Serrel Smith | The Boneyard

Serrel Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
St. Petersburg’s Serrel Smith shines in college audition
Serrel Smith's workout Thursday afternoon was typical of any other. The St. Petersburg standout took shots all along the perimeter, showing off his long-range capabilities.

It was those in attendance that set this session apart.

Sitting on folding chairs along the sideline were head coaches or assistants from Georgia, Miami, Tennessee and West Virginia. They all flew in for this workout, which was scheduled five hours after the recruiting dead period officially ended.
On Friday, Clemson and Connecticut are expected to stop by.

After that, Smith will whittle down his list of schools to a top three and most likely make a decision on where to go at the end of the month.

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - ARS Rescue Rooter Tampa Hoopfest: Evans' Saturday Takeaways
A slender, baby-faced, scoring savant that is one of the most improved prospects since the summer months, Serrel Smith went absolutely bonkers on Saturday against one of the best backcourts in America. Oak Hill Academy, bolstered by the talents of Kentucky, Florida and Oregon recruits, each being found within the top-70 of the Rivals150, did their best to guard Smith but his scoring acumen off of jump stops, jab steps, catch and shoots and slice and scores was as impressive of a performance that had been seen all year long.

Headed to Ole Miss in the fall, Andy Kennedy has come to value high level scoring guards that tend to fly under the radar. The St. Petersburg product fits the mold perfectly. Primarily heralded as a fringe high-major prospect entering his senior year, Smith has shown great progressions since his travel ball career finished up. On Saturday, one high-major college coach remarked that he reminded him of a young Jamal Crawford; high markings but one that was pretty accurate seeing that he scored 42 points against some of the best guards in America.

Reaction Score
Get this kid, lecque, and a grad transfer and I’m all aboard the hype train. He’s the true 2 guard we haven’t had since lamb
Won’t happen. Lecque would be a package deal. With 3 scholarships remaining, you’d be choosing between this kid and a transfer, essentially.

It will probably be a tall task getting Smith to leave the south, anyway. Miami or Clemson should have the edge. He does follow Coach Young on twitter though, and has surpassed Matthews as a prospect.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Won’t happen. Lecque would be a package deal. With 3 scholarships remaining, you’d be choosing between this kid and a transfer, essentially.
A package deal with who?

Reaction Score
I believe Omar Silverio
Does anyone know our actual chances for Lecque? I've heard the "long running legs" thing for lecque, and the Bfield said we're going after bigger fish, but I wanna know whether to get my hopes up or not haha.

Reaction Score
It would be great if we have a chance with Smith as I said in the other thread as I like his shooting, ability to penetrate, and athleticism. If he Doesnt commit because he wants to stay in the south I hope that the Lecque rumors are true.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know our actual chances for Lecque? I've heard the "long running legs" thing for lecque, and the Bfield said we're going after bigger fish, but I wanna know whether to get my hopes up or not haha.
Meh all of this recruiting stuff is just getting hopes up lol. Some people here are confident we are getting Lecque & Silverio for '18. That's basically it, just like it always is. We haven't gotten a next yet from Zionn so I'll hold out hope until then.

Reaction Score
I only watched the first part earlier, but I am no scout but it looks like he cleaned up his shooting mechanics a bit on the Oak Hill highlights. Def like him better after watching the whole tape but I trust the staff on this one, either way.

Reaction Score
There is a LOT of talk of the combo of Lecque/Silverio for 2018. From different sources. Def in play.
Fake news this was a rumor started by boneyarders I have yet to see anything suggesting that this is true other than that they follow each other on twitter. If thats all it took to get packaged players half of the 2018 class would be committed to the same school.

Reaction Score
Fake news this was a rumor started by boneyarders I have yet to see anything suggesting that this is true other than that they follow each other on twitter. If thats all it took to get packaged players half of the 2018 class would be committed to the same school.
how often do we get recruiting news from an actual printed source? the boneyard has a better track record than any recruiting expert and typically knows when we're getting a commit before any of the recruiting guys on twitter

Reaction Score

People keep sources in PMs.

People like you are why they have to. And why real insiders have gone ghost

Reaction Score
If all recruiting tidbits were on twitter, the world would've had some indication that Zion was going to duke.

Also, @BFieldHusky has very good info

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
St. Petersburg’s Serrel Smith shines in college audition
Serrel Smith's workout Thursday afternoon was typical of any other. The St. Petersburg standout took shots all along the perimeter, showing off his long-range capabilities.

It was those in attendance that set this session apart.

Sitting on folding chairs along the sideline were head coaches or assistants from Georgia, Miami, Tennessee and West Virginia. They all flew in for this workout, which was scheduled five hours after the recruiting dead period officially ended.
On Friday, Clemson and Connecticut are expected to stop by.

After that, Smith will whittle down his list of schools to a top three and most likely make a decision on where to go at the end of the month.

Nice, smooth offensive game.

Maybe it matters, maybe it doesn’t... but I like his high release on his jumper, especially on his pull ups. If he can knock it down that’s unguardable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom