Serrel Smith | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Serrel Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
how often do we get recruiting news from an actual printed source? the boneyard has a better track record than any recruiting expert and typically knows when we're getting a commit before any of the recruiting guys on twitter
My source (who covers the eybl for ny/nj) told me that I was the first person to bring that scenario to him. This wouldn’t be the case if it was as BFieldHusky said that “ALOT” of sources were reporting this. News travels fast on the curcuit, especially this type of news. So stop spreading fake news and lying about “ALOT” of sources.

Reaction Score
My source (who covers the eybl for ny/nj) told me that I was the first person to bring that scenario to him. This wouldn’t be the case if it was as BFieldHusky said that “ALOT” of sources were reporting this. News travels fast on the curcuit, especially this type of news. So stop spreading fake news and lying about “ALOT” of sources.

It's not a lie. One media guy I know from CT, another plugged in donor. Not a done deal with lecque but were closing

Reaction Score
Meh I've heard it from a couple different people, too, so it's not just him. No one said he's coming here for sure, just that we're pushing for it. The Silverio decommit lines up with the timeline, too

Reaction Score
Nobody is guaranteeing anything. I heard a couple days ago Brendan Adams was gonna commit here, but so far it seems he’s checking his options more thoroughly than we expected. Recruiting is fluid, grain of salt, etc.
Yeah just look at the last few years. The staff thought we had guys locked up and then they went elsewhere.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fake news this was a rumor started by boneyarders I have yet to see anything suggesting that this is true other than that they follow each other on twitter. If thats all it took to get packaged players half of the 2018 class would be committed to the same school.
You get three dislikes for this post. For the use of Fake news. For not knowing BFieldHusky and his record. For needing a source outside the Boneyard.

Spend less time looking elsewhere. Read more here.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's not a lie. One media guy I know from CT, another plugged in donor. Not a done deal with lecque but were closing
Great news. But did you hear it from them first or the Boneyard. Better say Boneyard.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I don’t get it ... so you’re assuming your one source is correct, but others shouldn’t think multiple of their sources are ?

Sounds like their sources are more closely tied to UConn as well, so this whole post is confusing.

I don’t know either way, but people sounding confident that it’s being discussed is more than welcome to me.

Questioning sources is one thing, but you said they’re flat out lying. That’s pretty bold.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Meh all of this recruiting stuff is just getting hopes up lol. Some people here are confident we are getting Lecque & Silverio for '18. That's basically it, just like it always is. We haven't gotten a next yet from Zionn so I'll hold out hope until then.

Currently hiding, but vigilant...

Chuchie_3577bf_5841149.jpg

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There is a LOT of talk of the combo of Lecque/Silverio for 2018. From different sources. Def in play.

Smiling Hurley next to your posts always bolsters my confidence.

Reaction Score
Fake news this was a rumor started by boneyarders I have yet to see anything suggesting that this is true other than that they follow each other on twitter. If thats all it took to get packaged players half of the 2018 class would be committed to the same school.
Those packaged deals rarely work out and from the school's perspective they usually only want one of the players. The #2 kid can likely get more PT somewhere else.

pj

Reaction Score
Smiling Hurley next to your posts always bolsters my confidence.

That picture doesn't give me confidence. If the guy's already pulled his hair out, can we count on him to avoid heart disease?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
the boneyard had Hurley to UConn before anyone else.
And Akinjo to decommit (yes I'm patting myself on the back there).

Fwiw I've heard Lecque since the day after Hurley officially became our coach. I haven't heard it's part of a package deal, but it's pretty easy to connect some dots and cross some fingers.

But in general @BFieldHusky has a great track record with this stuff. As do a few other folks who are bullish on our chances with Lecque.

Reaction Score
If Lecque is demanding Silverio as part of a package, let's hope it doesn't turn out like Lebron demanding that Miami draft Shabazz........and then leaving.

And, based on all the things we've heard about Hurley not being one to take shortcuts, would he really take a package deal which included a three star for a "likely" one and done?

Having said that, if the coaches believe in him I'm all for it, but Smith looks really good too and if he doesn't come with demands for a spot for someone in his posse I like him better.

Reaction Score
If Lecque is demanding Silverio as part of a package, let's hope it doesn't turn out like Lebron demanding that Miami draft Shabazz...and then leaving.

And, based on all the things we've heard about Hurley not being one to take shortcuts, would he really take a package deal which included a three star for a "likely" one and done?

Having said that, if the coaches believe in him I'm all for it, but Smith looks really good too and if he doesn't come with demands for a spot for someone in his posse I like him better.
I don't see Hurley going for a package deal unless he also likes Silverio. You can't let the inmates run the prison.

Reaction Score
If Lecque is demanding Silverio as part of a package, let's hope it doesn't turn out like Lebron demanding that Miami draft Shabazz...and then leaving.

If Lecque reclassifies to 2018 I think its good. There are two things we need to do relatively early in the Hurley era, and that's to establish UConn as a NCAA-caliber team, and put some Huskies in the pros. Having Lecque next year is having a potential first round pick as insurance for Adams if he leaves, or for AG if he hurts his shoulder again. He'd add some buzz around the squad too. We've got 13 scholarships, if scholarship 13 goes to a 4 year player who may never amount to much then so be it.

Reaction Score
If Lecque reclassifies to 2018 I think its good. There are two things we need to do relatively early in the Hurley era, and that's to establish UConn as a NCAA-caliber team, and put some Huskies in the pros. Having Lecque next year is having a potential first round pick as insurance for Adams if he leaves, or for AG if he hurts his shoulder again. He'd add some buzz around the squad too. We've got 13 scholarships, if scholarship 13 goes to a 4 year player who may never amount to much then so be it.
And there's no way we'd agree to taking Silverio if we didn't see some sort of potential. There's nothing wrong with having a shooter as your fifth guard

pj

Reaction Score
I don't see the big deal of having a marginal player come along in a package. If he develops then we've gotten a second player in the package. If he doesn't earn time, he'll probably want to transfer to some place he can play, and if the NCAA passes the no-sit-out rule, he'll be able to do that at no cost. Meanwhile Lecque will not only help next year's team, but build stature back to the program and help re-establish a NYC pipeline. As long as you can honestly say to the second player that you think he has potential and you can develop him into a player, go ahead and extend the offer.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Lecque might not even be one and done, so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom