how's that going to impact recruiting? These guys have a lot to prove still let's let it ride.
I'll be very disappointed if we earn the ranking of 12 in March.

Reaction Score
Fine differences in the rankings are truly meaningless this early in the season. Can I see being upset if someone has us at 15? Sure, if you want to follow the rankings of individuals. But the difference between 7 and 5 at this point in the season is so unbelievably fine that I truly don't understand how someone can be outraged or upset because someone disagrees with you by 2 spots. That is giving the rankings far, far, far more respect than they deserve. Not Seth Davis's rankings -- anyones. Not everyone is going to have or has to have the exactly same opinion.
Agreed. If youre 7 or 5 youre likely a #2 seed in the tourney and likely #1 in your conference and conference tourney. I agree if they were ranked 15 and everyone else had them top 7 then its a legit complaint. That being said rankings at this point in the season dont mean much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom